Big Thunder Mountain 2016 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, January 09, 2015, 01:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on November 02, 2015, 04:41:40 PM
How will they make the link between BTM & The Ravenswood Family more clear??  ???

They would supposedly incorporate the portrait of Henry Ravenswood somewhere in the queue. I'm not sure though if they will eventually add it or if it was just a rumour.

Remco K.

As reported by @DisneylandBerry on Twitter, lots of fences have been placed around Big Thunder Mountain. But how do you fence off a such a huge beast? ;)

Rocketeer

I guess the walls are land appropriate theme wise, but my goodness that's a heckuva lot of land walled off. And it looks like that'll be a headache to get around when its busy.

I wonder if this would have an effect on the RPM for the Manor?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

aj2703

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 29, 2015, 09:54:05 PM
Fingers Crossed for single rider - since on most of my trips I am a single rider and queuing 50 minutes alone isn't much fun.

I find that to be incredibly sad :-(

TappyFish

Whilst on our recent Disney trip, I read Remco's post about the fences. On our second day we ventured into Frontierland with hopes of sneaking a peak at the drained lake around BTM. However, we found that the only fencing that was up was near PM. We could see BTM and the full lake clearly. We could hear and see empty trains running on BTM but knew that it was closed. I decided not to grab any photos and return to get them the next day.

Alas, when we returned the following day, the fences had been put up all round BTM impeding our view completely. The best way to view this area now is from the queuing area at PM.

Thaliel

Quote from: TappyFish on November 15, 2015, 02:31:14 AM
Whilst on our recent Disney trip, I read Remco's post about the fences. On our second day we ventured into Frontierland with hopes of sneaking a peak at the drained lake around BTM. However, we found that the only fencing that was up was near PM. We could see BTM and the full lake clearly. We could hear and see empty trains running on BTM but knew that it was closed. I decided not to grab any photos and return to get them the next day.

Alas, when we returned the following day, the fences had been put up all round BTM impeding our view completely. The best way to view this area now is from the queuing area at PM.

empty trains huh? Wouldn't that wear out the material too much? ...Or maybe, just maybe, it's the ghosts from PM riding BTM while they have the chance ;D
<-Plz click

twentythingamabobs

Hi all, am in the park now and my friend just text me that Big thunder mountain was running last night - can anyone back this up as seems a fib to me!

NCC1701Q

I'd love to know as I will be going tomorrow!

stifle

It was probably running empty/test runs.

twentythingamabobs

Friend is saying there were people on it - what's the nicest way to call someone a big fat fibber  ::)

Martyn

Why on earth would they be running it now?!

twentythingamabobs

Exactly, starting to think she has mixed up her mountains  ;D

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on December 20, 2015, 08:41:07 PM
Friend is saying there were people on it - what's the nicest way to call someone a big fat fibber  ::)

UH....Imagineers? Workmen? People testing to see what track sections need replaced? I dunno, although all that could be done with test dummies so who knows.

Martyn

I sincerely hope that the rumours of removing the locomotive are false. It will lose a lot of it's charm having just a generic roller coaster train.

sunshine1

Took this two days ago whilst in line for Haunted Mansion. (Yes i know it is called Phantom Manor but it will be always HM to me!)
Weird seeing the water drained. For some reason i thought it would have been deeper.