TRIP REPORT - Hotel Santa Fe September 1-5 2014 *DAY TWO ADDED!*

Started by stormflm595, September 07, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 01, 2014, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: stormflm595 on October 01, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

it's odd DisneyRon, last year I took around 300-400 photos and I filmed the entirety of Disney Dreams and still had plenty of memory. This year I made about 10 videos all around a minute long and took about 180 photos?! Molly also took her camera and took plenty of photos and made around 30 videos to make into a video diary of our trip. Maybe I was just unfortunate. I'll have a look a getting a bigger memory card but if it's unaffordable, I'll just be sure to take pictures only in march.

hmm, that is a bit odd, though depending on how your camera was set up, it could have been recording at a higher resolution (better looking video, but oh boy does the file size go up fast), or perhaps multiple small videos take more space than a single longer one (I suspect it doesn't though). It is a bit of a puzzle though, I'll admit.
As for the cost of larger memory cards, it seems prices have gone down quite a bit.
Just looking at Class 10 SD-cards with high write speeds, it seems that 32GB chips are around the £15-20 mark, and 64GB ones are £20-25 or so.
That's actually quite reasonable, and a lot less then when I bought mine a year or so ago.

128GB ones are going for £70-120 or so, but I doubt you'll need to take 10,000 or so photos during a trip. ;)

I'm not sure what the resolution was set at tbh, it was a camera I had for the past Christmas and so I hadn't used it as much as my old one which is what I took my 2013 Disney photos on, though I used the same memory card for both cameras.
but at those prices, I'll definitely invest in a higher GB chip. what was the site you looked on?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: stormflm595 on October 01, 2014, 07:05:30 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on October 01, 2014, 05:52:44 PM
loving your report , looks like you had a wonderful time..
i know what you mean about dreams , just reading what you wrote then , the lines out of second star to the right , you had me welling up then..haha..
we have been going since our daughter was 16 m and she is now 16 and at collage and or son is 10 and we have all always loved peter pan , so that bit in dreams always gets me and brings back all the wonderful memories we have of the place...
carnt wait for the next day... :D
btw , love your beauty and the beast t shirt , gorgeous..x

oh gosh, i'm welling up just thinking about it. my disney blues are still incredibly strong but i'm going in march so i'm also incredibly excited!
and thank you, i brought it from hot topic when i was in america in march. i believe that you can buy it on site but as you have to pay around £45 postage and packing it is worth maybe ordering a few things with people and then having it delivered to one address and splitting the shipping cost?
Thanks for that , will have a look into it ...I have a maleficent dress that is similar , but that top is lovely...x
Lucky you going back in March , wish I could go...it will be a few years now for us ,  unless my finger accidental pushes the book button for next year.. ;D

DisneyRon

Quote from: stormflm595 on October 01, 2014, 07:53:00 PM
I'm not sure what the resolution was set at tbh, it was a camera I had for the past Christmas and so I hadn't used it as much as my old one which is what I took my 2013 Disney photos on, though I used the same memory card for both cameras.
but at those prices, I'll definitely invest in a higher GB chip. what was the site you looked on?

Those were from the Camera & Photo section of Amazon.co.uk.
One tip, always go for Class 10 SD-cards, those are designed for large photos and video.
Higher write speeds can also come in handy, but aren't that critical unless you'll be doing a lot of video with your camera. However, the price difference between slower and faster SD cards is minimal, so going for faster ones won't hurt.

stormflm595

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 01, 2014, 08:06:29 PM
Those were from the Camera & Photo section of Amazon.co.uk.
One tip, always go for Class 10 SD-cards, those are designed for large photos and video.
Higher write speeds can also come in handy, but aren't that critical unless you'll be doing a lot of video with your camera. However, the price difference between slower and faster SD cards is minimal, so going for faster ones won't hurt.

Thanks Ron, I'll keep that in mind for my next trip! You're my now go to tech guy btw haha
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Disney Matt

Love your report & all your photos to go with it :)
Saw that you have are heading soon to Sequoia Lodge (I stayed Dec & loved it...the smell they pump in to reception is amaziiing!!)

Look forward to your next trip report  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stormflm595

Ah thank you! its a shame its unfinished, silly uni!

will be sure to finish the march one!!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days