28th October - 31st October

Started by PAT_MAGIC, November 01, 2004, 02:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAT_MAGIC

I really feel that this is going to be very boring cos this is the first report i have ever done but here i go anyway.

Went on the 28th October and went at 6:05am GMT via the coach to the magic.  This day was dead boring but dead exciting.  We went by coach and it took us 16 hours to get to the hotel we were staying at that was about 45 mins away from DLRP.  Then one great thing about this day was that i got to go on the fun ferry again for the millonth time lol :D .  So really nothing much happened on this day and got to the hotel Kyriad Every Corbeil which is run by the same company as the Kyriad in the resort.  We got there at about 10:30pm.  So really i was just tired and went to bed.  
The next day had to get up at 7am and got breakfast and went to get the coach at 9am the bus driver wanted a lie in in my view cos he said it opened at 10am the parks, Yeah right maybe the week before.  It was a great day.  I went into the park and was amazed by the great and wonderful Halloween decorations and am now a very big fan of the Pumpkinmen.  They were just so great cos i went over to one to try and get an autograph, but instead ended up dancing with him.  This was really great fun and nice to see that the cm's are really good with interacting with people. :)   So after that just had a slow walk down main street and taking loadfs of photos which can be seen on my site.  Then went to Discoveryland as i do everytime i am in the Disneyland Park for the first land and went on SM, this was great and i don't want them now to get rid of the Storyline.  Also i noticed and was puzzelled at if Le Visionarium was shut down why is the Sign still rotating and the poster still up.  this is probably i suppose Disney being stupid again.  Also noticed that it said in the park map closed for the season, more like closed forever would have been better wording.  Then decided to go over to Frontierland and caught on the way part of Trick or Treaating on Central Plaza.  This was quite good that they did a lot for halloween.  So we then went to Frontierland and saw the Pumpkinwomen clog dancers which was quite funny.  After we went for something to eat at the cowboy's cookoff.  Then went to Adventurland to do POTC which had a long queue which was about 45 mins waiting time but we waited anyway.  I never even realised how much queue line there is inside i nearly thought that we had got lost,  :lol: .  So then we went over tro Fantasyland and i saw that the Belles village is already mostly put up it looks great and we decided that the Mad Hatters tea cups were a good idea, my mum would soon regret it when me and my little sister went and spun it dead fast she felt sick.  So after it my little sister decided to go and get some Tomato Soup in other words my mum wanted a seat that didn't rotate, so they sat on a wall, i decided that i wanted to do something else so i decided to go and start my pin trading collection.  I got the limited edition Halloween starter pack with malificent and Wicked Queen pins.  Also i bought the SM pin.  which i love and can now say that i am now hooked on collecting pins.  And this is all becuase of Baloo i blame him completely for making such a good site about them.  Then we just decided to look in a couple of shops and boy talk about christmas they are really already obsessed with it.  I then went and bought a Disneyland Parc flease type thing.  Then went to see The pumpkinmen painting windows that was funny.  I went and waited 30 mins for the parade after tat and of course it started 10 minutes late as usual.  After we went to look round another couple of shops and then went on SM again.  Then went watched the grave diggers on the spider web stage and they really were weired.  We then went for tea at Casey's Corner i had menu casey's.  It was quite nice and the service was excellent.  We then went for a final ride for the day on SM, that is 3 times in 1 day on my record that is hardly any times.  I then went to look around at the decorations yet again and then went to BTM and really enjoyed it and then went out of the park at 8pm.
The next day i went for 9am for once.  I did the studios Disneyland Park and the village all in one day.  I decided to go into the Studios first in the day and went to get Pluto's autograph and finally got it and he decided to hide my pen in his hand and so had to decide which hand it was in.  I went to the studio tram tour first and it was great to go back on i have to say that i like it.  I then decided that i would go on Rock n Rollercoaster which i love.  The great lights but i didn't see any smoke which was a bit dissopointing.  Then i decded that it was 11am and so i went to meet Raptor and Flor to give them the dolls i got and then i got the Walt Disney Treasures DVD that is not available in the UK, it was really great to actualy meet up with other disney enthusiasts.  I then went to the backlot Catering to get some lunch and then did the main shop in the Studio 1 where i got 2 more pins, the Walt Disney Studios Paris and Disneyland Park one.  These are 2 great pins.  I then went to go on Aladdin's carpets and then went on Cinemagique.  I then decided that i wanted to do Art of Disney Animation so went on that and i love that aswell.  So after all this i went for a good view of the Cinema Parade which is really great.  I love this parade even after seeing it once before it is so good apart from the whole favt of how close together the floats are it is like one on top of another and i think they should be spaced out a bit more.  Then we went into the Disneyland Park and we went on the EDLRR which i love cos it is just the best railway i have been on to do with steam and i like railways so that is a reason.  I then went to yet again SM and had another go on it.  Then came and watched the Villains parade again.  And then went to the village to Annette's diner for tea and then went to the disney store there and bought the cd's of Halloween - lo - ween and Chante C'est noel.  Then went back into the Disneyland Park and went yet againon SM and then came off it and walked around a bit in the castle and then came down to Town Square to get Malificent's autograph she was great.  She was English too which made it very funny when she realised i was cos she screamed at me a lot.  So after i got my autograph signed i was sitting on a bench and i laughed when she walked past and stared at me for about 5 minutes it was quite creepy.  She then said so then what r u still doing here u should have gone if u were going to go.  It was just one of the greatest things to happen she was dead funny.
The next day really i just got up and went on the coach back home for another 16 hour journey so fun.  This was completely the best trip i have ever had to DLRP. :D

