October trip: a few random questions...

Started by Mrsya, August 22, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Beginning to get excited about our trip now with more Halloween posts starting to appear and it's got me thinking about a few things... Sorry for the list. Didn't want to start a new post for each one!

1. What is weather generally like late Oct. googled average temp and got 16•c?
2. Will it be freezing (not literally) overnight in cabins at Davy Crockett (didn't have to use heaters in May!)?
3. Is the parade still at 5:30pm?
4. Are pause gourmand seasonal or will they still be offering us ice-cream?
5. Is Ratatouille restaurant part of standard meal plan?
5. My son is desperate to meet Sully and/or Buzz. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

msRavenswood

The pause gourmande treat depends on which shop you trade your vouchers at. There are some shops which offer cookies and muffins, so you can go there if you don't want to eat ice cream in the cold.  ;)

The Chez Remy bistrot isn't part of the standard meal plan, but you can use your vouchers for their face value and pay the difference. I booked dinner at Chez Remy for our trip in September and we, too, have the standard half board.  :D

polar vixen

We've been in November cabins were lovely hearing worked great and the site was fab for having a walk in with touches on an evening. You'll have a great time

ewormas

Hi
Can't help much but Buzz is the usually at his meet and greet in Toon Studios in WDS. Hope you have a lovely trip   :D

DisneyManiac

Quote from: Mrsya on August 22, 2014, 12:14:26 AM
Beginning to get excited about our trip now with more Halloween posts starting to appear and it's got me thinking about a few things... Sorry for the list. Didn't want to start a new post for each one!

2. Will it be freezing (not literally) overnight in cabins at Davy Crockett (didn't have to use heaters in May!)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

What dates will you be going? I am going during mid October.

Mrsya

Quote from: polar vixen on August 22, 2014, 08:28:26 AM
We've been in November cabins were lovely hearing worked great and the site was fab for having a walk in with touches on an evening. You'll have a great time

I'll tell the Hubster, I think he'd like a walk with touches!  :-[

Daddydan8

I'm going for the last week in October also at the DCR - Its our first time going and cannot wait!!

I've been looking at the weather myself and a long raneg forecast is showing 16 degrees and dry - lets hope it stays that way!

Hope you have a great time!

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mrsya on August 22, 2014, 04:07:30 PM
Quote from: polar vixen on August 22, 2014, 08:28:26 AM

I'll tell the Hubster, I think he'd like a walk with touches!  :-[

hihi, I assume hearing should be heating, and touches should be torches... :P

DLPWonders (Banned)

That is a question which can't be answered. I've been going every year in October for the past 12 years, and I've had every single weather condition possible during my trips. From sunny 25ºC to rainy 10ºC to even snow. There's no way you can predict that. The only thing you can do is just look up some weather forecasts to see what the weather will be like at the moment you're going on your trip.
This basically is the same as the first question...it all depends on how the weather conditions are at that moment. If the weather is cold, the cabin will probably be cold to and you need to use the heater. If it's pretty warm outside, it'll be warm inside the cabin too.
Yes, the daily Disney Magic On Parade is still at 5:30pm and it will be like that until the Christmas season starts (the parade will temporarily be cancelled by then).
I'm not really sure on this one, I thought they weren't seasonal but I can not say for certain.
No it isn't, it's part of the plus and premium meal plan.
Buzz Lightyear can be meeted daily between 10:30 and 12:45 at Toon Studio at the Walt Disney Studios Park. He can be switched out with Mickey and Minnie though, so you have to be lucky. Unfortunately Sully doesn't do any meet and greets anymore, so that would be a no.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Mrsya

Thanks again for replies. Getting excited now!