Staying Off Site

Started by andlorna, September 11, 2014, 12:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

A bit further out but there are some very good hotels in Bussy-Saint-Georges all within 5-10 minutes of the metro station and lots of supermarkets and places to get food you can stock up on the way to and from to save on your food budget. I usually stay at the Villa Bellagio for budget trips to DLP as it is usually the best price most times of year and have a kitchenette and fridge.

If you are driving there is a lovely little village up the road closer to the parks called Jossigny that have a charming place called Auberge Du Cheval Blanc. Again always one of the cheapest even compared to the Première Classe and Campanille type places. Its probably because you need need a vehicle to get to it but its only 5-10 minute drive away from DLP. If one of you have the Dream AP you'll get free parking anyway.

If you want to save a little more be happy to get you my shareholder discount on your APs if you are there on the same dates as me. Will be going a couple times in October  =) ºoº
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

andlorna

HI Mac thanks for advise, we will be there on Monday 27 October, we would really appreciate if you or someone else could sponsor us, with a dream pass. At what time can you access the Disney carpark, as we would like to make use of the emh.  ;D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

A&S&O

Quote from: Mac on September 11, 2014, 05:59:43 PM
If you want to save a little more be happy to get you my shareholder discount on your APs if you are there on the same dates as me. Will be going a couple times in October  =) ºoº

Don't you have to have the name or address for shareholder discount (15%)? You can definitely do annual pass sponsorship (10%).

If there are any children buying annual passes, check out discount-ticket-store . com before you go, as they sell childrens annual passes, which you can't buy at the park (children have to buy the same pass as adults at the park). Dream passes are £89, Fantasy passes are £75.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Mac

Looks like that will work out perfectly andlorna, am there the first and last weeks of October! Are you arriving on the Monday or will that be the first full day you are going in to the parks?   =) ºoº

and
Quote from: A&S&O on September 11, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

Don't you have to have the name or address for shareholder discount (15%)? You can definitely do annual pass sponsorship (10%).

Either way you have to have the sponsor there when you get your APs and they already have all the sponsors details    =) ºoº
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

Sulley's Arms

It's a shame you're not driving, as the cheapest hotel option could be Premiere Classe at Torcy (15-20 min drive).  Often around £25-30 per night.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

samuelvictor

Quote from: amanda08 on September 11, 2014, 11:21:34 AM
We just came back from 3 nights in the Sejours et Afairs -in a 1 bedroom (4 person) apartment. I paid 70 euro for 3 nights!!  It is less then 5 minutes walk to the free number 50 peps bus and about 30 seconds further to the train. It was  not luxurious at all, but was clean, shower and beds were good, had a fridge and a microwave and was very cheap!!

For a budget trip I would definatley book here again :)

Hi Amanda08, thanks for posting that, that place sounds perfect for what we need on our next trip! (we are doing 5 nights in the Cheyenne, then were looking to get an apartment near Paris & the parks for a week or so directly after, to explore Paris, Val de Europe etc without wasting money on park tickets for every day).

I've just searched the Sejours-Affaires website, and it came up with 10 results near Val de Europe. Do you remember if you were in Nanterre? That seems the closest. Could you give me more info on the "free peps bus" you mentioned? Where do you get it from, who runs it , do they speak English etc? We are a little nervous about booking a cheap place outside of Paris city Centre and not being able to find our way to and from the parks etc!

samuelvictor

(sorry for teh double post everyone, not sure how to quote two people in one post)

Quote from: Mac on September 11, 2014, 05:59:43 PM
A bit further out but there are some very good hotels in Bussy-Saint-Georges all within 5-10 minutes of the metro station and lots of supermarkets and places to get food you can stock up on the way to and from to save on your food budget. I usually stay at the Villa Bellagio for budget trips to DLP as it is usually the best price most times of year and have a kitchenette and fridge.

