Princess Pavillion

Started by ianbrownie, November 04, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IntoTheWoods

Capacity for the Princess Pavillion has always been a problem and if you can't expand it I think it always will be unless you flood the park with princesses (and then everyone will complain about the long queues there).
I don't think you can stop people from queueing because they now its do or die. If you rope off the area they will queue infront of the rope. And if the Capacity is met within the EMH and queues get to long they have to close the queue or start giving out tickets. Otherwise you queue for nothing all day.
Where nothing's clear.
Where witches, ghosts and wolves appear

Fluffymilly

I guess they knew that they already had too many people queuing for the day so they might as well give out the tickets early but it is a massive problem :-\

IntoTheWoods

Watched the queue a bit today and by 9:00 am the queue already reached the March Hare / Mad Hatter Photo Location. They opened the normal the queue area at 9:30 so people wouldn't clog half of Fantasyland. Don't now when they started giving out tickets though 'cause this is madness and I wouldn't want to wait for the whole EMHs just to see Anna & Elsa.
Where nothing's clear.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: Fluffymilly on December 03, 2014, 12:24:36 AM
Ok this is the latest information..... Last week there was just an open queue for Anna and Elsa (2 pairs of them) and the queue time was 8 hours!!! Luckily by the time we got there on Thursday they had started the ticket system again. They said that the tickets would be given out at 10:30 and only one member of each group had to queue, so we joined a fairly long queue at the old mill at 9:30. They started giving out the tickets half hour early at 10:00 and we got a ticket for 5 of us to return between 3:30 and 4:00. Everyone that wanted to visit the princess had to have a timed ticket, you could not just walk in. I don't know what happened on Saturday and Sunday when it was crazy busy in the park but on Monday we met a family that were staying in the Dream Castle Hotel so didn't have extra magic hours and by the time that they got to the queue at 9:40 all the tickets were gone and they weren't even supposed to handing out tickets until 10:00! I felt very sorry for the little girls :'(

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have to queue when you went back during your allocated slot? I am going to DLP on Monday and am unsure of whether it will be worth it!

Thanks in advance :')

IntoTheWoods

Quote from: justlikewedreamedit-xo on December 03, 2014, 11:21:35 PM
Quote from: Fluffymilly on December 03, 2014, 12:24:36 AM
Ok this is the latest information..... Last week there was just an open queue for Anna and Elsa (2 pairs of them) and the queue time was 8 hours!!! Luckily by the time we got there on Thursday they had started the ticket system again. They said that the tickets would be given out at 10:30 and only one member of each group had to queue, so we joined a fairly long queue at the old mill at 9:30. They started giving out the tickets half hour early at 10:00 and we got a ticket for 5 of us to return between 3:30 and 4:00. Everyone that wanted to visit the princess had to have a timed ticket, you could not just walk in. I don't know what happened on Saturday and Sunday when it was crazy busy in the park but on Monday we met a family that were staying in the Dream Castle Hotel so didn't have extra magic hours and by the time that they got to the queue at 9:40 all the tickets were gone and they weren't even supposed to handing out tickets until 10:00! I felt very sorry for the little girls :'(

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have to queue when you went back during your allocated slot? I am going to DLP on Monday and am unsure of whether it will be worth it!

Thanks in advance :')

As far as I've seen on pictures the Invitations look like fastpasses and say to come back in a half-hour slot for example between 12:00 and 12:30 so I guess it should be around half an hour tops ^^
Where nothing's clear.

polar vixen

The same goes for  those of you with a disabled pass, queue at the disabled entrance at 9, someone will come out at 10 ish and give out allocated time tickets.  The difficulty was when we went back for our ime slot, we waited 10 mins, then were rushed through, :'wuick wuick, they're waiting for you!' Almost thrown into the room, 'get the baby out the pushchair, you can't bring that in, quickly, they're waiting for you!'
Half an hour after leaving, we saw ANOTHER Anna and Elsa walking through fantasy land as they left.  Sadly it distracted from the magic a little - for little ones who are really excited to have met anna and elsa, and then see a completely different anna and elsa.............

stifle

My in-laws were at the park this week and it was quite disorganized. Apparently the CMs are concerned about having huge queues for safety reasons so whilst tickets are advertised as being given out from 10:30, people are queueing before 9:30 and if the CMs think the queue is large enough to exhaust all available tickets, they will start handing them out early in order to avoid wasting everyone's time.

