Evening in Paris

Started by satine15, November 29, 2014, 03:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satine15

Hello Everybody :)

My bestfriend and I will stay at the Hotel Santa Fe from 7th til 9th of January. We thought about going to the Eiffel Tour and have something to eat in Paris for one Evening. Do you have any idea if this is even possible?
I think the RER goes about 30 minutes to Paris, but will we even be abled to get back to our Hotel?
Maybe anyone of you has done this before and has any advice :)

Thank you very much in advance :)
Next Trip: 28th of March---Hotel Santa Fe

caspdex

Entirely possible, the RER runs until midnight. If you want to go up it try and get tickets first.

http://www.toureiffel.paris

carrydee44

were going the exact same time as was thinking about that if possible to squeeze an evening trip to paris in.
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

Susiesuedisney

Do you know how much it is to get from MarneLe Valley to Eiffel tower on the RER? I don't understand French that well and can't work out the website

carrydee44

when u get there, there is a tourist office between train station and village, thats where we got our train tickets last time for marne la vallee but there very helpful and will give you map etc of getting trains to paris...
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

fiyero

Double check the opening details for the Eiffel Tower, I know when I go later in January the top level is closed (I can't remember when the closure starts)

satine15

Thank you all very much! I looked again for the opening hours of the Eiffel Tower, you can´t buy tickets for the top in advance, because they are only open at good weather conditions. But last time I was there the waiting time to buy tickets was about three hours... And I will not wait longer for those tickets than to get on Crushs Coaster  ;D
Does someone know, at what time the last Shuttle goes to Hotel Santa Fe? I´m worried we won´t get back there, because I have no idea how long the walk is and where to go :)
Next Trip: 28th of March---Hotel Santa Fe

samuelvictor

I think the last Shuttle bus from the station to the hotels is usually around 11:45pm...

However if you do miss it the walk to the Santa Fe is easy, you can't really get lost. You go through Disney Village, past the lake, and follow the river up. Santa Fe is on the right hand side of the river, Cheyenne is on the left. Depending on how fast you walk, its between 10 & 20 minutes walk, all nice flat land so easy going.

TBH we often walk rather than use the shuttle as its more relaxed & the shuttle can be busy. Of course it depends on the weather and if you have anyone with difficulties walking long distances, but honestly it doesn't seem far and its quite a nice walk :)

stifle

Quote from: Susiesuedisney on December 02, 2014, 03:05:45 PM
Do you know how much it is to get from MarneLe Valley to Eiffel tower on the RER? I don't understand French that well and can't work out the website
A single ticket on the RER is €7.50. There are no return tickets so it's €15 there and back. If you're planning on doing any other travel at all within Paris that day then instead get a Mobilis ticket (one day unlimited travel in zones 1-5 except airports) for €16.10.