Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyObsessive

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"Can anyone scan their AP-card? It would be so cool to see what´s it like (I'm actually considering being a shareholder member only to have this card in my wallet :-) ... that is if it's gorgous enough)...

They show you the card on the Shareholder web site.

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml#contentj

Click on Discounts and privileges.  The card is the first image.  It is nice to be able to show it off in the Disney Store in the UK and get your 10% discount to boot!

LilysDad

For anyone thinking of buying, the shares are currently trading at around the bottom end of their range in the last 12 months - about €7 each.

fattybacon

Quote from: "LilysDad"For anyone thinking of buying, the shares are currently trading at around the bottom end of their range in the last 12 months - about €7 each.
And falling! I look at buying some every few years, but this time it could be the right time.

The new shares are quoted in euros, is that right? So, I worked out yesterday that for 20 new shares it would cost €137 - it could pay for itself very quickly.
2001 July Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Cheyenne®
2002 November Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Newport Bay Club®
2003 February Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel New York®
2004 March Disneyland California - Disney\'s Grand Californian Hotel®
2006 January Hong Kong Disneyland - Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel®
2008 October Disneyland Resort Paris

Alpop

If you think about the Discount card you could definately get your money back in one trip. We saved on food alone the value of our card.
Plus reading the small print about the Half board vouchers. It says you can save UP TO 15% with the vouchers. But as a share holder you WILL save 15% on food and drink.

BUT...
We went into a shop and bought a bottle of coke and some kinder egg style sweets. which you can't get discount off NON Disney products.

fattybacon

Well I'm now the latest member of the shareholders club.

I bought 20 new shares first thing this morning through www.selftrade.co.uk for EUR7.01 per share - and within 20 minutes the value had dropped back to yesterday's lows - I missed the deadline by 3 minutes. Oh well. These things go up and down.

So, total cost including GBP12.50 trade commission was GBP123 - it could have been less but I'm pretty happy with it.

fattybacon

Quote from: "Alpop"But as a share holder you WILL save 15% on food and drink.
Hmm, I've just re-read the benefits and it's 15% on food and drink ONLY at table service/buffet restaurants in the park and in the village.

I was hoping it was counter service too, and I was sure that omission was something I'd have picked up on before  :(

Alpop

We used the at the coffee grinder on Main street. I also believe we used it at the counter service next to pinocchio

Nicholas-c

With selftrade.co.uk they want me to submit a statement or something but dont tell me what/where/who?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

fattybacon

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"With selftrade.co.uk they want me to submit a statement or something but dont tell me what/where/who?
Initially on the website they want an address verification code, which they send to your home address, and then they want a bank statement mailed to them. In either case, you can buy shares in Euro Disney without any problems.

You have a month to submit your bank statement before they lock your account.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "fattybacon"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"With selftrade.co.uk they want me to submit a statement or something but dont tell me what/where/who?
Initially on the website they want an address verification code, which they send to your home address, and then they want a bank statement mailed to them. In either case, you can buy shares in Euro Disney without any problems.

Do you know the address or where I can find it to submit my statement
July 2009 - All alone

fattybacon

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "fattybacon"

Do you know the address or where I can find it to submit my statement
As far as I can see, you can send it and pay for it, or if you aren't in a hurry, use their FREEPOST address. I know which I'll be doing!

Posting items to Selftrade

Urgent or important forms
If you are posting us something that needs to arrive as soon as possible, you should use the address:

Customer Accounts Administration
Selftrade
Boatman's House
2 Selsdon Way
London E14 9LA

If you're posting valuable documents like share certificates you may also wish to consider sending these by registered mail.

Non-urgent communications
If time is not critical then you should use our FREEPOST address:

Customer Accounts Administration
Selftrade
Freepost LON18047
London E14 9BR

Nicholas-c

Thanks i will send it off tomorrow :)
July 2009 - All alone

Willow

Its time to buy. Currently trading at below €5, even below yesterday years low. The price is well over half the price earlier in the year.

Alpop

According to a Financial section in the Sunday Papers, Euro Disney and due to announce their first profit in 5 years this week. Turnover is said to have risen from 930 Million to 1 billion.
The article said that last year they had a debt of 32 Million, this year it is said to be a profit of 8 million.

Obviously this is all speculative, but from what we know as Disney Fans, is it now time to buy the shares?

Kuzco

I believe tomorrow is the day that the results are made public.
And actually...I wouldn't be surprised if they actually indeed did very well the past year! If there will be a profit is still to see, but I sure hope so.
No touchy!