Help! Booked through website, had a phone call from a Florida number

Started by jeakat24, January 29, 2015, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Hi all,

Booked through the Disneyland Paris website and we're due to travel on Monday. My phone rang just now and it showed it was a number from Florida, USA, so I didn't answer it. My mother in law (who is travelling with us but under her own booking) just messaged me saying she's just had a message from the same people saying they're trying to contact us about our disneyland booking.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before. We're both very confused and obviously reluctant to phone the number back!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

daddyof2

Sounds very peculiar, phone the normal DLP number and explain the problem. If there is anything going on with your booking, they should know. It could be some dodgy scam, so be mindful about giving any personal details out (I'm sure you're not so silly)

jeakat24

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 29, 2015, 08:28:00 PM
Sounds very peculiar, phone the normal DLP number and explain the problem. If there is anything going on with your booking, they should know. It could be some dodgy scam, so be mindful about giving any personal details out (I'm sure you're not so silly)

Thank you. Do you know what the normal number is by any chance? And is it local rate?

I've listened to the message they sent me now and they have our booking details (our arrival date at least) . I'm really worried now as they said it was urgent  :-\
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

jeakat24

Husband has just looked up the number and it checks out as genuine so he's just phoning them back at the moment. He's on hold upstairs and I can hear the Magic Everywhere music. I'm so nervous that they might be phoning with bad news. We have absolutely no idea what it's about  :-\
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

buzzkaye

i book through these .its when you ask to ring isn't it , the prices are good ,we have booked another xmas trip through them.x

dejmurph1

I don't  think this is anything to worried about. Often, depending on the time of day bookinga and calls are handled by the Disney call centre in the US. I have often phoned to make a booking with a shareholder discount and end up getting someone in a call centre in the US.

jeakat24

Quote from: dejmurph1 on January 29, 2015, 10:45:51 PM
I don't  think this is anything to worried about. Often, depending on the time of day bookinga and calls are handled by the Disney call centre in the US. I have often phoned to make a booking with a shareholder discount and end up getting someone in a call centre in the US.

Thanks. It is genuine we've discovered but my husband has to phone back tomorrow (was on hold too long so hung up earlier) so I'm all nervous as to what it's about. They said it's urgent and were travelling on Monday!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

mat

We had the same phone call today, we are also arriving on Monday and booked via the website, we where to stay in Hotel New York. Apparently, the hotel is overbooked and we have been moved to a different hotel.

Hope that saves you worrying until tomorrow.

M

jeakat24

Quote from: mat on January 29, 2015, 10:58:40 PM
We had the same phone call today, we are also arriving on Monday and booked via the website, we where to stay in Hotel New York. Apparently, the hotel is overbooked and we have been moved to a different hotel.

Hope that saves you worrying until tomorrow.

M

Oh wow, I wish I'd read this last night! My husband phoned this morning and it was exactly the same thing, they'd overbooked the New York. Thank you so much for sharing, it would have saved a lot of worry if I'd seen it!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

daddyof2

buzzkaye

while we were there is dec, they had overbooked hotel ny ,they upgraded quite a few people to disneyland hotel.x

jeakat24

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 30, 2015, 02:23:24 PM
Fingers crossed you get a free upgrade
Quote from: buzzkaye on January 30, 2015, 02:37:45 PM
while we were there is dec, they had overbooked hotel ny ,they upgraded quite a few people to disneyland hotel.x

That's exactly what they've done! I'm like this  ;D right now! We've never stayed in the DLH before as it's just not something we can afford at all! So made up!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

msRavenswood

Quote from: jeakat24 on January 30, 2015, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: daddyof2 on January 30, 2015, 02:23:24 PM
Fingers crossed you get a free upgrade
Quote from: buzzkaye on January 30, 2015, 02:37:45 PM

That's exactly what they've done! I'm like this  ;D right now! We've never stayed in the DLH before as it's just not something we can afford at all! So made up!

Yay! So happy for you!  ;D

daddyof2

michellemumof2xx

First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!