Hi Mac, thanks for the info, when you say within 5-10 minutes, do you mean walking or driving? You can see from my last post we are looking for a cheap base to stay in and commute to the parks, Paris, and Val de Europe, to extend our stay after 5 nights in the Cheyenne. We will be one foot and will be our first time as Tourists outside of the parks or city centre, so are a little nervous of getting lost!

andlorna

Quote from: Mac on September 12, 2014, 06:23:10 PM
Looks like that will work out perfectly andlorna, am there the first and last weeks of October! Are you arriving on the Monday or will that be the first full day you are going in to the parks?   =) ºoº

and
Quote from: A&S&O on September 11, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

Either way you have to have the sponsor there when you get your APs and they already have all the sponsors details    =) ºoº

That's great Mac we hopefully will be getting an early Euro Tunnel crossing so will be arriving Monday morning. I will contact you nearer the time if that's ok.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

amanda08

Quote from: samuelvictor on September 13, 2014, 04:12:02 PM
We just came back from 3 nights in the Sejours et Afairs -in a 1 bedroom (4 person) apartment. I paid 70 euro for 3 nights!!  It is less then 5 minutes walk to the free number 50 peps bus and about 30 seconds further to the train. It was  not luxurious at all, but was clean, shower and beds were good, had a fridge and a microwave and was very cheap!!

Hi Amanda08, thanks for posting that, that place sounds perfect for what we need on our next trip! (we are doing 5 nights in the Cheyenne, then were looking to get an apartment near Paris & the parks for a week or so directly after, to explore Paris, Val de Europe etc without wasting money on park tickets for every day).

I've just searched the Sejours-Affaires website, and it came up with 10 results near Val de Europe. Do you remember if you were in Nanterre? That seems the closest. Could you give me more info on the "free peps bus" you mentioned? Where do you get it from, who runs it , do they speak English etc? We are a little nervous about booking a cheap place outside of Paris city Centre and not being able to find our way to and from the parks etc!

the one i stayed at was Rive Gauche -Serris. The number 50 peps bus is the free shuttle bus that goes between Disney and the partner hotels. This does not include the Sejours but it is only a couple of minutes easy walk to the Hotel Elysee where it does stop. This bus will take you straight to the parks in about 10 minutes. Lots of people getting on/off the bus and there are more then 1 set of doors, so no need to talk to the driver apart from a Bojour :) (but if you get on via the back or middle doors you wont even see him)

The Sejours is about a 4 minute walk to one end of the Val de Europe shopping center so perfect location for that and there are lots of different restauarants and bars etc.

Mac

Quote from: andlorna on September 11, 2014, 08:55:27 PM
That's great Mac we hopefully will be getting an early Euro Tunnel crossing so will be arriving Monday morning. I will contact you nearer the time if that's ok.

Sure, PM me and I'll give you my contact details =) ºoº

and

Quote from: samuelvictor on September 13, 2014, 04:16:33 PM
Hi Mac, thanks for the info, when you say within 5-10 minutes, do you mean walking or driving? You can see from my last post we are looking for a cheap base to stay in and commute to the parks, Paris, and Val de Europe, to extend our stay after 5 nights in the Cheyenne. We will be one foot and will be our first time as Tourists outside of the parks or city centre, so are a little nervous of getting lost!

Hi SamuelV, all the hotels I mentioned are 5-10 minute walking distance to the RER. Bussy-Saint-Georges is a good base with lots of shops and places to eat. Its a little far from Paris city centre but one stop from Val'D and 2 from the parks. =) ºoº

also

Hi amanda08, where and when did you book this? Cant get anywhere close to 70Eu a night for any of their apartments? was that 70 total for 4 or your share split between a group? =) ºoº

andlorna

Just booked the Hipark.....so looking forward to getting our Annual Passes and returning to Disney for Halloween  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

never2old

Quote from: andlorna on September 17, 2014, 08:41:46 PM
Just booked the Hipark.....so looking forward to getting our Annual Passes and returning to Disney for Halloween  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great choice:) Have a great time!