April 21st start

Started by KirstyE, March 11, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirstyE

Anybody else starting on this date? Would be nice to meet some new faces before all the excitement starts :)

Also anybody got any recommendations on things to pack to ease the homesickness, and make the move easier?

Thankyou guys

Halosunshine

Hey.

I'm starting on the 23rd March so a little before you but I'll still be pretty new when you get there! In terms of little things to take to remind me of home I'm taking a couple of pictures and I know this sounds nerdy but I live in a little Village called Kirby so I am going to take a little figure of the Nintendo character Kirby to remind me of home.

Maybe see you out there in April :)

SwipatronSparks

i dont work at DLP but i do work aborad so also do the packing thing (im doing it now actually lol).... for easing the home sickness take some pictures of your friends/family, if you have any posters on your walls take them with you too, take your favourite cuddly toy if you have one, i am not going to lie to you homesickness will hit you, it will bite down hard, but just keep yourself busy and remember your not alone! half if not more of your workmates will be in the same boat as you or will have gone through it when they first started so get to know them spend time with them outside work and help each other through it. pack your favourite clothes, your comfiest pair of PJS, your favourite DVD's, books etc. and take them with you then on a night time or your time off if you dont feel like joining your work mates or just fancy spending some time on your own you have something to do. pack for the weather, in france your going to have hot days but there will be rainy days as well so make sure you have summer stuff but a few pairs of jeans and comfy shoes for walking in the rain, essentially pack as if your going somewhere in the UK for a couple of months. just remember if your flying your restricted by weight!!
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

KirstyE

Hey guys, that is some great advice. ThaNkyou so much!!!

Halosunshine- how you finding it so far? I've got a hotel booked for the 18th and 19th so I'm gonna come get used to the park and buses lol

Nastassja

Hi!! I'm Nastassja and I'll be starting on the 23rd too :)
where did you audition?

KirstyE

I auditioned In London back in November, when are you getting to Disneyland?

Nastassja

I'm leaving tomorrow for Paris and the meeting is on the 23rd :) so exicited! what about you? are you already there?

KirstyE

Im here already. Nearly finished training week. It's intense but I'm loving it. Are you in Les pleaides?