Guys meeting Princesses

Started by Disney Matt, January 05, 2015, 10:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hey everyone.

Hope there's not already a post like this.

But I was just wondering whether any of you find it weird that i really wanna meet the Princesses as a 24 yr old male?

Opinions please  :) :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

polar vixen

mmm, last time we were there I was trying to get my kids, (a girl and 4 boys) to go see snow white, and my husband decreed that they couldn't because she wasn't a pretty enough version.  (He wasn't in a good mood, please don';t anyone have a go at me for relaying what he said), however he had no problems kissing Minnie on the cheek, standing beside elsa in family photos (he looked incredibly happy about that), or getting involved and joking with our 9 yr old, who's just startingto think girls are pretty, my saying why shouldn't he like Tinkerbell, she's hot!  And after the amount of  teenage girls/young adults that were queuing for Belle and Gaston only to get to the front of the queue, almost completely ignore belle, but throw their arms around Gaston while Belle stands at the side, I don't think it's weird at all

Disney Matt

Thanks for your comment :)
What do you think would be the best way to meet them?

Princess Pavillion? Or the pricey Auberge De Cendrillon?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

twentythingamabobs

I don't think it's weird at all, they're all really, really lovely!! Although while we stood waiting for Snow White at the Wishing Well, some lads walking behind us said that she was too fat to be Snow White - I was furious, she was tiny!! I think she had a padded jacket on as it was freezing but her waist was teensy!! Idiots, I hope they didnt spoil the illusion for the kids around her  >:(

I've never been to the Auberge but can say whenever we've met Princesses at the Pavillion they spend a lot of time with each person who goes in to see them, the photographer is happy to wait while you have a chat first. There are normally 2 Princesses in there - we've always been asked at the front of the queue if we've met any Princesses before and if so which ones so they can try and put you with one you haven't seen before so if there is one you aren't too bothered about meeting say you've already met her just in case she is one of the choices  ;)

Disney Matt

Thank you for the help :)
I take it theres different rooms then within the Pavillion? Guess its obvious i've never been in before lol

DisneyBart

If you want to meet a princess you should do it, don't think about what other will think of it, just enjoy the moment ;-)

In the Pavillion are two princesses, you can only see one and it's always a surprice who it will be ;-) (Untill tomorrow you can meet Anna and Elsa together but their meet and greet will stop for now).

Auberge is expensive but worth the money. The food is good and you'll have the chance to meet 3 princesses, a prince and Suzy and Perla.

Disney Matt

Auberge looked lovely. I just thought I might feel out of place with families with little girls.

daddyof2

Mathierson, I assume you're not going alone? Personally, I would meet any character with my kids and probably would with just my wife. If I was alone, I'd probably not be so keen. The queues for the princess pavilion can be horrendous though - my wife and daughter only met Rapunzel at Caseys Corner

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 06, 2015, 02:27:25 PM
Auberge looked lovely. I just thought I might feel out of place with families with little girls.

There were no really weird looks when I was there by myself (as a 33 year old male) among all the little princesses on the tables around me. I got a big hug from Suzy and Perla all the same, and Cinderella was more than happy to have her picture taken with me and her prince.

Disney Matt

I'm not going alone. Going with another male.

stormflm595

Not at all! If meeting princesses is what you want to do, then you should go ahead and do it. They're lovely and will meet and greet everyone who comes to see them, no matter age or gender.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Matt

dazzle_v2003

On my last trip me and my friend went to meet a princess. Me being a 24 year old male I was treated to the exact same experience as everyone else and had a really good enjoyable time. I met Cinderella and she was great. Nice picture too.

It's gave me more confidence to do it again. My dream is to get a picture with Belle my favourite princess but alas when I go she is never around too busy reading books in the Library i'm sure. :p

Disney Matt

This is reassuring as i'm 24 myself (although not for much longer...25 in a month!)