If you do not have EMHs, don't bother.

Fluffymilly

When we went back at 4:00 it was an hours wait but it was indoors and carpetted and a very slow moving queue so we all sat down and shuffled along on our bottoms for an hour! Everyone was very nice and chatty and actually that part of the queuing process wasn't too bad and at least you knew for definite that you would meet both princesses who were wonderful and so good with the children

Esti

I think it was on Monday, the queue inside the Pavillion was 2 hours. So people end up queueing for the same 4 hours they did before, it's just that now people who don't wake their kids up at 6 am or don't have EMH have no chance of meeting them.

It is embarrasing. That Pavillion was small the day they opened it and it's just gotten smaller with every new princess they have. On top of that, it's almost a miracle bumping into characters, even more princesses, so no wonder people go bananas when they see one. I do too.

And about watching the princesses leave and come back: they've always done that, but Anna and Elsa wear capes, so you don't even see their faces. And kids believe in a gigantic plastic dog who talks on film but not on the park. It's adults who would get pissed off at the same actresses not staying in the Pavillion for 5 hours, not kids.

polar vixen

Sorry Esti, I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not mad at all that the princesses need a break, of course they do!, but it is a shame that we left and less than 30 minutes later, my son pointed out another anna and elsa leaving the pavilion.  They weren't wearing capes, or hoods, otherwise how would he have known they were different?  It's just a shame they couldn't have a 'back exit' or something.  I thought Disney had a policy that there would be 2 of the same character in the park at once ( I understand the difference INside the pavilion), for example, you wouldn't see  a goofy outside star tours, at the same time as he would be in the parade, or doing  m&g near city hall.

IntoTheWoods

With 4-5 Princesses in the Park (not counting Jasmine & Aladdin who were out too or Ariel in the Studios Park at Star 'n' Cars, which is kinda crazy at the moment) and Anna & Elsa at the Pavillion I've never seen as many Princesses out and about. Also the Characters these days they seem to be everywhere and people frequently talked about who they met and where to find them today. And if you have the money there's still Belle, Cinderella and a Prince at Auberge.

The only thing thats really sad is that they doesn't seem to be a solution to the Pavillion Queuetime problem.
Where nothing's clear.

Esti

The fact that you have to pay an extra 60€ per person to be able to say hi to a princess is a —ing joke. We are going crazy over being able to have a picture taken with a princess after "only" 2 hours wait. How's that not sad?
A couple of characters out and about in Fantasyland are nothing to get excited about, specially if they're the same for months. You can be lucky and go now, when lots of characters seem to be out (even though for half of them there are no queues, so you'll have to murder everyone to get a bad selfie with them), or you can go during a month when not even Pinnochio is out.
And Stars n Cars is not a meet n greet. That's a mess. It's the perfect description of DLP. You murder your way to the first row, you wait for 30 mins so you can try and take a selfie, but it turns out no character comes near you. In the meantine, half a docen CMs are in a corner chatting while the characters try to control that mess themselves.
Embarrasing. It's embarrasing. Characters should be a given. If it wasn't for them, DLP would be just a glorified theme park.

PolarVixen: your son would make a great detective.

polar vixen

I agree, he would, autistic children often have excellent visual memory

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: polar vixen on December 04, 2014, 09:46:05 AM
The same goes for  those of you with a disabled pass, queue at the disabled entrance at 9, someone will come out at 10 ish and give out allocated time tickets

Hi polar vixen (I'm not stalking you - promise!!) just to clarify - the disabled queue opens at 9 but the tickets aren't given out until 10ish? We havent bothered with the princess pavillion for a good few months now but would know the little one would love to meet Anna and Elsa.

polar vixen

people were actually queueing at the disabled entrance from about 8:30, but yes, tickets weren't given out until 10.  Your whole party doesn't have to queue, just one adult, with the disabled pass.  You or your partner and daughter(?) could stay at the hotel, or go on rides - they're ususally so quiet during EMH that there's no queues for fantasyland rides anyway, so you can get by without your pass.  I know people who turned up around 11 on the day that we were there (may not be standard) were told there were no slots left.  That gives you a time to go back, and go more-or -less straight in.