Help deciding on restaurants - shirtlist

Started by Lucyloo, March 02, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Just to check.  I'm guessing most of our choices we can simply walk in and farely quickly get a table.  However Annettes seems to be pretty popular.  Should I pre book this one or just turn up do you think?  Probably looking at Thursday evening, 4.30/5pm ish.  1 more thing.  I've read that the portions are large.  Do they frown upon a 4yr old sharing an adults meal?
Thanks

TappyFish

Can you pre-book for Annette's Diner? I don't seem to remember ever being able to, however I haven't been to DLRP for almost ten years so things have probably changed since ;)

TappyFish

Having had a look online, it would seem, as I previously thought, that you are still unable to pre-book some restaurants; Annette's being one of them. I would personally recommend trying to go there if you can though. The staff are great and very entertaining. Plus the atmosphere is fantastic. The food can be quite filling as already mentioned, though I wouldn't let that put you off. There is no reason you couldn't order a smaller dish however. Some of the classic meals are of a good size and I wouldn't struggle to finish them myself.

In answer to your question, "Do they frown upon a 4yr old sharing an adults meal?". I honestly don't know. I work at a hotel with an on-site restaurant and we wouldn't have an issue with it, providing the child was seated correctly. Disneyland, being a family-orientated business, shouldn't mind either, though maybe someone else could give you a better answer?

Magic_Liv

Although you can't book Annette's is really good at getting people seated quickly, when I went in the summer there were about 10 groups in the queue in front of us and we got seated in about 10 mins. The portion sizes are definitely big enough to share and I don't think they would have any issues with it. :)

stormflm595

Can I recommend the Rainforest Cafe in the Village? From your list you don't seem to have many proper table service meals planned and I think its always nice to sit down and relax, maybe have a cocktail and talk about your holiday so far. RC service is superb as well as food and the ring. The kids will love it! I also agree on Hakuna Matata, definitely my favourite place to eat at lunch!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Matt

Just don't get seated next to one of the elephants in Rainforest Cafe! It's trunk was waving over our table lol!
Other than that the food was lovely  :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stormflm595

I don't know why my phone autocorrected from theme to ring :)
but yes the elephants haha last time I was there we saw a woman nearly get hit by its trunk ha!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort