Anyone starting the same day as me? Also some questions on logistics

Started by Halosunshine, February 13, 2015, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halosunshine

Hey everyone.

So I am going to be on a study contract and arrive on the 23rd March. Does anyone else know anyone else who is going the same time or if there are any better forums I could use where there might be people on there?

I'm only asking as I'd like to maybe try and make contact with some people who are starting at the same or similar time to me so I can get to know some people before I head out.

Also what's the transport like between les Pleiades and the parks as I'd like to get as much info about logistics in advance as I can such as are the bus stops close to the apartments are the buses regular and easy to use and are the shops etc nearby? This is probably me being really nervous and overthinking things but think it would be useful to know.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide to me :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

I can't give you much info, but from what I know the transport between Les Pléiades and the parks fine.
Congratulations btw! I hope you have a great time there!
I'm actually invited to the recruitment session in Amsterdam on March 23rd, and if they hire me I can start asap.
So fingers crossed that I might join you not too long after your arrival!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Olaf.the.snowman

Congrats!!! I just got my job offer today! :D I am starting on 26/5. I know its not at the exact time as you but I'd love to meet new people before my arrival too.

Halosunshine

Wow well done on getting a contract.

Where abouts are you from? And do you know what kind of work you will be doing out there?

Olaf.the.snowman

Hi again!
They only told me that i will be a restauration employee...So..maybe waitressing or taking orders at the counter like fast food restaurants...I dont know.
Did they tell you where you are going to be working too?

Halosunshine

Hello

All I know is ill be in a counter service restaurant. I don't think I find out which one until I get there. Should be good hopefully and in regards to how the free tickets work as we were discussing in the other topic when I find out I shall let you know :)