Contrats de professionnalisation phone interview- What to expect?

Started by Halosunshine, December 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halosunshine

Hello.

I hope someone on here can help me with this.

I was at one of the London casting sessions in November and got through but was awaiting a contract. Disney have contacted me today to say they would like me on one of their study and work contracts but I need to complete a 10 minute phone interview to test my French. I am really very nervous about this and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of things they ask or if there are any blogs or info they've seen online that may help.

If you could help me out with this I would be very grateful!!!

Halosunshine

Just an update...

The 10 minute call was a general conversation in French and questions asked included. Where do you live? Whats your nearest big City? What do you visit in the city? (Specific emphasis on monuments), Have you visited DLP? If so what did you enjoy? (Rides, Shows etc) What did you prefer in France? What kid of films do you enjoy? And what was the last film you saw and what did you think of it? They can repeat the questions in English if you don't understand it but you MUST answer in French. I had the phone interview on 23rd December and find out mid January if I got through to the study contract so i'm in the nervous waiting period.

If anyone else has this kind of interview I hope this helps you.

Ceh

You can study and work at DLP? Care to elaborate? Also thank you for answering your own question. Really helpfull for people like me who also wondered what it would be like, thanks!

rfs95

Have you heard anything back? I'm still waiting to hear back about the contract offer, the suspense is driving me crazy haha!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Ceh on January 10, 2015, 11:29:21 AM
You can study and work at DLP? Care to elaborate? Also thank you for answering your own question. Really helpfull for people like me who also wondered what it would be like, thanks!

Yes you can! It's called a Professional Working Contract.
It's about 75% training in the job and 25% studies in the French language.
You also get a certificate at the end of your contract.
I actually applied for that myself, and I got invited to the recruitment session in Amsterdam on March 23rd.
The Professional Training Contract that I applied for is for ticketing and theme park host(ess).
This one is for a year. They also offer a PTC for hotel receptionist and quick service staff during this specific day. And that contract is for six months.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Halosunshine

Hi guys.

Just an update. I've been offered a contract!!! As a DLRPWonders said it is roughly a 75%/25% split and depending on your job role you either do 4 full days work (7 hour shifts I believe) and a day studying or 3 full days work and two days which are half work half study. In total you work 35 hours per week.

It is proper classroom training and you have a list of things to take with you. There are 4 positions you can be offered the length of the contract depends on which position you are offered.

Merchandise and Counter service positions are both 6 month contracts

Reception and ticketing positions are 12 month contracts.

I have been offered a counter service position based on my work history.

Any more details are on the Disneyland Paris casting website (disneylandparis-casting.com) under the Our contracts section. Hope this helps guys.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Wow congratulations! When are you supposed to start?
Let's hope I can join you soon!
May I ask how good your knowlegde of the French language is? I'm so nervous on that part!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Halosunshine

Hey.

My start date is the 24th March but I have to get there on the 23rd to sign my contract and sort out accommodation.

My French is basic. I am nervous about it!!! I know enough to get by but am learning using study aids etc I think it was borderline as when they phoned me they did say my French was at a basic level but I do have some knowledge so they were willing to offer me the contract.

My advice is brush up on French as much as you can. Your previous work experience can influence their decision (I think my CV clinched it for me) but speaking French is a must and if your French isn't great you could find yourself in a back of house position where you don't really interact with guests.

If you get an interview at a recruitment session the entire interview part is in French! I totally fell apart at that bit as I hadn't had to use French since I left school I had done a bit of a refresher as I had been told that your French would be tested but my French was nowhere near good enough at that point in time. And it was after the interview that the interviewer asked me if I would consider either a back of house position in one of the kitchens or this style of contract and I said yes and here we are.   

Wishing you the best of luck if you apply and if you have twitter I'd advise following @Disney_ParisEN as thats where I first saw the tweet about the recruitment sessions.

DLPWonders (Banned)

I'm already going to a recruitment session actually!
I applied for the recruitment session in Amsterdam, which will be on March 23rd.
After my application DLP had to check my resume and cover letter, to see if I would be a fit.
And apparently so far I am! Because I got my official invite to come to the recruitment session.

I went to the recruitment session in Brussels once before, in 2011.
But I barely spoke any French back then, so they unfortunately had to say no.
My interview was mostly English actually, and just a small part French.

I was just wondering what the level of French has to be when it comes to a Professional Training Contract.
Since you will get French lessons I was hoping that the level of French wouldn't have to be too high.
I applied for a Professional Training Contract in Ticketing/Theme Park Host(ess).
What you said about the length of the contract can vary though, since the one in Amsterdam is 6 months for reception and not 12.
And there's no Merchandise or Counter Service offered for the one in Amsterdam.
It's 6 months for Reception and Quick Service, and 12 for Ticketing and Theme Park Host(ess).

Thank you for the information though!
I'm currently doing in home studies in French, and my French was already basic before I started.
So I hope that it'll be good enough to be offered a contract!

DisneyfanGermany

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 20, 2015, 03:35:40 PM
The Professional Training Contract that I applied for is [...] theme park host(ess).

just a quick question:
What are the exercises as 'Park and Resort Host' (if this is what you wrote, i am not sure)?

I am searching for an answer for so long...
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

faithtrustpixiedust

Are the theme park hosts the ones in the Red Jackets? Who are the ones that walk around with the characters?
1998 - 2004 - Various Day Trips to DLP
7th - 9th Sept 2014 - Hotel New York
30 Nov - 2nd Dec 2014 - Disneyland Hotel!
19th March 2015 - Solo Day Trip
21st May 2015 - Another Solo Day Trip
24th May 2015 - Day trip with Mum
11th June 2015 - Solo Day Trip
28th July 2015 - Birthday Day Trip with Family!
30th - 31st August - Family Holiday (Off Site)
20th - 21st October - Mini Trip/Audition (Ibis Budget)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: faithtrustpixiedust on January 24, 2015, 03:52:20 AM
Are the theme park hosts the ones in the Red Jackets? Who are the ones that walk around with the characters?

No, the red jackets can mean two things:
* If it's a red jacket with a single yellow stripe on both arms, it means that that person is a Character & Parade Performer themselves.
* If it's a red jacket with a big "i" on the big and a Mickey silhouet around it, it means that they are part of the Guest Flow team.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: DisneyfanGermany on January 24, 2015, 01:33:12 AM
just a quick question:
What are the exercises as 'Park and Resort Host' (if this is what you wrote, i am not sure)?

I am searching for an answer for so long...

Park & Resort Host and Theme Park Host(ess) is the same thing.

This is what it said on the casting application:

Theme Park Hosts & Hostesses
Each and every one of our Hosts and Hostesses plays an essential role in delivering the magic our Guests experience; from arrival at the Park, to purchasing tickets and passing through the turnstiles, then asking for information and jumping on our world-class attractions – there's always someone available to serve our Guests' needs!

These teams are made up of between 80 and 250 Cast Members.  All speak at least two European languages and through their job they contribute fully to the excellent service and to the show that exist in our Parks at Disneyland® Paris.