WDW August 2015

Started by tubbsy, February 22, 2015, 06:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Hello All!
Havent been around for a long time-Theres just been too much-and most of it not good-going on in my life, but I'm not here to share that.
What I am going to share are photos and  info from our trip to WDW in August.
It wont be a trip report-too much time has passed for me to remember clearly what happened when.
So look out for the highlights and the low bits and maybe some tips of you are planning to spread your wings away from our beloved DLP
And comparisons will be made between WDW and DLP....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyRon

Looking forward to it, I'll be heading to WDW in a little over 2 months. :) Any extra info is most welcome.

tubbsy

OOH! Maybe I could be your personal guide :)
No? OK
Well, we stayed on site at the Art of Animation-so if you're on site or off site-I hope these tips will help
I will add photos later!

Hope you've booked your restaurants already! And one of them was "Be Our Guest" - hard ot get reservations for, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it One restuarant I regret not booking-California Grill

Fast pass plus-Its marmite! We loved it-I know lots of people hate it - We made our reservations for later in the day as you can get on most rides within a decent time. Use your fastpasses for later on, when the parks fill up.

When you have booked your fastpasses take a note of them or take a screen shot of them-WIFI is PANTS!

Check out Garden Grocer website!
We ordered a load of groeries to be delivered to Art of Animation the night we arrived-It was FANTASTIC!

Car hire! When you ladn you will be exhausted- You then have to find your way to car hire-They know you are tired- So-The cheeky so and sos will convince you that your luggage will not fit in the car you have ordered. They tried to get my husband and get him to pay $700 more for an upgrade! I told them that I would put the luggage in the car with him and get a taxi to the hotel as the car would only be used for us to travel around in for short periods of time. Low and behold-when we got downstairs, we had to be upgraded free of charge to a people carrier cos they didnt have any of our cars anyway!

Clearwater! A great day away from the parks! Beautiful beaches and a chance to see dolphins in the wild.....

Sorry! I promise there will be pictures! But just thought I would pop these on whilst I am thinking of them....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyRon

A personal guide would be lovely, and I am travelling alone. ;)
But it's probably best not too, especially on such short notice. ;D

I'll be staying at Port Orleans : French Quarter

Restaurants are all booked, including dinner at among others: Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, California Grill, Jiko - Flavors of Africa, Akershus and a fair few more (I'm on the Deluxe Dining Plan, and I intend to use it as best I can).

Fast Passes I should be able to book starting March 3rd. :)

As for travelling from the Airport to the hotel, arranged for a transfer for that. No shady car rental places to visit. :D

I have no plans for trips outside the Disney grounds on my first visit, though who knows what might happen. :)

norhel

Quote from: DisneyRon on February 22, 2015, 10:53:03 PM

Restaurants are all booked, including dinner at among others: Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, California Grill, Jiko - Flavors of Africa, Akershus and a fair few more (I'm on the Deluxe Dining Plan, and I intend to use it as best I can).

As for travelling from the Airport to the hotel, arranged for a transfer for that. No shady car rental places to visit. :D

I have no plans for trips outside the Disney grounds on my first visit, though who knows what might happen. :)

Are you going to take Disneys Magical Express or something else?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

Quote from: norhel on February 23, 2015, 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: DisneyRon on February 22, 2015, 10:53:03 PM

Are you going to take Disneys Magical Express or something else?

Something else, or more accurately, my travel agency did. They booked a mini-bus transfer, so it's for a small group of people. I don't have all the details, they arranged for it.
The Magical Express bus was an option, but this is probably quieter. Which, after a 9 hour flight, should be most welcome.

