WDW - Here we come.....

Started by grovesie, March 19, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovesie

It's not long now until we are off..... well 5 days in fact.

I thought that I would do a pre trip report of what we have planned so far. With the addition of fast pass +, days are now planned and gone are the spur of the moment decisions. I like the idea of booking your fastpass rides in advance but not sure if I am going to miss the spontaneity. I definitely will not miss the rush to the fast pass machines though.

Travelling  Me, Mrs and the 3 children ( 12 years, 8 years and 18 Years)

Day 1
24th March -, Flying with Virgin, staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We don't get there until late afternoon so will stay in resort and explore.

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom, Our joint favourite park. we will finish of at Rainforest café.

Day 3 and Day 4 - Universal studios, rest of family Harry Potter bokners. Then at T Rex for both evening meals

Day 5 - Epcot, This is our other favourite park. Dinner will be at The Garden Grill

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom, Character diner at Crystal Palace

Day 7 - Hollywood Studio, eating at Hollywood and Vine, one of our favourite buffets

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom again then to Downtown for diner at Planet Hollywood

Day 9 - Epcot, Trying Akershus Royal Hall for the first time

Day 10 - Magic Kingdom, another new restaurant to try Cinderella Royal table

Day 11 - Hollywood Studios. Tea at 50's Primetime. Great restaurant. I got told off last time for leaving my vegetables

Day 12 - Rest Day. We plan to stay at the hotel and lounge by the pool. Diner at the hotel restaurant Boat Wright's

Day 13 - Epcot and diner at Coral Reef

Day 14 - Animal Kingdom, last time each trip to this park got better and better, the safari is awesome. Diner at another new place Yak and Yeti

Day 15 - Staying at the hotel before catching our flight home

I am not sure how a written trip report will go , but I will post my usual pictures.

If there's anything I can find out for members please ask and I will do my best to answer upon my return

stecal

myburgeoning

perfect iternerary!! Don't forget to look for my post on WDW tips

msRavenswood

You're leaving on my birthday!  ;D Have the most amazing time!

norhel

Enjoy your time!
Looks like you're get to do much :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

twentythingamabobs

Have you actually made your Fastpass+ reservations then Grovesie? What did you go for if you don't mind me asking? Also, were there plenty of time options available for everything you wanted? Never used Fastpass before (even in DLP) so trying to make sure we get the most out of it  :-\

grovesie

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on March 19, 2015, 04:23:31 PM
Have you actually made your Fastpass+ reservations then Grovesie? What did you go for if you don't mind me asking? Also, were there plenty of time options available for everything you wanted? Never used Fastpass before (even in DLP) so trying to make sure we get the most out of it  :-\

There are too many rides to list. but we have booked the more popular rides( splash mountain, BTM, TOy Story Mania, 7 dwarfs mine train etc). Have have never used the service before but it is quite simple to use. At first you choose the rides you want to go on, you then get offered 3 choices, these have different times. don't worry if these are not to your liking as you can edit the times later after you have chosen.

On another note book your restaurants as soon as you can. You have to wait until 180 days before. We booked ours as soon as we could and were astonished to find that most of the times we wanted had gone, I know that there are 5 of us but it was still surprising.

grovesie

Quote from: myburgeoning on March 19, 2015, 03:42:02 PM
perfect iternerary!! Don't forget to look for my post on WDW tips

I will ave a look at your posts, We went 2 years ago but still did not do it all and it was weird being a newbie even though we have been to DLP so many times

DisneyRon

Have an awesome visit Grovesie, looking forward to the trip report. :D
My own visit is 44 days  from, now it'll be interesting to see some "last-minute" information. :)

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: grovesie on March 19, 2015, 04:34:20 PM

At first you choose the rides you want to go on, you then get offered 3 choices, these have different times. don't worry if these are not to your liking as you can edit the times later after you have chosen.

Ahhh i didnt realise you could change the times later that's such good news!

Aurora1

Have a wonderful trip!
I`ll e curious for your pictures or tips you might have. We`ll go in July. And we are first timers there! So a bit nerveous....
I`d be interested to know. Did you download the app for Fp and things?
                                      And how did it work in the parks (after you`re back of cours).
                                      Is it easier on an iPad or will the phone be all right?

Enjoy!

ilovemainstxxx

have a wonderful time and safe journey...x
sooo looking forward to seeing your fantastic photos and advise when you get back....
and look after your brilliant snow white in all that sun... ;)

grovesie

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on March 20, 2015, 10:04:22 AM
Quote from: grovesie on March 19, 2015, 04:34:20 PM

At first you choose the rides you want to go on, you then get offered 3 choices, these have different times. don't worry if these are not to your liking as you can edit the times later after you have chosen.

Ahhh i didnt realise you could change the times later that's such good news!

If you go into my Disney experience and find your itinerary. Select the ride you want to change the time for and a little box should be displayed, at the bottom it says modify it will then let you choose the time you wish for

grovesie

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 20, 2015, 11:09:17 AM
have a wonderful time and safe journey...x
sooo looking forward to seeing your fantastic photos and advise when you get back....
and look after your brilliant snow white in all that sun... ;)

Snow White is doing well and now is completely healed, but I will be using a high factor cream. 

grovesie

Quote from: Aurora1 on March 20, 2015, 10:15:24 AM
Have a wonderful trip!
I`ll e curious for your pictures or tips you might have. We`ll go in July. And we are first timers there! So a bit nerveous....
I`d be interested to know. Did you download the app for Fp and things?
                                      And how did it work in the parks (after you`re back of cours).
                                      Is it easier on an iPad or will the phone be all right?

Enjoy!

I have the app on my mobile( android), a tablet(android), an Iphone and Ipad. I will let you kow which is best.