Very early meal planning...

Started by daddyof2, November 18, 2014, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

Right, we're not going until October 2015 but I'm thinking about it already (I know I'm not alone, so don't pretend you haven't)
We're staying in the SQL and our munchkins will be 5 and 3 and we'll have the half board meal plan. I'm thinking:
Day 1 - Dinner -  Hunter's Grill
Day 2 - Lunch - Chalet de la Marionette, Dinner -  Silver Spur Steakhouse
Day 3 - Lunch - Café Mickey, Dinner - Café des Cascadeurs
Day 4 - Lunch - Agrabah Café, Dinner - Caseys corner
Day 5 - (Lunch) Hakuna Matata

Our 2 will likely only want one big meal a day, we weren't impressed with Plaza Gardens last time we went, I think the kids are too young for Walt's and Blue Lagoon seems very interesting but too gloomy.
Any thoughts?

Rapunzel1

I do not know all of the restaurants but my experience is that counter restaurants are often closed.

Day 2 - Lunch - Chalet de la Marionette, Dinner -  Silver Spur Steakhouse (the Chalet de la Marionette was closed a few days in March but we chose Colonel Hathi instead - that restaurant is now my four year old's favorite)
Day 3 - Lunch - Café Mickey, Dinner - Café des Cascadeurs (I never saw the Cafe des cascadeurs open ;-( )
Day 4 - Lunch - Agrabah Café, Dinner - Caseys corner
Day 5 - (Lunch) Hakuna Matata (same story, often closed but it is one of our favorites but make sure you have a alternative in case it is closed.

Also nice with young children is the rainforest cafe. It is not part of the meal plan but we think the restaurant is worth it and great for children. Ask for a place close  to a fish tank and your three year old is busy during the whole meal.

daddyof2

Perhaps we were lucky back in June, whilst there were some closed restaurants those that were open included Colonel Hathi's and Hakuna Matata - and we liked both. We did the Rainforest Cafe too and for that reason as well as it not being on plan I've avoided it. In regards to Cafe des cascadeurs, if there are any Studios recommendations for a smaller meal, let me know please :)

stifle

Only thing that jumps out at me is that Café des Cascadeurs is closed most of the time so you may need to flex that to a different day.

Smaller meals in Studios can be had at Restaurant en Coulisse and Blockbuster Café.

Susiesuedisney

When you book, will they not tell you if restaurants will be open or closed?

We too are planning for next year and booked for end of July but never had meal plans before so lots of advice

stifle

Quote from: Susiesuedisney on November 26, 2014, 01:41:19 PM
When you book, will they not tell you if restaurants will be open or closed?

We too are planning for next year and booked for end of July but never had meal plans before so lots of advice

I don't know if they'll tell you as closures are only planned a couple of months in advance but there is a link to closure schedules here on the site :)