Disneyland Paris Costume Sizes

Started by JAKKO, January 27, 2015, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAKKO

I have been to multiple Disneyland auditions in London's Pineapple Dance Studios, and every single time I get turned away on the animation round. Feeling confused and curious about this, I decided to contact the casting director to ask his opinion on my auditions. He kindly filled me in on the issues surrounding my audition failures and the reason I am not able to be taken through to the next stage is because there are only a few character roles at my height that have a very specific body type.

Basically, I am around 5"8 (measured at 5"7 at the auditions for some strange reason) and my body build is stocky. So apparently I couldn't fit in to the costumes of the characters I could play. So what I was wondering is whether anybody on this forum knows what those character roles are? Maybe someone who has worked within the character and parade department before may know the answer? Or someone who happens to know a lot about the restrictions.

Many thanks in advance!

faithtrustpixiedust

Characters at around your height range are

Buzz Lightyear, Eeyore, Green Army Man, Owl, Pluto and Rafiki
1998 - 2004 - Various Day Trips to DLP
7th - 9th Sept 2014 - Hotel New York
30 Nov - 2nd Dec 2014 - Disneyland Hotel!
19th March 2015 - Solo Day Trip
21st May 2015 - Another Solo Day Trip
24th May 2015 - Day trip with Mum
11th June 2015 - Solo Day Trip
28th July 2015 - Birthday Day Trip with Family!
30th - 31st August - Family Holiday (Off Site)
20th - 21st October - Mini Trip/Audition (Ibis Budget)

JAKKO

Thanks for that! Well that's the height they measure me but really I am 5"8-9. What characters can I play at those heights?

faithtrustpixiedust

Hey, Hm, for that its still almost the same

Buzz, Eeyore, Green Army Man, Owl, Pluto, Rafiki, Toy Soldiers and the Tweedles, (and maybe Gepetto)
1998 - 2004 - Various Day Trips to DLP
7th - 9th Sept 2014 - Hotel New York
30 Nov - 2nd Dec 2014 - Disneyland Hotel!
19th March 2015 - Solo Day Trip
21st May 2015 - Another Solo Day Trip
24th May 2015 - Day trip with Mum
11th June 2015 - Solo Day Trip
28th July 2015 - Birthday Day Trip with Family!
30th - 31st August - Family Holiday (Off Site)
20th - 21st October - Mini Trip/Audition (Ibis Budget)

JAKKO

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's all a bit the same, you won't really get a different character position until 6"1.

Face = Charming, Eric, Naveen, Aladdin.
Fur = Tweedles, Gepetto, Green Army Man, Tigger,
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

daddyof2

Maybe it's a build issue as opposed to height

JAKKO

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 30, 2015, 09:21:12 AM
It's all a bit the same, you won't really get a different character position until 6"1.

Face = Charming, Eric, Naveen, Aladdin.
Fur = Tweedles, Gepetto, Green Army Man, Tigger,
[/quote

Thanks for that!

JAKKO

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 30, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
Maybe it's a build issue as opposed to height

Yeah well it is a build issue because I have spoken to the casting director about it all and he told me that the characters I can play at my height would not work for me as I would struggle to fit inside the costumes due to me being stocky-build. So I don't know whether losing weight or not would help. If not then I guess that means I will never get through.