Can I buy cows milk anywhere in the Disney village etc for my daughters bottles?

Started by peterkellypetekacie, February 23, 2015, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esti

I just bought some really good milk from my local supermarket here in France. Mmmmm, delicious!
Believe me, the country of cheeses has plenty of milk. Whole, semi skimmed and skimmed.
If they looked puzzled when you asked for milk, maybe they didn't understand what you meant, because trust me, kids have milk for breakfast here too.

cazspence

I asked in french, and english. They understood completely as one replied back in English that they do not sell fresh milk, only uht. That was auchan in vde

Esti

And that's how you were able to know that there's no "fresh milk" in France?
There is. There's some in my fridge, actually. But even if there wasn't, there's still milk.

cazspence

If you care to re read what I said, i said it was not common to find, from over 15 years traveling in Europe not only to Disney, all over France and Holland  i can count on one hand the amount of times we have manged to find fresh milk, not uht. So yes it can be found but you have to know where to find it. It's not so common in tourist destinations. That's speaking from my own person experience.

HildeKitten

I think it's pretty logical that they only have the uht milk in Disneyland Paris.
I imagine that the demand for "fresh" milk is just too low to stock it.

I think your best bet to find "fresh" milk is organic stores.
I can of course only speak from experience with the European organic stores I've been to, but in Belgium, Germany and France I've seen milk in the fridge section, which generally means it's not uht as that kind of milk doesn't need to be refrigerated before opened, whilst french milk does.

caspdex

DisneyDonna

Quote from: cazspence on February 24, 2015, 11:51:18 PM
Quote from: DisneyDonna on February 24, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: cazspence on February 23, 2015, 07:05:55 PM
Cows milk is not really common to find in France. We've yet to find any there or Holland in fact either. And we've been traveling to Europe for 15 years. Even in the fridges it's still just uht. We even asked in Auchan and Carrefour when our son was still on bottles and got a look of Confusion from the staff. He just got uht, no other choice so he had no option, he took it no bother.

No cows milk in Holland???? Are you sure you've been looking correctly? We Dutchies love our milk!

I meant fresh milk. As in not uht, it took us long enough to find semi skimmed. We kept buying butter milk. 😣 found plenty of uht, but not any fresh milk in anywhere in Holland we've been, must be going to the wrong places. Albert hein, dirk, deca. Etc

All of our milk is fresh. Did you buy the ones in the cartons? People who live in Belgium come over to the Netherlands to get their milk here because it isn't fresh back in Belgium... I find this hard to believe, sorry.

HildeKitten

I live in Belgium, and I know where to get non uht milk without any issues at all.
Of course, it does take some looking out and googling, but it _can_ be bought in Belgium.
I think that Belgians crossing the border are simply the ones living in the small villages in Belgium next to it, in towns that don't have a proper supermarket of their own and find that the nearest one is in the Netherlands rather than in Belgium.
Because where I live, I have a plenty of choices of milk, ranging from fresh to different kinds of uht, organic. Cows, horses and goats.
And I don't even live in a huge town :)

That aside, I think we're all getting massively off topic (me as much as others, mea culpa!)

I think that it's best to just check with the DLP reservations number, as I think they are the most likely able to tell you what their restaurants serve. So they should be able to give a definitive answer whether or not they have fresh milk anywhere in the resort :)

Caz

This did tickle me. We took milk with us but then we drove and stayed at Davy Crocketts. I also have to disagree with Cazspence I'm afraid, fresh milk is available everywhere in france from large supermarkets to small village shops. Granted the range or volume is much smaller than the UK so you have to look a little harder but it can usually be found near the butter and cream. Bridel and Even are common brands whole milk in the red topped bottles and semi in the blue (unlike our blue and green!). As for Holland, I've lived there and have family there and they, famous for their Freisian cows definitely have fresh milk.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008