WDW August 2015

Started by tubbsy, February 22, 2015, 06:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyRon

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 02, 2015, 10:25:37 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on February 28, 2015, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on February 27, 2015, 06:39:20 PM

we are looking at port orleans ,  fq as haveheard it is simmilar in size to dlp resorts ??? , what do you think??

French Quarter is the smallest resort at WDW, and has very good connections to the parks.
It only shares it's bus lines with Riverside, and most parks are not that far off.
That's one of the reasons I picked it to be honest, as well as a nice price-tag. ;)

The only downside is that it is a little less well stocked on the amenities side, as it has no table service restaurant of its own, though Riverside is only a 5-10 minutes walk away. It only has 1 Quick Service restaurant as well.

In terms of surface area, it may well be similar in size to the DLP resorts, but I haven't visited yet, though I wouldn't mind reporting back when I go there in May. :)

Hi DisneyRon
That would be fantastic if you could...
not long to go now for you , oohh im so jealous  ;D
will you be doing a full trip report..??

I intend to do a full trip report, and if I can manage it, I'll be doing daily updates like I did during my last visit to DLP (which worked rather well in my opinion).
The main difference is the length of the stay, 11 days rather than 5, with park tickets for 10 days.

If I'm not too exhausted (here's hoping I avoid Jetlagging myself out), I should post an update of my day every evening, something which worked really well for my DLP visit. Both for the readers here, as well as for myself, giving me a record to look back on.
I may not add photos I take/have taken each day, but after returning I'll add those in manually if needed, especially the photopass+ pictures.

grovesie

We are off to the Riverside in 3 weeks. Is there any thing I can look into for you whilst there?

twentythingamabobs

DisneyRon I really can't wait to hear about your trip, we are going to WDW for the first time in August and I have felt overwhelmed by this since we booked last year!

stecal

I'm so jealous of you going i've only been once when i was 17 which was 25 years ago now  :o half of it wasn't even built back then, i think i will go there next instead of paris but that will be at least another 5 years due to other commitments and the cost but at least my youngest will be old enough to appreciate it by then,hope you all have a great time

DisneyRon

Quote from: grovesie on March 03, 2015, 03:32:53 PM
We are off to the Riverside in 3 weeks. Is there any thing I can look into for you whilst there?

Well, I'll be interested in how you liked Hollywood Studios park, it's pretty much the smallest park, and I'm curious to know if I need 2 full days there or not. ;)

grovesie

Quote from: DisneyRon on March 03, 2015, 07:29:16 PM

Well, I'll be interested in how you liked Hollywood Studios park, it's pretty much the smallest park, and I'm curious to know if I need 2 full days there or not. ;)

Disney Ron,

It all depends on how busy it is and what type of things you wish to do. We went a few years ago for 14 nights and only went twice, but it was spring break ands the parks were busy. I would plan 2 days, if you then complete it you could visit a different park or just spend half of the second day there and get the boat taxi to Epcot, this only a 10-15 minute trip.

DisneyRon

Quote from: grovesie on March 05, 2015, 09:06:16 AM
Quote from: DisneyRon on March 03, 2015, 07:29:16 PM

Disney Ron,

It all depends on how busy it is and what type of things you wish to do. We went a few years ago for 14 nights and only went twice, but it was spring break ands the parks were busy. I would plan 2 days, if you then complete it you could visit a different park or just spend half of the second day there and get the boat taxi to Epcot, this only a 10-15 minute trip.

