Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Quote from: "ed-uk"Members of the Shareholders Club don't get to vote on anything. EuroDisney aren't going to hand out a Shareholders Club discount card to use in their shops and restaurants, and allow us to decide the terms and conditions on how we use it.  As I said in my previous post Euro Disney aren't obliged to have a Shareholders Club with discount card, however it's very good that they do and hopefully  beneficial to both sides.  I should add that I'm not defending their decision to change the share requirement to become a member, but I do believe they can do it and I wish people wouldn't make their club card sound like the Tesco loyalty club card. I think their position was explained in the reply  email they sent to you which you posted on page 19.
Hang on a minute...

Look at the bolded section of the email you refer to..  :?

QuoteThis increase has driven negative remarks and a growing dissatisfaction among members of the Shareholders Club, regarding Salon Mickey or the services provided by the Shareholders Club representatives. This matter has also been discussed several times during round tables and shareholders meetings. This is one of the reasons why we took the decision to increase the minimum of shares required to be a member.
Who are the people at these shareholder meetings and round table meetings, you are saying that Shareholders are not allowed at shareholder meetings. I don't think so..  :?

We are the majority Shareholders in Euro Disney S.C.A and you are saying we don't have a say. What is the point of being a Shareholder. It's us ultimately that have the say collectively, if they didn't want that they should not have floated themselves on the Stockmarket, but no they needed the money..  :roll: It's the Shareholders who have the say on the running of the place indirectly as directors are voted in, just like in banks and other large companies, they have to keep the Shareholders happy for this very reason..  :|

Reading the last line of the email, the decision was took by the Shareholder Club Representatives with the view of the Shareholders complaints and dissatisfaction..  :|  To me the Shareholders had the say, or at least that is what it says to me..   :roll:

captain rocket

Whatever we all feel about the way this was introduced, a shareholding of just 5/20 shares was a very generous level to allow membership/free membership and I am not despondent about having the limit raised. I don't yet know if I will buy the extra 80 shares that I would need to continue membership of the club, but was fortunate enough to have renewed my membership in September, so I have a while to decide.

ed-uk

@Javey74
I said Shareholders don't get a vote concerning the Shareholders Club and how it's run, but that members of the club can express an opinion on  the club,, maybe I didn't make that clear. I didn't say Shareholders weren't allowed at Shareholder meetings, of course they are, and they can vote at the AGM. It doesn't say in the email the decision was took by Shareholder club representatives. It says the increase ( in membership ) has driven negative remarks among members of the shareholders  club regarding Salon Mickey or the services provided by the shareholder club representatives. So the Shareholders Club took the decision to change the share requirement to join the club, based on negative remarks. We'll wait and see what changes they make in the future.
Ed & David

Javey74

Quote from: "ed-uk"@Javey74
I said Shareholders don't get a vote concerning the Shareholders Club and how it's run, but that members of the club can express an opinion on  the club,, maybe I didn't make that clear. I didn't say Shareholders weren't allowed at Shareholder meetings, of course they are, and they can vote at the AGM. It doesn't say in the email the decision was took by Shareholder club representatives. It says the increase ( in membership ) has driven negative remarks among members of the shareholders  club regarding Salon Mickey or the services provided by the shareholder club representatives. So the Shareholders Club took the decision to change the share requirement to join the club, based on negative remarks. We'll wait and see what changes they make in the future.

You state that the email does not say that the decision was took by Shareholder club representatives.

Quote: This matter has also been discussed several times during round tables and shareholders meetings. This is one of the reasons why we took the decision to increase the minimum of shares required to be a member.

Notice the word 'Also' and 'We'... Who is the reference to We..  :?

As far as I am concerned the Shareholder Club Representatives, as in the people running the Shareholders Club and the Shareholders Club are the same thing, this being the case the decision has been decided by the representatives of the Shareholders Club.

ed-uk

Well the  decision was certainly made by someone at the Shareholders Club  (or someone higher up)  the representatives, I take your point.
 i thought they would raise the share requirement anyway, I just didn't know by how much  and when.
Ed & David

norhel

So, I was just wondering something about the discounts the shareholders club have. I see they have a 10 % discount on packages. Am I understanding right, that the discount is valid on packages with a minimum of 2 nights? For example I can stay on 4 nights package and get 10 % off the price with my shareholder card? And I can order 2 rooms?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

never2old

Quote from: "norhel"So, I was just wondering something about the discounts the shareholders club have. I see they have a 10 % discount on packages. Am I understanding right, that the discount is valid on packages with a minimum of 2 nights? For example I can stay on 4 nights package and get 10 % off the price with my shareholder card? And I can order 2 rooms?

