A bit of help!

Started by itsatinksthing, November 28, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsatinksthing

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but hey, maybe some people can help!

I'm heading over to DLP to start work on the 8th of December, nervous but excited! Got some questions!

1 - I have an Irish phone right now, bill pay, but I was wondering if I'm better off getting a French pay-as-you-go sim card for my phone that I have right now? Will that work? What is the best network?

2 - When it comes to seeing films over there, does the Gaumont Multiplex in Disney Village show films in English? I am absolutely dying to see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, haha.

3 - I know all the training is in French, but I was wondering if I don't understand something, is it okay to ask if they can repeat it slower/in English? I want to make sure I do the best job I can, haha.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing!! :D

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: itsatinksthing on November 28, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

1 - I have an Irish phone right now, bill pay, but I was wondering if I'm better off getting a French pay-as-you-go sim card for my phone that I have right now? Will that work? What is the best network?

Congratulations on becoming a cast member :) I have never worked in DLP but I have worked in Germany and the UK so I can only answer your question about the phone. Yes it is 100% better to get a French pay as you go Sim card. You can set up a divert on your Irish phone to your French one, so Irish people who have your Irish number can ring you (but they will be charged international rates) You should get connected to one of the online messaging services like WHATS AP. As long as you have internet signal you can message someone who also has WHATS AP installed for free. Also get SKYPE for video calls.

Moving to a different country for work is very exciting but living in a country which is not your native language can be challenging at times. If this is your first time living in a different country, you will find it very different to living in Ireland. The first few weeks will be exciting as you settle in and the time will go so quick. Be open to new experiences, new cultures, new ways of doing things. Try everything, don't think oh back in Ireland people would never do that or back in Ireland that would never happen. Remember that yes you are in Disney but it is France and things will be different to what you are used to. Don't expect to go to a grocery shop and see the same food as you would in Dunnes ) 

I loved the years I spent living and working in Germany and the UK , it gives you a very different outlook on life and you have  all sorts of experiences and adventures that would never happen if you had just stayed in Ireland :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Rachnrex

Itsatinkthing where are you working?! How long is your contract for? I'm going out on the 18th!

itsatinksthing

Quote from: Rachnrex on November 29, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
Itsatinkthing where are you working?! How long is your contract for? I'm going out on the 18th!

Working as a saleswoman in one of the boutiques apparently!! My contract is for 10 weeks! :D

Rachnrex

Quote from: itsatinksthing on December 01, 2014, 12:12:54 AM
Quote from: Rachnrex on November 29, 2014, 08:23:08 PM

Working as a saleswoman in one of the boutiques apparently!! My contract is for 10 weeks! :D

Ah sweet! Il be out when you are then! Are you ready? Im so nervous now!

Did you send your contract back? Have you done anything about a french bank account?

itsatinksthing

Quote from: Rachnrex on December 01, 2014, 06:43:16 PM

Did you send your contract back? Have you done anything about a french bank account?

Soooo nervous, omg. I'm almost ready, I think! They didn't tell me I had to get a French bank account, just asked for my current bank account stuff. So I guess they just need that for me?

Rachnrex

Ahh you'll be fine I'm sure!!
I have no idea about the bank account but that's why I asked!
I've just sent my contract back hit I got no mention of bank detail!
Did you go on that beforeyourlanding website?

aideen94

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm heading out on the 19th after college exams! I'm working as a waitress but haven't been told where yet! Anyone working there for just a Christmas contract? :)
UCD Psychology student and Disney enthusiast! Beginning first disneyland Paris job this Christmas 2014!