Breakfast in other Hotels

Started by seraphelle, September 05, 2014, 09:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

Hi guys,

I went to see our travel agent yesterday and got all our restaurants booked for our stay in October, and I asked if we could book to have breakfast in other hotels and pay the extra rather than have breakfast in the hotel we're staying at. I'd always been under the impression this was fine as I've seen folks on here not too happy that the price of Inventions breakfast had gone up, and it was here we were hoping to go one of the days as we're not eating our evening meal until late so wanted to be as full as possible all day. We're staying in the Sequioa this time and I've heard some not-so-great stories about a scrabble at breakfast time and I know Hallowe'en week is going to be superbusy, so this seemed a good option to me. The travel agent got all our restaurants booked and then asked about breakfast and was told very abruptly (she seemed visibly taken aback at the person on the phone) that we could only have breakfast in the hotel on our booking and that maybe when we arrived on site we could switch to Plaza Gardens but that was it.
Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

loulou169

When I was there in April I went inside the pink hotel and asked if I could book a breakfast there one morning and they told me they didn't do this anymore. I think you have to pay for a character breakfast and it's only at cafe Micky now. I wouldn't of thought Sequoia would be too busy compared to Santa Fe or Cheyenne when I've stayed there. That's manic!! You can ask the hotel reception when you get there about Plaza Gardens. They may be more helpful 
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

captain rocket

This does now seem to be the case! Last year I stayed in the Kyriad on room only and bought my breakfast at DLH for, I think, about 15 euros.The breakfast was excellent as befitting a quality hotel and when I came to pay they could'nt find a key to the till so I ate free!! This seemed to indicate that they were not really set up for "outsiders" to have breakfast there, then earlier this year, someone on this forum posted that the cost had risen to 30 euros!! Good as the breakfast was, it was not worth that!! Since then they have announced that this option is no longer available for non guests..
My advice would be to eat early at the Sequoia to avoid the crowds and then get a mid morning snack at somewhere like the Cable Car Bake house. If they have the option for breakfast in the park I would take that on one of your days. This is usually served in Plaza gardens and when I have enjoyed this option I go into the park at 08.00. and spend an hour to an hour and a half enjoying the attractions and then have breakfast and get back out into the park for rope drop.The breakfast here is the same as at the Sequoia but does have a more relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy your trip, Halloween is my favourite time of the year and with the new float in the Halloween Cavalcade, I am really looking forward to my visit on the 22nd!!

cazspence

Yup you can now only have breakfast in DLH if you are staying there.

seraphelle

What a bummer! I was looking forward to those delicious little sausages again  ;D Oh well, I don't know whats more shocking, that they're resisting an opportunity to make more cash, or what my husband's reaction will be when he finds out he can't have a full english  ::) ;)

Thanks for your help folks. We get the afternoon treat vouchers this time I believe so we'll survive on the continental from the Sequioa without wasting away too much, although I might be sick of the sight of croissants by the time I get back!  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

polar vixen

I looked into this when we went last September, and was really gutted that we couldn't  have breakfast at DLH, (Davy crockett breakfast is poor compared to a buffet) but at 35 Euros per adult, 15 a child (3 adults and 3 children) there was no way I could justify that.  We had breakfast at cafĂ© mickey, which at the 9:30 sitting was a scrum, and poorly stocked.  Considering three of my kids were gluten free, and we were told we'd get special bread etc, we paid allot for them to eat kiwi fruit and bananas.  Characters were good, but it was soooooo noisy! 
The other option we were told about (don't know if it's still going?  Was a breakfast which included hot items at HNY?  That could be paid for and I believe was 12 euros an adult.  Might be worth asking about?
Alsoo, if anyone knows as a guest at Davy Crockett you can't swop for a breakfast in the park, but is it possible to pay for it?  Like Is aid, you don't get allot in your davy crockett breakfast pack, enough, but especially not in the gluten free selection, no fruit etc.... no ham, no cheese.  SO if we could get a breakfast at plaza gardens one morning even paying for it,it would be fantastic.  We are entitled to EMH......

brenjo

You can or at least you could have breakfast at Empire State Club in HNY....and this is/was (until November 12) a very quiet affair with characters calling to your table.  They do/did hot items including the most delicious crepe style pancakes!!!  I can't remember the price but i didn't faint when inquiring  :D

Good luck