This is what they say on the corporate website:

QuoteReceive a 10% discount on packages (from 2 days/1 night, excluding transport) at Disney's Hotels including Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York®, Disney's Newport Bay Club®, Disney's Sequoia Lodge®, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne®, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe®, Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®.

For details on offers and bookings, call the Shareholders Club line: +33 (0)1 60 30 60 72.

Offer subject to conditions:

- Offer limited to 2 rooms per stay and available only from 2 consecutive nights on the 24th and the 31st of December.

- Cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.

- Valid for all room types excluding Suites, Castle Club rooms, Empire State Club rooms and Family rooms.

- Prepayment according to the general sales terms valid at the time of booking.

On rooms only, benefit from a 25% discount, according to the above conditions.

So yes, you can get two rooms at the discount price; and the 2 nights minimum only applies to the Christmas period  :D

norhel

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "norhel"So, I was just wondering something about the discounts the shareholders club have. I see they have a 10 % discount on packages. Am I understanding right, that the discount is valid on packages with a minimum of 2 nights? For example I can stay on 4 nights package and get 10 % off the price with my shareholder card? And I can order 2 rooms?

This is what they say on the corporate website:

QuoteReceive a 10% discount on packages (from 2 days/1 night, excluding transport) at Disney's Hotels including Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York®, Disney's Newport Bay Club®, Disney's Sequoia Lodge®, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne®, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe®, Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®.

For details on offers and bookings, call the Shareholders Club line: +33 (0)1 60 30 60 72.

Offer subject to conditions:

- Offer limited to 2 rooms per stay and available only from 2 consecutive nights on the 24th and the 31st of December.

- Cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.

- Valid for all room types excluding Suites, Castle Club rooms, Empire State Club rooms and Family rooms.

- Prepayment according to the general sales terms valid at the time of booking.

On rooms only, benefit from a 25% discount, according to the above conditions.

So yes, you can get two rooms at the discount price; and the 2 nights minimum only applies to the Christmas period  :D

Thanx! That was what I though :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Farbauti

Is it just me, or is it always a pain to renew the shareholder membership?
The web pages are inconsistent (redirecting to a renewal form that simply doesn't exist) and the relations office is not organized at best.

best regards

toonarmylass

Quote from: "never2old"Well, I think if you split the 70 shares between Christmas, anniversaries and birthdays... It's possible!!

I now have 101 shares, these have beenbuilt up over the last 2 years thru birthday, christmas and mothers day (matthew bought me 10 shares!!!) as i didnt have anything else to spend the money on! i have renewed my membership. i went in salon mickey on both my visitslast year and on 1 visit we had to stand but the rest we had seats everytime. sometime i forget i have to knock on the door for them to let me in mind lol

jj554

This may have been answered already so sorry if it has.

I have bitten the bullet and purchased the extra shares needed to renew my membership in September, as we have a trip planned in November, and will go at least once next year for Ratatouille. Anyway, my question is, as we have got the free half board vouchers for our upcoming trip, can we use those at face value in conjunction with the Shareholder's discount? We only have the Standard half board plan, so could we for example go for a buffet at NPBC costing €29.00, get 15% off of this and use the €25 (i think) half board standard voucher at face value against this?

Hope someone can shed some light

Thanks in advance
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

captain rocket

I would be surprised if you could, there is normally a rider that you cannot use two offers at the same time, you should give it a try though!!

eric7c

Hi. I am interested in buying DLP shares but am unsure about the best (& cheapest) way to do this. I am in Ireland and to date my enquiries all lead back to using a stockbroker who charge various fees including an annual fee of c€100. As I am buying the shares as a small investment these charges are crazy and will leave me in negative equity fairly quickly. I was wondering if anybody could advise an alternative way of buying the shares which I can hold personally without the need for a stockbroker. Any help greatly appreciated.

Deff

There exist a few online services that provide the services you require (binck to name just one, not sure if they serve  Ireland) But be aware that shares in the company probably aren't the best investment if you expect to see some return down the line.

captain rocket

I agree with Deff, the only reason to own EurodisneySCA shares is the advantages that you are afforded as a member of the shareholders club. As an investment it seems a fairly forlorn hope to see a dividend return! Or you could, of course, just buy some shares to own a piece of the magic!