Je suis Charlie

Started by Slimy yet satisfying, January 09, 2015, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimy yet satisfying

Just arrived home this morning having had a wonderful holiday.

However we were aware of what was happening in the locality.

Yes this did impact upon the last few days.

Heavy police presence around park gates and rail station. Disney security checking all rides on wed and thurs am

all rides emptied and shut at 11.50am in time for park wide announced 1 min silence.

Thurs late pm private transfer to CDG police vans at every roundabout and slip road onto a2 motorway with stop spike
strips aimed at the road...very scary.

Cdg ...almost to your pants to go through security causing flight delays.

Dreadful end to a happy holiday...Oh and our whole fence blew down at 3am too.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

jeakat24

It must have been quite scary for you all  :(

We were in Disney during the London bombings and it was a very strange time. We were travelling home the next day and the Eurostar security was really tight, including sending people through in batches for us to put down our cases and for each one to be sniffed by sniffer dogs. We obviously didn't mind though. But then we were away from it all, only catching up on bbc world service in the hotel, so it didn't feel real until we got home, but to see that many police and security on the way to the airport can't have been nice. But I suppose it's reassuring that there was such a presence in light of what happened.

And just typical about the fence!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

vampira

Wow, that must have been a scary experience. Glad you got home safe and nothing really happened at Disneyland, but still...  :-\
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Esti

The station has always had soldiers around, like many other train and metro stations. There were just a few more police officers.
I was in Paris on Wednesday, but went to DLP from Thursday to Saturday. Honestly, I felt safer in DLP than in Paris, but I've always felt Paris is pretty insecure, so... Also, Thursday's shooting was in my neighbourhood, so I was glad to leave the city.