Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room

Started by Sam55, September 09, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam55

Hi all

We are booked for May 2015 to take our daughter who will be 2 and a half by then.

We have booked into Newport Bay with lake view as we were told the rooms would have been refurbished by then.....

However we are now torn as to whether to change to Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest room due to the cooked breakfast due to be introduced in November and the extra facilities...

Any advice please? New room in Newport Bay or better facilities possibly in Golden Forest eg fastpass?

We are staying 4 nights and are driving there (Euro tunnel already booked). 1st timers and any advice welcomed

Very excited already and want the Disney magic, but so many different things we've read have confused us totally!

Thanks

Sam  :)

Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest  May 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club December 2015

Sam55

Ps: also not sure what meal plan to get - plus looks the best value I think, but the child one is from 3yrs old....
Is it worth paying for our daughter as she'll be 2.5yrs or just give her something from ours.

Thanks in advance

Sam
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest  May 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club December 2015

danogian

I can't help with your questions as I've never stayed at the Newport Bay and don't know what stage the refurb will be in by then, but as we are booked into the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest for 4 days in June next year, you've piqued my interest when you mentioned that cooked breakfasts are being introduced from November. It's the first I've heard of that, where did you hear about it?

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

gothprincess

Don't get your 2 year old a meal plan mine ate the same food for free when she was that age but I have heared of kids being offered baby food.

gemma2806

I'm slightly biased as the GFC Sequoia is my favourite option! I have looked at the Newport Bay as the new rooms do look lovely but apart from that the extras aren't as good in my opinion as you get in the GFC. It may look like you pay a lot more for this room but the extras you get are invaluable and in the long run save you time and money!

Personally I would go with the GFC at the Sequoia. Plus the newport won't be completely finished by the time you go. The boutique and bars for example will not be available as it stands at the moment.

The GFC are providing a cooked breakfast from November 14th this year as the characters will no be appearing in the hotels.

Myself and partner took our son in 2012 just before his 3rd birthday and he ate from our plates or got free food the whole time we were there. This did work out better though in the buffets overall as you get a plate and get what you want for them for nothing. The table service restaurants vary in quality from a free 3 course meal to a plate or salad or chips so do check before you pick!

Hope this helps  ;D

hawian rollercoaster

What extras do you get at golden forest ?
Whats the opening hours of the golden forest lounge and what do you get in it?
Do you get a daily fastpass?

hawian rollercoaster

Anyone !
I also have one more question do all golden forest rooms have a balcony ?

DisneyRon

From the Official DLP site:

Private reception desk
Free hot drinks, soft drinks and afternoon snacks in the private lounge
American breakfast in the lounge (As of November 2014)
Disney Hotel Fastpass (Golden forest rooms)
Afternoon snacks are from 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM

So you can have breakfast in the lounge if you wish, I assume the drinks are accessible all day, the snacks only coming in later in the day. But I wouldn't know certain, I've never stayed in a Golden Forest Room before. ;)

hawian rollercoaster