Good to know. :) I've scheduled (and made restaurant reservations) two days for it, but I'll indeed keep my options open to see if I actually need it or not. With a little luck the parks shouldn't be too busy (predictions are around 5/10 in terms of crowds), so I'll keep my options open.

ilovemainstxxx

hi there...
i know it might sound silly but if you could give us some info on the size of rooms and area compared to dlp that would be good...
we have stayed at Cheyenne, SF ,SL, and DLH just to compare ,think they look like they would be like SL, dont know if 4 of us in a room for two weeks would be to much , but would probably not be in them for that long anyway...??
i really like the look of POFQ, for size , but all the big heads and jesters are putting me off as i am scared of clowns and they all remind me of them and i honastly dont know if i could stay there, and  riverside looks great but alot bigger ...???

grovesie

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 07, 2015, 11:11:27 AM

hi there...
i know it might sound silly but if you could give us some info on the size of rooms and area compared to dlp that would be good...
we have stayed at Cheyenne, SF ,SL, and DLH just to compare ,think they look like they would be like SL, dont know if 4 of us in a room for two weeks would be to much , but would probably not be in them for that long anyway...??
i really like the look of POFQ, for size , but all the big heads and jesters are putting me off as i am scared of clowns and they all remind me of them and i honastly dont know if i could stay there, and  riverside looks great but alot bigger ...???

yes no problem, I will send a few pics too.  hope the rooms are big enough for 4 .... We are a party of 5, the 5th  folds out of the wall. We only use the room for sleeeping in so do not spend alot of time in there,

DisneyRon

The rooms at riverside are 314 square feet (approximately 29.6 m2).

Standard Rooms at the Disneyland Hotel are 34m2.
Standard Rooms at the Sequoia Lodge are 22m2.
Standard Rooms at the Cheyenne are 21m2.
Standard Rooms at the Santa Fé are 21m2.

So they're between the DLH and SL in terms of size. :)

tubbsy

Blimey! I go away for a few days and it goes a bit crazy on here!
I have 400 and something photos to still sort! (And I didnt think I had taken that many!)

OK-Hollywood Studios-Its maybe.... MAYBE.... a days worth of visits-or two half days as shows over lap.
We couldnt do Indiana and Motors Action the same day when we were there, so saw Motors Action one day and then Indiana another
Backlot has closed
But it was great to see Motors Action in its entirity-something we havent seen since Studios opened in DLP in 2002 (?)
Right! Back to Photobucket! Get these photos sorted!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: grovesie on March 07, 2015, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 07, 2015, 11:11:27 AM

hi there...

yes no problem, I will send a few pics too.  hope the rooms are big enough for 4 .... We are a party of 5, the 5th  folds out of the wall. We only use the room for sleeeping in so do not spend alot of time in there,

ohh great , i love your pics.. ;D
im sure they will be, just sometimes like my own space , and if we do go next year it will be with my then very grumpy 18 year old daughter and 12 year old son who just loves to wind her up ...haha, like you say we probably wont spend that much time there...

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: DisneyRon on March 07, 2015, 01:56:03 PM
The rooms at riverside are 314 square feet (approximately 29.6 m2).

Standard Rooms at the Disneyland Hotel are 34m2.
Standard Rooms at the Sequoia Lodge are 22m2.
Standard Rooms at the Cheyenne are 21m2.
Standard Rooms at the Santa Fé are 21m2.

So they're between the DLH and SL in terms of size. :)

thanks for that info , bigger than i thought , and i guess we wouldnt be in them that long...

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: tubbsy on March 08, 2015, 06:20:06 PM
Blimey! I go away for a few days and it goes a bit crazy on here!
I have 400 and something photos to still sort! (And I didnt think I had taken that many!)

OK-Hollywood Studios-Its maybe.... MAYBE.... a days worth of visits-or two half days as shows over lap.
We couldnt do Indiana and Motors Action the same day when we were there, so saw Motors Action one day and then Indiana another
Backlot has closed
But it was great to see Motors Action in its entirity-something we havent seen since Studios opened in DLP in 2002 (?)
Right! Back to Photobucket! Get these photos sorted!

really looking forward to seeing your pics..x
what were the rooms like at AOA , love the look of them and the whole place looks great..

DisneyRon

right now I also have Indiana Jones' and Motors Action on two separate days, but I'll see if I can't snag a FP on the day for the Motors show, as I have an Indiana Jones' show in the morning, rather than the afternoon. :)