The Disney Look

Started by Tacuma123, May 05, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacuma123

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the regulations for Cast Members' appearance at Disneyland Paris.
Different websites give me different information, so I'm wondering if anyone knows what the actual rules are.

One of the main reasons for asking this, is because I would like to work at Disneyland Paris during the summer of 2015.

Thanks in advance!

norhel

Quote from: Tacuma123 on May 05, 2014, 10:40:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a question about the regulations for Cast Members' appearance at Disneyland Paris.
Different websites give me different information, so I'm wondering if anyone knows what the actual rules are.

One of the main reasons for asking this, is because I would like to work at Disneyland Paris during the summer of 2015.

Thanks in advance!

This is for Walt Disney World, but perhaps it might the same for DLP?
http://wdw.disneycareers.com/en/working-here/the-disney-look/
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Emchappie

Hi,

So I've worked at WDW, and this is a post I wrote on my blog to help other people who were unfamilar with the 'Disney Look'

http://whenyourdreamcomestrue.tumblr.com/post/46935957946/the-disney-look

I assume DLP will be the same as WDW
Blog: www.whenyourdreamcomestrue.tumblr.com

Previous Visits:
DLP - 1994
WDW - 1996
DLP - 2002
WDW Pop Century - 2008
WDW - Disney International College Program 2012
WDW - Disney International College Program 2013

Tacuma123

Thanks for your replies but I read somewhere that DLP DOES have a different policy due to differences in the French law.

(I'd want to follow the ICP as well but that's not going to happen in the near future...)

Emchappie

Quote from: Tacuma123 on May 08, 2014, 01:09:53 PM
Thanks for your replies but I read somewhere that DLP DOES have a different policy due to differences in the French law.

(I'd want to follow the ICP as well but that's not going to happen in the near future...)

Oh that's interesting.... I would like to know what the differences are as I only know the WDW from doing the ICP :)

Previous Visits:
DLP - 1994
WDW - 1996
DLP - 2002
WDW Pop Century - 2008

gldc

That's right. French law makes it illegal to ask someone to look a certain way. Therefore there is no 'Disney Look' as it was abolished a few years ago in DLP, but you ARE asked to look professional and presentable.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Tacuma123

Quote from: gldc on May 10, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

That's right. French law makes it illegal to ask someone to look a certain way. Therefore there is no 'Disney Look' as it was abolished a few years ago in DLP, but you ARE asked to look professional and presentable.

Thanks a lot Gio (I've read your blogs  :P ). This is really useful but I'm still not entirely sure if I would qualify because my hair is... quite long to say the least (a little past my shoulders). I think it's best to contact Disneyland Paris on this subject...

Emchappie

Quote from: Tacuma123 on May 11, 2014, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: gldc on May 10, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

Thanks a lot Gio (I've read your blogs  :P ). This is really useful but I'm still not entirely sure if I would qualify because my hair is... quite long to say the least (a little past my shoulders). I think it's best to contact Disneyland Paris on this subject...

Even in the Disney look there were no rules on the length of your hair... My hair is quite long too.... Around the top of my rib cage..... I've never thought of it being an issue... You just make sure it's tied up if necessary :) 

Previous Visits:
DLP - 1994
WDW - 1996
DLP - 2002
WDW Pop Century - 2008

daddyof2

I'm sure long hair isn't going to be a problem. If it looked a mess, was obviously dirty or smelly or something, that would be a problem in any customer service job.

Tacuma123

Oh, I think I should have mentioned that I'm a guy  :P

daddyof2

I sort of assumed with the reference to your hair. Just make sure its clean and can be put in a pony tail and I'm sure it'll be fine. When you go in a few weeks time, see what other cast members hair is like :)

polar vixen

The 'Disney look' guide did say that men's hair should be short back and sides, or not below ears/collar, but maybe this doesn't apply in France? 

gldc

I think short hair is one of the few bits of the disney look that is definitely enforced among men in France in my experience.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

sjsmith1992

During my interview I was told that you had to be clean shaven and natural hair colour and short hair for guys and jewellery is quite strict like only one ring and stud earings and no tatoos and piercings on show either or have to be covered if they are. I only did my interview in november and am starting on tuesday so its pretty up to date info :S ...hope it works out :D

ecoutetoncoeur

I have a little tattoo on my left forearm. Do you know if it can be a problem to work as parade performer or character?
I think that my tattoo can be covered by the costume...but I don't know :/
For other types of work, they told me that the tattoo can be covered by the costume or make-up etc...it's not a problem :)

22/24.10.14 - DLP; 22/26.11.15 - DLP