Auberge De Cendrillon

Started by michellemumof2xx, September 02, 2014, 09:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Ah they are so nice but quite lethal (unless I'm a lightweigt!!) they did have alcohol in them and they were €14

Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

DisneyRon

€14 each is a bit steep indeed :o But I assume you get to keep the glowing cubes :P

If it's listed on the menu, with a list of what's in them, I may try one, but not much of a fan of alcoholic beverages.

loulou169

Right I've finally figured how to upload photos!!

Some of the desserts we had. Can't seem to find main

If I find more I'll add them ASAP x
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 04, 2014, 09:08:25 PM
€14 each is a bit steep indeed :o But I assume you get to keep the glowing cubes :P

If it's listed on the menu, with a list of what's in them, I may try one, but not much of a fan of alcoholic beverages.

They are listed on the adult menu under the beverages. You do get to keep the cube.  The cube changes colour so your drink glows in different colours. I know it's steep but it was really nice. Around the rim they put this sugary stuff and that was nice!

DisneyRon

Quote from: loulou169 on September 04, 2014, 09:19:47 PM
They are listed on the adult menu under the beverages. You do get to keep the cube.  The cube changes colour so your drink glows in different colours. I know it's steep but it was really nice. Around the rim they put this sugary stuff and that was nice!

The sugary stuff is usually sugar ;) Flavoured and coloured sugar, certainly, but sugar. ;)
I'm intrigued though, I may get one, although I did book for Lunch, rather than Dinner...
Might spice up the afternoon a bit if it's really strong ;D (I'm assuming it'll be more sweet than strong though).

Not exactly a lightweight when it comes to alcohol (mainly by not being a physical lightweight either :P ), but I generally don't like to consume the stuff, I'm more of a fruit juice and water kind of guy.

moonloo

I can confirm that the Glowtinis are indeed fairly potent!!! Well I have had one weaker one, which I assume someone had neglected to add the propper number of shots into it  :o , but all others I have had have had a real kick to them!! We have an extensive collection (20 or so) of the glowing cubes!
The children can also get mocktails in several bars in keepsake tumblers with glowing characters attatched to the straws. I dont believe these childrens mocktails are available in Auberge but Im sure someone will be able to correct me if I am wrong...

loulou169

Both of mine were potent. I have to say I came out of auberge pretty happy!! Lol I've seen the kids ones too but can't think if auberge does them. I know blue lagoon does. When I go back I'm definitely having another one (or two!!)

michellemumof2xx

Wow!! Them desserts look AMAZING!! So excited!! And as for the drink-im not a big drinker but id have to try one of the,, they look very nice :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

seraphelle

I didn't see any glowing cocktails in the restaurants but I know they definitely do them in the Bar in DLH, my kids still have their juice in them sometimes and my youngest has her glowing Tinkerbell attached to the end of her bed and puts her on to glow at night (they take watch batteries so are easy enough to keep glowing!)  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

pialykke

Just to get it straight - on the menu page, it says you get a prince's cocktail with the meal included in the price - so which one is that - and does that have alcohol in it?? Neither me nor my hubby drink alcohol at all, so would prefer to just have a coke tbh... I thought you could only get what was listed in the menu at the Auberge - I didn't realize they had a drinks card too......? Or am I misunderstanding?
Hope someone can clarify... :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

DisneyRon

Quote from: pialykke on September 05, 2014, 11:09:29 PM
Just to get it straight - on the menu page, it says you get a prince's cocktail with the meal included in the price - so which one is that - and does that have alcohol in it?? Neither me nor my hubby drink alcohol at all, so would prefer to just have a coke tbh... I thought you could only get what was listed in the menu at the Auberge - I didn't realize they had a drinks card too......? Or am I misunderstanding?

I'm assuming the starter cocktail is without alcohol (as none of the restaurants appear to serve alcohol by default, it's always an additional charge). :)
But I'm not sure, I'll gladly try and find out though, as I should be lunching there in 10 days. :D

loulou169

Quote from: pialykke on September 05, 2014, 11:09:29 PM

The welcome cocktail is alcohol free and just a fruit drink that is layered. The bottom was a orange colour and the too yellow. It's a nice little touch for the kids. Makes them feel all grown up! 

The auberge does have a beer and wine list you can order from which is inside the menu they give you when you arrive.

pialykke

Quote from: loulou169 on September 06, 2014, 09:02:09 AM
The welcome cocktail is alcohol free and just a fruit drink that is layered. The bottom was a orange colour and the too yellow. It's a nice little touch for the kids. Makes them feel all grown up! 

The auberge does have a beer and wine list you can order from which is inside the menu they give you when you arrive.

Thanx Loulou, that's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure, when people started talking about glowtinis... ;)
We'll be going there in November, so trying to get as much info as poss. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

DisneyRon

Quote from: michellemumof2xx on September 02, 2014, 09:54:16 AM
Hi, I'm just wondering, who have you seen when dining here?? I have looked on youtube and seen Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and then alot of Snow White and a few of Ariel. Can anyone tell me when did you go? And who did you see? Do you see "rare" princessess like Tiana? Thanks

I've been to the Auberge, and the princesses were out in forse. Aside from Suzy and Perla I spotten Cinderella (with Prince Charming), Ariel and Aurora. So no "rare" princesses, but 3 different ones.

Aurora1

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 17, 2014, 05:08:14 PM
Quote from: michellemumof2xx on September 02, 2014, 09:54:16 AM
Hi, I'm just wondering, who have you seen when dining here?? I have looked on youtube and seen Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and then alot of Snow White and a few of Ariel. Can anyone tell me when did you go? And who did you see? Do you see "rare" princessess like Tiana? Thanks

I've been to the Auberge, and the princesses were out in forse. Aside from Suzy and Perla I spotten Cinderella (with Prince Charming), Ariel and Aurora. So no "rare" princesses, but 3 different ones.

That are about the princessesses we saw in there too. It is a few years back! I also saw pictures of Belle beeing there. And I think Tiana also appeared. Maybe not as often as the other ones. I don`t know about Rapunzel!

@DisneyRon: is it possible to ask at City Hall who is going to there on the day and do reservations then? Is it possible for you to find out?  ;D

michellemumof2xx

First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!