can't decide on hotel

Started by tinbel, November 20, 2014, 11:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinbel

Hi everyone, my first post here and my first time travelling to DLP  ;D
I just cannot decide on a hotel.  We are a couple travelling with a three year old.  We want a swimming pool but are on a budget so are looking at sequoia lodge and newport bay.  we will probably only afford a standard room in either hotel.  Can anyone advise which of the standard rooms in these hotels are best / offer the best facilities etc.  If the standard rooms in sequoia are outside in lodges, does this cause difficulty?  Has the refurb of newport bay been completed yet? Please any help will be greatly appreciated.......

polar vixen

Have you considered davy crockett ranch?  you would need to drive, but both the site and the swimming pool are lovely at all times of year/

littlebitofpixiedust

Unsure of Newport bay refrurb tbh, sequioa is lovely and I've stayed in one of the lodges and it was fine.
We also stayed in a Montana room and both are absoloutly lovely. I will tell you that as far as I'm aware the pools aren't heated at Disney my brother went and said it was freezing so I've never taken my son.
Obviously if your visiting summer time that will be ok but just bare in mind if visiting winter. Both hotels are lovely though, but then again I don't mind the Cheyenne either cheaper but no pool. Have w lovely time!

tinbel

Thanks for the replies. I think i am swaying towards sequoia lodge. I think.....!

HFJohnson

We've stayed at the Sequoia Lodge twice and loved it both times. The lodges are absolutely fine - I actually preferred our room in the lodge amongst the trees to the room we had in the main building. Before you go send them an email requesting a room in Yellowstone or Yosemite as these are the closest lodges to the main building and also the pool building.

I don't think the pool is the warmest but I'm pretty sure it is heated.