Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Well, I think if you split the 70 shares between Christmas, anniversaries and birthdays... It's possible!!

britincgn

I also have 33 shares . Think its just not worth buying more just to get into Salon Mickey .You have lots of discount etc with the Dream Pass .

Javey74

Quote from: "never2old"Well, I think if you split the 70 shares between Christmas, anniversaries and birthdays... It's possible!!
It could be..  :)

Quote from: "britincgn"I also have 33 shares . Think its just not worth buying more just to get into Salon Mickey .You have lots of discount etc with the Dream Pass .
Good analysis really..  :|

MissDisneyisMagical

Hello,

sorry i havent been on here in ages so im a little confused!! whats happened to the shares? i think i have like 24 or 25 something like that and i think they expire not this december but next what do i need to do?

Thanks
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Javey74

Quote from: "MissDisneyisMagical"Hello,

sorry i havent been on here in ages so im a little confused!! whats happened to the shares? i think i have like 24 or 25 something like that and i think they expire not this december but next what do i need to do?

Thanks
Hi MissDisneyisMagical..  :)

In a nutshell... As of 1st October 2012 you are required to own a minimum of 100 shares to remain a member of the Shareholders Club. Seeing as you are a current member they will honour your membership till it expires, but after that you will need 100 shares or more. The only exemption to the rule is if you owned a minimum of 5 shares before 1st October 2000..  :|

britincgn

Had to add that I do feel let down by the company .
Ive been there since day one ( have the commemorative day1 pass to prove it)
Im a DVC member .
And to be quite honest I have not  had a vacation outside Disney for maybe 30 years .
Seems like a slap in the face

captain rocket

The most important thing is that you let the Walt Disney Company know how you feel, they do value committed people like yourself and if enough people complain they may have to reconsider their actions as they affect you!

ed-uk

The Walt Disney Company don't  have  a Shareholders club, correct me if I'm wrong. So why complain to them?
Ed & David

captain rocket

You complain to the Walt Disney company because they are the final arbiters as to what happens.  This guy has been a loyal Disney fan, even joining the vacation club and he is the sort of customer that Paris desperately needs, to complain to Paris is useless by what people have said on this site so that's why my advice would be to complain to the organ grinder rather than the monkey!

ed-uk

I don't know what you mean by final arbiters as to what happens?  The WDC don't  bother with a shareholders Club, so what advice would they be giving EuroDisney, not to have one ?  EuroDisney don't have to have a Shareholders Club and it's good that they do but there's no obligation on them.
Ed & David

captain rocket

I think you are missing the point of my message. I was trying to say that if britincgn feels strongly enough to complain about the way he is being treated, it is pointless complaining to DLRP shareholders club as they seem to be intransigent, so I suggested that he complains to the WDC  to make them aware how he feels.
In all fairness, it probably won't achieve much, but at least he would be making WDC  aware of how he feels about the way he has been treated.

ed-uk

Indeed, he should complain to WDC then.  From what I've read it's thanks to people complaining about the service in Salon Mickey, not enough cakes and buns for example,  that persuaded EuroDisney to up the share requirement for membership.
Ed & David

captain rocket

I have'nt actually heard anyone complain at Salon Mickey, but I have noticed that the last few times I have visited there has not been any snacks left, but I would'nt dream of complaining about that, after all it is a concession! The place has been very crowded on my last few visits, largely made up of groups of people and I feel one way they could help reduce this overcrowding is to restrict each member to one guest, but I guess family members would not be happy with this

Javey74

Quote from: "captain rocket"I have'nt actually heard anyone complain at Salon Mickey, but I have noticed that the last few times I have visited there has not been any snacks left, but I would'nt dream of complaining about that, after all it is a concession! The place has been very crowded on my last few visits, largely made up of groups of people and I feel one way they could help reduce this overcrowding is to restrict each member to one guest, but I guess family members would not be happy with this
I totally agree. I would even go as far as to limit visitors to 3 times in one year and no more. Would be a shame that a once a year visitor cannot get in at all for those going constantly..  :roll:

Using Salon Mickey is a feeble excuse as mentioned in my previous submissions. If that's all they are bothered about, close the damn place. As previously mentioned I've never used the place, why would I if I already get B&B at my hotel, I'm not going to have breakfast at the hotel then immediately get to the Disneyland Park and require another coffee and croissant, with a few other goodies..  :roll: Who are they trying to kid.. :evil:

Also I'd like to know who the h*ll voted this in, they say that it was through Round Table meetings and Shareholder Meetings. How can this happen since I'm one of those Shareholders who cannot attend. I was not informed of the problems since they do not send me minutes from these meetings, why not? Also have they not heard of a proxy vote..  :roll: I'd love to know just how many voted this in..  :?

I really feel for the Shareholders making the replies on here as we did not have a say in this, there should be an official Euro Disney S.C.A Shareholders Forum, where Shareholders can make official complaints. I wonder why they don't have one..  :evil: Well I do, but my reply would need censoring..  ](*,)

ed-uk

Members of the Shareholders Club don't get to vote on anything. EuroDisney aren't going to hand out a Shareholders Club discount card to use in their shops and restaurants, and allow us to decide the terms and conditions on how we use it.  As I said in my previous post Euro Disney aren't obliged to have a Shareholders Club with discount card, however it's very good that they do and hopefully  beneficial to both sides.  I should add that I'm not defending their decision to change the share requirement to become a member, but I do believe they can do it and I wish people wouldn't make their club card sound like the Tesco loyalty club card. I think their position was explained in the reply  email they sent to you which you posted on page 19.
Ed & David