Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shell_ely

hi there does anyone have any info on how or when you can buy shares in disneyland resort paris ?  :ears:

i was hoping to get my 2 children some , just not sure if they can be brought or how ! im not too good with stuff like that  :mickey1:

any info would be great !

thanks  :D

tubbsy

Hiya shell-ely.

I posted similar question in Blue Lagoon a coupla weeks ago, but I havent had a response. However I have found out that we cant buy them in the UK as they are only on the French stock market.

What we can do is open a stock account and buy shares this way. I've found this company-

http://www.selftrade.co.uk/

They can help you set up an account and buy shares on the French stock market.
I hasten to add, I havent done it yet. I was hoping that I might get a response from someone that tells me a less, um, headachy (do you know what I mean?) way of buying them. I don't do buying shares and its worrying my a bit!  :?

I know they are not a big, if any, sort of investment. But I REALLY want to do it!  :mickey2:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

shell_ely

Quote from: tubbsyHiya shell-ely.

I posted similar question in Blue Lagoon a coupla weeks ago, but I havent had a response. However I have found out that we cant buy them in the UK as they are only on the French stock market.

What we can do is open a stock account and buy shares this way. I've found this company-

http://www.selftrade.co.uk/

They can help you set up an account and buy shares on the French stock market.
I hasten to add, I havent done it yet. I was hoping that I might get a response from someone that tells me a less, um, headachy (do you know what I mean?) way of buying them. I don't do buying shares and its worrying my a bit!  :?

I know they are not a big, if any, sort of investment. But I REALLY want to do it!  :mickey2:[

thanks for that i will look into it and let you know if i have any luck  :ears:

if anyone has any info we would love your help  :ears:

tubbsy

Yes Please! :mickey2:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

speedpacket

Any decent bank should provide you the service of buying shares on Euronext (they are listed on Euronext paris and Euronext Frankfurt)...
Just contact your regular bank.  I'm not sure about UK, but there are some stock brokers on the internet too that often provide better prices than your regular banks fr thebrokerage fees, but normally your bank should be able to help you out.

Alternatively - read this FAQ that is posted on the EURO DISNEY SCA website: http://www.eurodisney.com/en/0311.php#5

Good luck anyway!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Samninetysix

if you're with the halifax or similar, ask them for details of a share dealing account, they all deal in the paris exchange and can get u shares in Eurodisney SCA (about €0.91/share) last time I checked

tubbsy

Thank you Samninetysix and speedpacket! I've never dealt in shares before and didnt have a clue where to start! I don't think Shell_ely did either :mickey2:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

shell_ely

thanks for that i bank with the halifax so i am going to talk to them on monday  :nemo:

roaldbergmann

how much does the shares cost now? Haven't there just been some kind of changes? And how many do you have to buy to get the discounts?

Alpop

Morning,

To be part of the shareholders club there isn't technically much of a change. Previously you would have had to buy either 500 shares plus (minimum entry) or 2,000 share plus (free entry into the club) those shares would have been valued at around 7 cents each.

Today the shares were valued at 7.80 Euros per share. Which sounds a lot more, but now you only have to buy 5 shares plus (minimum entry) or 20 shares plus (free entry into the club).

The value you spent stays the same (sort of)

My question is......
They just signed a deal for 1,000,000 euros of liquidity. What does this mean? It seemed to be that no shares were exchanged for this amount of money. Was it just a bank loan?
If it was, on the scale of things what can you do with one million euros?

GrandiJoos

Hi, general share info can be found on the eurodisney.com site itself and on euronext.com. They are 7,52 Euro at the moment. They are named "Euro Disney" and the code is FR0010540740. You might find 2 shares with the name Euro Disney, take the one that has a value of around 7.00 Euros, not the one that's worth 8 cents!

About buying them. Here in the Netherlands there are companies where you can buy and manage shares yourself online (alex and Binck) but in general your local bank should also be able to help with that (maybe costs more per transaction and holding costs). You should count on about 10 Euro's per order/transaction and a few cents of holding cost per quarter.

@Alpop:
At first I thought they got a loan or something of 1 million euro's in cash. But when I searched for 'liquidity contract' I found the following article which did not make it much clearer for me...

GrandiJoos :cool:

Alpop

Would it be worthwhile having a forum / topic, just for Eurodisney share related topics. They seem to be mentioned every couple of months. Maybe it would be better if they were grouped together.

GrandiJoos

A sub-forum 'financial' or 'shares' under 'the resort' would be nice!

GrandiJoos :cool:

Javey74

I posted a reply to another thread on the same topic, it might help  :)

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1749&p=42756#p42756

CJNorth

Hi,

Seeing this topic has prompted a question about my share holding and I hope someone may be able to help.

I am a registered shareholder with an "odd" number of old style shares.  I completed and returned the options form to Caceis in December opting to buy more shares to make my holding up to a multiple of 100 and have not heard anything since.

Should I have had a reply by now or is this the same for all registered shareholders?
Carl