Anthony

Thanks for the trip report, I always love reading em. :wink:

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Then one great thing about this day was that i got to go on the fun ferry again for the millonth time lol :D .

I take it you're being sarcastic?  IMO the ferry from Dover (which is the way i'm guessing you went) is one of the dullest journeys ever!  Eurotunnel on the other hand is great fun, except when your ears start popping as you go downhill.  :?

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Then went to Adventurland to do POTC which had a long queue which was about 45 mins waiting time but we waited anyway.  I never even realised how much queue line there is inside i nearly thought that we had got lost,  :lol: .

A 45-minute queue for Pirates? Whoa! I've never seen it that long before!  I don't think I've ever queued over 15-minutes infact, and even when it's "that long" I still marvelled at the huge capacity and quick boarding.  Yeah, I get excited at strange things...

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I got the limited edition Halloween starter pack with malificent and Wicked Queen pins.  Also i bought the SM pin.  which i love and can now say that i am now hooked on collecting pins.  And this is all becuase of Baloo i blame him completely for making such a good site about them.

Hey!  Don't blame me!  Blame the stupid people designing the pins!  The pin designs have got so much better over the last year so, uhm, it wasn't me!  :lol:  :?

experiment627

Hey Pat, wonderful report!

And 45 minutes at Pirates?!?!?!?!?  :shock:

Haven't seen that in years (but then again: I avoid going to Disney during high season...)

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah i sadly however can only get in the high season if i go cos i go to college and am not allowed to miss parts of the year.  Also i get EMA and if i miss a week i miss getting that weeks £30 for going to college.  
Also yes Baloo it is annoying going by coach and the ferry is so annoying cos it is so boring plus on the way there it kept going up and down and i felt so sick on it i also ate chinease food thankfully never thru up.  Also if it wasn't to ur website i would not see how great the pins are so thenks. :D   Also next time after my day trip just after xmas i hope to go by Eurostar to DLRP, i hope we can afford it by next October. :D

experiment627

Just out of curiosity: did you go by a tour operator? Or was it a group travel? ...

PAT_MAGIC

It was a Tour Operator that is based here in the North East of England they are called Delta Coach Holidays.

Kristof

On sunday, most of the queing lines where 1 hour and more.  The most popular attractions like BTM and Space Mountain went up to 140 minutes or more.

Even Indiana Jones had a line of 75 minutes in the evening!!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

PAT_MAGIC

WOW now that is a big queue time the most i had to queue last Saturday for SM was only 35mins, the same for BTM but on Friday cos i didn't go on it on Saturday, but these are miminal compared to those times. :D

experiment627

As I said before: guest #70.000 passed through the turnstile at 10 o'clock in the morning last sunday - meaning that throughout the day, both Disney parks were completely full and didn't allow any other guests to enter