Disneyland Paris from sketch to reality?

Started by funmum, April 08, 2007, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I think I might have to try and get this book in March.

:D

OMG  :shock:  Prince misses the bible in his collection......
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

LovesDisney

Now is the time to order the updated enlish version of From Sketch to Reality if you can't pick it up at Disneyland because Alain Litaye is offering it on his site with free shipping  :D . I just ordered it myself yay! The cost is currently 50 Euro or 75 dollars and he uses paypal which I haven't used in ages and ages but it went well.

Everyone has been to Alain's blog at http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/
right  :wink:? Because it has such wonderful content he could charge admission!

Bamperoony

Thanks for the link LovesDisney! Now I've seen it I can't wait to get it.

I will drop heavy hints to "Moglet" (my daughter and another member) before Christmas and if I don't get it then I will pick up a copy when we go in January.

JJP

I saw this last year when i was there and knew i had to have it. I just look at it and count down the time till my next visit.

Bambi

An updated version? great!! I'm gonna have to get this book again in March.
I first bought it back in 2003, but it's looking a bit tatty now, I've read it so much, so this gives me the perfect excuse to get hubby to buy it for me.... :lol:

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I am going to DLRP next week and if the updated (and english) version is available I will definitely buy this beauty!! Just tell me please, how can I check if it is the "old" version or the new, updated one??

Thanks!

Alpop

I've just bought the new version and read it front to back just after xmas. Although I never read the first version. I believe the difference in the updated version is it's language ie English.
You will also find a reference to the Buzz Lightyear ride. And a mention of SPace mountain mission 2. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention the studios.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Mobi"going to DLRP next week and if the updated (and english) version is available I will definitely buy this beauty!! Just tell me please, how can I check if it is the "old" version or the new, updated one??

Thanks!

Just bumping this old thread, because the new 'Sketch to reality' thread got me thinking about the content in this one...

Can anyone confirm that the English version is for sale in the park at this moment?
And can anyone confirm that this then is the updated version?

I believe I'd have to check for references to Buzz Lightyear to check that it is the new version (I think the old version was also available in English, so that can't be the check, can it...)?

I'd love to know. If the answer is no, I'll have to consider contacting Alain Didier on the link LovesDisney posted here...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Agent Lex

The version I bought about a month ago was in English, I think €45, and mentioned Buzz and SM Mission 2.

DisneyAlba

Thank you, Agent Lex!

Here's hoping it will still be available when I go in July.
Oooo, I just realised I'll be able to use shareholders discount on it... :D
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"... Oooo, I just realised I'll be able to use shareholders discount on it... :D
No, you won't get any discount on it, sorry. I think because it is no Disney product.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Mobi"
Quote from: "DisneyAlba"... Oooo, I just realised I'll be able to use shareholders discount on it... :D
No, you won't get any discount on it, sorry. I think because it is no Disney product.

Seriously?! That's a bummer...

This is what the Shareholders Club website says:
QuoteShareholders Club members get up to 15% discount at Disneyland® Resort Paris boutiques.
Certain articles indicated in individual boutiques may be excluded.
This discount cannot be combined with other promotional offers and may be limited to 10% on certain items, such as collectors' pieces and limited editions.

So I gathered from this that "official Disney merchandise" is no criterium. I figured from this text, any article bought within a boutique gets the discount, unless it's specifically marked that it is excluded from the discount...

Hmpf.  :(

No, there are quite a few articles that you don't get a discount on. I don't know all but I was denied discount on non-DLRP DVDs and CDs (like movies and movie soundtracks), books ...

In addition to that, there are also articles that you don't get the full 20% DreamPass discount. Last time I bought a snow globe and only got 10%. As reason I was told that the 20% are only up to a certain price (~50 EUR?), after that it is only 10%.

lil-shawn

hope this book will be still available when i visit DLRP next time.

on amazon.de i was reading that a sequel of
Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making More Magic Real
is coming out this year here is a little description.

QuoteHow can you make dreams come true? Or transform a fantasy into a colorful, exciting world that visitors can move through, touch, and enjoy? Such fabulous work is the daily business of Walt Disney's Imagineers, a core group of creative and highly skilled professional wizards who combine imagination with engineering to create the reality of dreams that are the Disney theme parks.

In this sequel to the bestselling Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real, the Imagineers serve up another dose of magic with an even closer look at who they are, what they do, and how they do it, illuminating their theories and explaining what tools they use, and where and how they use them. Contained within this deluxe tome are rough drawings, conceptual models, and behind-the-scenes stories showcasing Disney's newest attractions and innovations from the inside out. There's also an exclusive peek into the Research and Development Lab to see what new magic will soon be appearing.

The Imagineers will tell their own stories, as well-how they got there, what they do on a daily basis, what they show their friends in the parks, and how you can learn what it takes to become an Imagineer.

Presented in a large, lavish format, this book is sure to be a must-have for every Disney collector.

it sounds like this time we will see future expansion plans ect. too, it´s very funny cause
yesteday i thought about a book like this   :lol:
hope it will come earlier than november!

never2old

To come back to the From Sketch to Reality, is the new updated version very different from the old one?