Trip report 14-Sep-2014 to 18-Sep-2014 (Report Complete)

Started by DisneyRon, September 14, 2014, 11:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amee

wow great report  :o i recommend salted boiled water for the toncil infection it works for me everytime but as a short term relief from the pain , did you happen to see any new phantom manor merchandise during your trip ?

DisneyRon

Quote from: amee on September 22, 2014, 12:16:21 AM
wow great report  :o i recommend salted boiled water for the toncil infection it works for me everytime but as a short term relief from the pain , did you happen to see any new phantom manor merchandise during your trip ?

The tonsil infection is as good as gone now, but thank you for the tip, although I suspect that's more for the bacterial version, rather than the viral version. :)
As for new Phantom Manor Merchandise, I don't think so, there were some unfamiliar items, but as my last visit was 2 years ago I don't know if those were actually new, or I just didn't remember them being there. ;)

Alexz

My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

DisneyRon

Quote from: Alexz on September 22, 2014, 04:30:25 PM
Really great report! Thank you!

You're welcome, it was a lot of fun to do. :)
Not something I've done before, but I quite liked this format.

Uragano Tati

I loved reading your trip report! It's a shame it's already over!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

DisneyRon

Quote from: Uragano Tati on September 24, 2014, 11:46:46 PM
I loved reading your trip report! It's a shame it's already over!!!

You're not the only one who thinks it's a shame it's already over. ;)
I wish I was still there.

ilovemainstxxx

Great report , really enjoyed the read , and great photos too.....
hope your head is better now , what a shame !!
I love staying at this hotel and really wish I was there now :(

DisneyRon

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on October 01, 2014, 06:47:41 PM
Great report , really enjoyed the read , and great photos too.....
hope your head is better now , what a shame !!
I love staying at this hotel and really wish I was there now :(

I'm doing just fine now, the stitches came out over 2 weeks ago, and the wound had healed up very nicely. :)
So no worries, full recovery was made. ;) Same goes for the viral tonsilitis, that was mostly gone 2-3 days after I woke up with it.

The DLH is a wonderful place to stay indeed, they were busy tearing out the carpets along the main corridors when I left, so I suppose that will look nice and new fairly soon. :)

stormflm595

Great trip report and photos Ron, glad to hear you had a great time despite your accident!  ;D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

jeakat24

Great trip report!

I actually saw your post in the Bistrot Chez Remy thread about missing it because you'd sent yourself to hospital, so I looked here to see if you'd written a trip report. It sounds like even with the delays, accidents and illnesses you had a good time and managed to get a lot done
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

DisneyRon

Quote from: jeakat24 on October 06, 2014, 08:30:23 PM
Great trip report!

I actually saw your post in the Bistrot Chez Remy thread about missing it because you'd sent yourself to hospital, so I looked here to see if you'd written a trip report. It sounds like even with the delays, accidents and illnesses you had a good time and managed to get a lot done

I had an amazing time and indeed got a lot of things done, the accident cost me half a day and a visit to Chez Remy, but beyond that did little damage to my trip, and the tonsil infection was on my final morning, so it didn't really spoil too much. ;)

pialykke

Glad the rest of your stay went well, but what a shame, waking up with a throat infection on the last day! :( At least they dealt with it very well!
Great to see your photos too - and thanx for posting the food ones on the food photo thread too! I'm sure people will be delighted to see them there! That dessert looks spectacular!! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

DisneyRon

Quote from: pialykke on October 15, 2014, 03:55:04 PM
Glad the rest of your stay went well, but what a shame, waking up with a throat infection on the last day! :( At least they dealt with it very well!
Great to see your photos too - and thanx for posting the food ones on the food photo thread too! I'm sure people will be delighted to see them there! That dessert looks spectacular!! :)

I deeply regret not having my phone or camera on me on my first visit to the California Grill, the dessert for the Premium Plan menu is a gorgeous Olaf statue made from fondant, icecream and a meringue decorated with chocolate. :D
Not having a photo of that is a bit of a bummer, but it was delicious. ;)

The stay itself was wonderful, and I greatly enjoyed it.
I'm actually considering a trip to WDW for next year, to get another dose of Disney magic.

pialykke

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 15, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
Quote from: pialykke on October 15, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

I deeply regret not having my phone or camera on me on my first visit to the California Grill, the dessert for the Premium Plan menu is a gorgeous Olaf statue made from fondant, icecream and a meringue decorated with chocolate. :D
Not having a photo of that is a bit of a bummer, but it was delicious. ;)

The stay itself was wonderful, and I greatly enjoyed it.
I'm actually considering a trip to WDW for next year, to get another dose of Disney magic.

I know, I was thinking that while reading the report - what a shame you didn't get a photo of it - hey, you should have asked the lady on the next table, who you advised to get it... (Excuse me, can I just take a photo of your food.... hahaha... That would have gone down well... ;) )
We are going again in a month, so will be adding to the food photo collection - sadly not going to the California Grill though... Hopefully someone else will be able to provide us with a photo of Olaf. :)
Oooh, WDW!! I would LOVE to go there... But for now the funds will only stretch to DLP I'm afraid. Still hoping for that lotterywin. I will be doing a tour of all the parks in the world, if that should ever happen... One can  always dream...! :-[

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

DisneyRon

Well, the lady was still picking out the food she wanted to order, they wouldn't have gotten to the dessert for at least another hour or so, and I was already on my own dessert. ;D

That's probably one of the biggest unwritten benefits of being on your own, I can go eat at a table service restaurant and be out again in under and hour. ;)

As for your dream, keep that one alive, you may never know if you'll be able to do it one day.