Is it necessary to pre-book? And are Chuck Wagon & La Cantina the same buffets?

Started by samuelvictor, November 29, 2014, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

Hi all,

We're thinking of using the Buffet at Chuck Wagon/La Cantina, set menu (not buffet) at Billy Bobs and set menu at Annettes. We've done Billy Bobs without pre-booking before and didn't need to queue, but this was in March...

We'll be there from 18th December through to 5th January (though will only eat out a few times!) and will be two adults, two teens. All our meal times would be hopefully be about 6pm, to avoid the manic rushes when the parks close, Dreams etc.

Q1: Do you think its necessary to pre-book these venues & times? Do you need to pre-book Buffets?

Q2: We're definitely planning on eating out on Christmas Eve and maybe New Years Eve - again at 6pm, is this likely to be more difficult to get a seat than other nights?

Q3: Are the buffets the same foodstuffs at La Cantina (Santa Fe) and Chuck Wagon (Cheyenne)? I assume so, but if one is less "adventurous" it'd be good to know, as our kids aren't too keen on hot/spicy stuff. I know the breakfasts are identical at these two hotels...

Thanks all  ;D

Wedmad

Wow what a trip :o

Q1. I have never made reservations for anything other than salts and the blue lagoon but you can easly make them two months before you go by calling restaurant reservations. Go to dlrp guide at the top of the page, follow it to restaurants and there are menus and advice there

Q2. I would book on both of these dates, some restaurants are closed for private events.

Q3 the chuck a wagon is more bar b q, ribs etc and the cantina is Telmex again look at DLRP guide it will help

Hope you have a great time

Paul

samuelvictor

Thanks for the response Paul :)

Yes it is a long trip (18 days!) though I probably should have added that not all that time will be Disney based, we only have 7 days Park tickets (I say "only" but that's still longer than we've had before, longest stay up until then has been 5 days) the rest of the days will be spent enjoying the pool in our hotel, exploring Paris, Val de Europe and local areas, though we will definitely come back to Disney Village even on days we don't go to the parks, and will watch the fireworks over Lake Disney for New Year. We didn't originally plan to go for so long, but through a series of weird coincidences it ended up cheaper that way... I'll be adding a pre-trip report soon with more details  :D

I think we'll definitely pre-book for Christmas Eve & maybe New Year's eve because it might well be especially busy those days, and as you say, they may even be closed. We can't afford anywhere expensive, but I like the sound of an all you can eat buffet!

Thanks for the advice on Chuck Wagon and La Cantina - I think Bar B Q sounds safer for our kids' pallets rather than Tex-Mex, so we'll stick to Chuck Wagon. From what I've read there's quite a decent selection, and as long as we get there at 6 when it opens it isn't too much of a "free-for-all" as it can get later on  ;)

Thank you for pointing me to the links, I've found the phone number for reservations there, so I'll give them a ring tomorrow or Monday and see what they say  ;D