Actors playing multiple characters..

Started by BoristheSpider, February 17, 2014, 02:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoristheSpider

Thought I would share as this amused me... When I saw Flynn on the parade float I realised that he was the Bert I had met the previous day!

captain rocket

Shame on you Boristhespider, everyone knows the characters are real! They must have just looked like each other by coincidence!!!

BoristheSpider

Well of course! I meant that I saw Bert acting as Flynn one day because he likes to try his hand at everything, street artist, chimney sweep, pretending to be Flynn, etc. :-)

daddyof2

I was thinking this would say something about Baloo/Little John/O'Malley or Sulley/Lotso/Big daddy La Bouff...

BoristheSpider

daddyof2

DisneyG83

Last year, we met Gaston in the studios and went back into the main park for Disney Magic on Parade and the same guy was playing Eric. Was very amusing to see!
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

PrincessA

That reminds me, I used to wonder why some characters you see so little of and some you see frequently when they're all just actors hidden behind costumes.

For example, I only saw the Beast once, in 2004, but I see Pluto all the time. Are the actors not allowed to decide to wear the Beast costume instead?
There's probably a very logical reason behind it, but I would be curious to hear what everyone thinks.

norhel

Quote from: PrincessA on August 31, 2014, 04:53:17 PM
For example, I only saw the Beast once, in 2004, but I see Pluto all the time. Are the actors not allowed to decide to wear the Beast costume instead?
There's probably a very logical reason behind it, but I would be curious to hear what everyone thinks.

Well, on regards to Beast and Pluto, according to https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100527174545AAiMVZm Beast is around 185 cm, while Pluto is only around 167 cm.
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that it possibly could be that since Beast is so tall that it's harder to get "actors" to play him. Could that be a reason perhaps?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

you're looking at the EU as a character actor source though.
Most of the top 10 of "tallest people" in the world is within 2000-3000 kilometres of DLP.
For the Netherlands alone the average height for males is 184 cm, Germany, Greece and such aren't that far behind.
It may be hard to find male character actors in general, but the height really shouldn't be too much of an issue.

sven

Quote from: PrincessA on August 31, 2014, 04:53:17 PM
Are the actors not allowed to decide to wear the Beast costume instead?

The actors don't decide which character they play. Every actor has a number of costumes he/she will fit in and will be trained for each of those characters over time. The central planning decides who plays which character on what times and locations during the day.

Esti

Also, face characters usually speak 2-3 languages, which must make it harder. I recently saw Peter Pan and was incredibly surprised. He spoke 3 languages (at least), without much of an accent, he was shorter than me (and I'm shortish), super fun and super Peter Pan. How do you find that?!

DisneyGagaChick

I never thought this happened!  :o

What are the heights for Mickey & Minnie Mouse?

Even I'm smaller than them!

DisneyfanGermany

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 16, 2014, 01:03:38 PM

What are the heights for Mickey & Minnie Mouse?

I don't know the exact heights, but i heard that mostly, Mickey is played / presented by a woman, because woman are said to be little smaller than men (and to keep Mickey and Minnie at the same height).
When I remembered this, I saw that Mickey is sometimes doing unusal poses for a man...(like poses which should habe been done by Minnie or sth like that)... funny thing ehen i noticed it first, because i thought "okay...what is he doing there?"  ;D

I know this from 2011 - saw a guy with a big bright smile (unforgettable this smile - i recognize him all the time haha) as Tianas Prince (Magic on Parade), the next day as Aladdin (Stars n Cars) amd at the same day as Chaacter host for Dschini (don't know how to spell it).
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

Fluffymilly

I know a girl who worked as a character actor in DLRP for 18 months. Usually she was Arial but sometimes she was Sleeping Beauty and sometimes she was other characters like Gideon which I thought was weird as she was obviously employed for her beauty/dancing abilities initially!