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: tubbsy on February 22, 2015, 06:17:37 PM
Hello All!
Havent been around for a long time-Theres just been too much-and most of it not good-going on in my life, but I'm not here to share that.
What I am going to share are photos and  info from our trip to WDW in August.
It wont be a trip report-too much time has passed for me to remember clearly what happened when.
So look out for the highlights and the low bits and maybe some tips of you are planning to spread your wings away from our beloved DLP
And comparisons will be made between WDW and DLP....

hi tubbsy
sorry to here things are not going good :(
hope things improve for you
really looking forward to your pictures and tips
still hoping to go next year , not certain but fingers crossed, so your comparisons should come in handy
take care.. :)

Dollie2004

Hello! I will be visiting WDW for the 8th time with my partner and two children! I've stayed at port Orleans :) any help just ask!

Ps make sure you go to the boardwalk! Love it round there!

Oh and to the yaht and beach club "beaches and cream" parlour for a kitchen sink filled with ice cream! Lol xx

DisneyRon

I like my ice cream, but a kitchen sink full... :o
That is a bit much for someone travelling by himself. ;)

I'll keep taking a walk along the boardwalk in mind though, it's not that far from Epcot, so I could possibly visit it when I'm at that park. :)

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: Dollie2004 on February 27, 2015, 06:21:03 PM
Hello! I will be visiting WDW for the 8th time with my partner and two children! I've stayed at port Orleans :) any help just ask!

Ps make sure you go to the boardwalk! Love it round there!

Oh and to the yaht and beach club "beaches and cream" parlour for a kitchen sink filled with ice cream! Lol xx
we are looking at port orleans ,  fq as haveheard it is simmilar in size to dlp resorts ??? , what do you think??

Dollie2004

It's lierslly next door to Epcot! There's a delicious bakery and some great magicians/comedy acts! We spent some evenings there!! When do you go? We are going 29/05 staying at Coronado springs!

POR is a very large resort but not the largest. The rooms are cosy for a family of four. There are usually two double beds and a drop down bed under the to. The toilet and shower are separate from the room, the sink area is large and separated behind a curtain. I think all the moderate resorts have the same lay out? Caribbean beach was the same last year!

I can't commemt if it's the same as DLP as its my first time to DLP on tues! Xx

DisneyRon

Quote from: Dollie2004 on February 27, 2015, 08:06:40 PM
It's lierslly next door to Epcot! There's a delicious bakery and some great magicians/comedy acts! We spent some evenings there!! When do you go? We are going 29/05 staying at Coronado springs!

I'll be flying out on May 2nd, and staying until May 13th.
I'll try and pay it a visit, but there's soo much to see, I'm fairly sure I'll be somewhat overwhelmed at first.

Dollie2004

Yes indeed there is!! You will have the most amazing time!!! Xx

DisneyRon

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 02, 2015, 10:25:37 PM

we are looking at port orleans ,  fq as haveheard it is simmilar in size to dlp resorts ??? , what do you think??

French Quarter is the smallest resort at WDW, and has very good connections to the parks.
It only shares it's bus lines with Riverside, and most parks are not that far off.
That's one of the reasons I picked it to be honest, as well as a nice price-tag. ;)

The only downside is that it is a little less well stocked on the amenities side, as it has no table service restaurant of its own, though Riverside is only a 5-10 minutes walk away. It only has 1 Quick Service restaurant as well.

In terms of surface area, it may well be similar in size to the DLP resorts, but I haven't visited yet, though I wouldn't mind reporting back when I go there in May. :)

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: DisneyRon on February 28, 2015, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on February 27, 2015, 06:39:20 PM
Quote from: Dollie2004 on February 27, 2015, 06:21:03 PM

French Quarter is the smallest resort at WDW, and has very good connections to the parks.
It only shares it's bus lines with Riverside, and most parks are not that far off.
That's one of the reasons I picked it to be honest, as well as a nice price-tag. ;)

The only downside is that it is a little less well stocked on the amenities side, as it has no table service restaurant of its own, though Riverside is only a 5-10 minutes walk away. It only has 1 Quick Service restaurant as well.

In terms of surface area, it may well be similar in size to the DLP resorts, but I haven't visited yet, though I wouldn't mind reporting back when I go there in May. :)

Hi DisneyRon
That would be fantastic if you could...
not long to go now for you , oohh im so jealous  ;D
will you be doing a full trip report..??