1. - 5. November

Started by fortherone, November 07, 2004, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortherone

7 hours in the car on monday, 1st. But nearly no vans on the highways. Around 5 pm we arrived at our campanile - hotel Bussy-St.Georges which was a good choice - quite near, quiet (I usually have oropax with me and use them)  and clean. So close to the park my son and I decided not to waste much time, so we left the luggage in our room and went to DLRP (my wife does not share our enthusiasm for this sort of holidays and remained at home so that no one worried about the chaos in the room... ). Big thunder mountain, pirates, phantom manor and some pin-shopping - I was surprised to see the halloween-lanyard in every shop - , dinner at Annette's and pin-trading, not to forget the 7 hours in the car - at 10 pm we were back and finally found all the things we needed to spend the first night in the hotel. Well, I don't want to bore you, 'cos we did more or less the same every day and enjoyed it. Just let me mention that to me it seemed that the CM at this time were extraordinarily friendly (they usually are friendly, but this time they were even more than that). especially Charlie at big thunder (if you read this... I miss your smile... see you soon!). And we enjoyed our meals at "La Crie" in the commercial center nearby (Sealife) - if you like seafood, don't miss it!!!
As my son is already 12 years old, mercredisney was tooo childish for him, but I could convince him to buy the lanyard plus pin and the fireworks on thursday... I didn't see much of them (but heared them...) as the village-shops were empty and we could do a lot of pin-trading again. All in all we bought 7 or 8 stitch and tink-lanyards for 9 euros each to have enough pins for trade, not to forget the +/- 30 ones we've had with us.
The way back on friday: Honestly, I'd pay for german highways too, if they were as empty as the french ones! Perhaps there will be a change when toll-collect comes... or will come... if it comes & works...
This was our last trip this year, but probably in february we'll be back for some days. In the "fotos"-thread you'll find a link to a few pics.
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use

experiment627

Hey fortherone,

thanks for the report! (And glad to see you posting again, too!)

Anyway... if you thought that CM at BTM was that great, drop DLP a line and tell them so. Cast Members always appreciate it, when they are appreciated.  :)

And yeah, I also love French motorways... But then again, it's kinda hard driving at 130 km / h max when the roads are that empty.  :wink:

fortherone

Hi,

I have sent an email to DLRP immediately after having come back! I hope that Charlie will profit from that in an way. And: Why driving 130? 140 is o.k. and (in the average) much faster than the german stop-and-go... yes, I could drive 180, 190 for a few kilometers in germany, but then I had to slow down to 110 or so... and you have to be much more concentrated!
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use

experiment627

Oh, I usually don't drive fast - but on the French motorways I'm not forced to slow down every five minutes because of a truck having to overtake another truck... so it's just that I kind of "forget" to take a look at how fast I'm driving in France.  

Instead of concentrating on the traffic, in France you have to concentrate on your speed  :wink:

Anyway, I think Charlie will benefit from this e-mail. Disney can be quite generous to CMs who got a recommondation...