Facts & Secrets

Started by mstaft, March 24, 2007, 04:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mstaft

I have heard that Disneyland park is filled with unique little touches- like the Genie in the Adventureland Marketplace. Are there others like that I should watch for when we visit in June?

Thank you!
Mark

Sigton

If you compare the house of phantom manor with the house of Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho", you will find that they are almost the same :wink:.

Lordofthemightybeasts

Secrets, hmmm...

Okay- go to Adventure Isle and try to find a little clearing at ground level to the East (taking Main Street as pointing due North) of the large suspension bridge. You should notice a rather large, flat rock. If you push one side it will roll over on a central pivot.

In Boot Hill, the graveyard at the exit of Phantom Manor, look for a large metal sarcophogus grave. If you press your ear up against it you should hear a faint heartbeat from inside it.

There are loads inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle. On the first floor inside the castle there is a large oval window pointing towards main street. Every few second the image on it changes from a rose to a dove.
In a nearby scene there are two suits of armour. Listen closely and you can hear them snoring.
Next to that is a stone statue of Malificent's raven. If you take a flash photo of it you should notice that its eyes briefly glow red.
And, if you didn't know, a huge animatronic dragon is to be found lurking underneath the castle.

Right, Pirates Of The Caribbean. In the interior queue you will walk past a barred window looking into a room with a broken floor and a chandelier with a skeleton lying on it. Near the end of the actual ride, in the scene with the skeletons drinking in the bar, look up at the broken ceiling and you will see that same chandelier from earlier.

At the entrance to Adventureland look up along the top of the wall stretching from the left of the entrance. There is a large bird (the Roc bird from Arabian legends) egg sitting on top of the wall in a nest.

On Big Thunder Mountain, when you're on the first chain lift through the tunnel. Look down and ahead on your right by the waterfalls. You should notice an opening in the rock and some train tracks. This is where the trains rush by as they enter the last tunnel before the big drop underwater. If you're lucky you might also see a train shoot past.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...  :wink:

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"Secrets, hmmm...

Okay- go to Adventure Isle and try to find a little clearing at ground level to the East (taking Main Street as pointing due North) of the large suspension bridge. You should notice a rather large, flat rock. If you push one side it will roll over on a central pivot.

In Boot Hill, the graveyard at the exit of Phantom Manor, look for a large metal sarcophogus grave. If you press your ear up against it you should hear a faint heartbeat from inside it.

There are loads inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle. On the first floor inside the castle there is a large oval window pointing towards main street. Every few second the image on it changes from a rose to a dove.
In a nearby scene there are two suits of armour. Listen closely and you can hear them snoring.
Next to that is a stone statue of Malificent's raven. If you take a flash photo of it you should notice that its eyes briefly glow red.
And, if you didn't know, a huge animatronic dragon is to be found lurking underneath the castle.

Right, Pirates Of The Caribbean. In the interior queue you will walk past a barred window looking into a room with a broken floor and a chandelier with a skeleton lying on it. Near the end of the actual ride, in the scene with the skeletons drinking in the bar, look up at the broken ceiling and you will see that same chandelier from earlier.

At the entrance to Adventureland look up along the top of the wall stretching from the left of the entrance. There is a large bird (the Roc bird from Arabian legends) egg sitting on top of the wall in a nest.

On Big Thunder Mountain, when you're on the first chain lift through the tunnel. Look down and ahead on your right by the waterfalls. You should notice an opening in the rock and some train tracks. This is where the trains rush by as they enter the last tunnel before the big drop underwater. If you're lucky you might also see a train shoot past.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...  :wink:

Cool!!

shell_ely

i have had a great idea , we should get all the secrets together and make a list of them all so they can be printed out and we can all look for them when we vist , make a sort oif check list so you can mark off the ones you have seen, and get everyone to look out for new ones to add to the list!  :nemo:

just a idea  :pluto:

fly_with_me_dumbo

i dont know if you know this, you proberly do but to make the castle look further away the top storeys of the buildings along the sides of mainstreet are subtly graduated in size.

Lordofthemightybeasts

Okay, I thought of some more:

Look at the centre window on the first floor of Phantom Manor and you just might spot the Bride behind the curtains. This is pretty much impossible to see on a bright day, but when it gets dark a light will occasionally illuminate the window for a few seconds. Also look out for the Phantom lurking behind the furthest left window on the first floor on the side facing Boot Hill. Again, a light will come on behind the window every once in a while.

You can also hear the sounds of a dentist performing a particularly painful operation on a patient, a man shaving and various other noises coming from the upper floors of certain buildings on Main Street USA.

On the waterfall lift in Pirates Of The Caribbean, look above you and you will notice lots of little glowing eyes peeking down at you. These eyes are also to be found later in the skeleton caves and in the first tunnel in Big Thunder Mountain.

In Alice's Curious Labyrinth, the Cheshire Cat is more than just a head. The hedges that grow overhead to the right actually form the stripes of the cat's body, as seen in this sattelite photo:

When riding Big Thunder Mountain, after the second lift hill, just after coming out of the big helix you go through a canyon before dropping down through a small tunnel. Just before you drop, look above and you'll notice a pack of animatronic coyotes (two to the right, one ahead)  It's surprising how many people miss this. Oh, and in the final tunnel, after the third lift hill, look above you to see a group of glowing bats screeching at you.

mstaft

This is so much fun! Thank you!

Lordofthemightybeasts

And more...

At the far left end of Main Street USA, just before reaching Central Plaza, where Liberty Arcade comes to an end, turn left toward Frontierland. Here there is a secret passage to Frontierland that bypasses the main entrance.

As you exit your doombuggies on Phantom Manor you find yourself in the wine cellar. Looking through one of the barred windows you can see into a small chamber storing wine in barrels. On top of a barrel is a bunch of roses, and if you listen carefully you can faintly hear the haunting, manic laughter of the Phantom echoing around the chamber. A wonderfully creepy little touch.

At one end of Adventure Isle lies Skull Rock (from Peter Pan). Unbeknownst to most guests, there's a little passage next to Captain Hook's ship that takes you up and inside Skull Rock. From inside you can look out of the hollow eyes and mouth, offering a very different view over Adventureland.

I'll try to think of more...  :D

RnRCj

^You know everything!  :P

Tell me more! I haven't heard of many of these before.

Owain

Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"At one end of Adventure Isle lies Skull Rock (from Peter Pan). Unbeknownst to most guests, there's a little passage next to Captain Hook's ship that takes you up and inside Skull Rock. From inside you can look out of the hollow eyes and mouth, offering a very different view over Adventureland.

I'll try to think of more...  :D

:shock: I never knew that, so next to Captain Hooks Ship theres a passage way to another level inside skull rock ?

Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote from: "Owain":shock: I never knew that, so next to Captain Hooks Ship theres a passage way to another level inside skull rock ?

Yes, in the 'chamber' that looks out of the mouth there is a gap in the wall that takes you up a (very slippy) stairway to an upper level where you can get a unique skull's eye view. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

Okay, some more- in the African section of Adventureland, to the left of the main entrance there is the Girafe Curieuse shop. If you go in then you will find the large, curious giraffe itself, its head poking through the wall, chewing on some leaves.

On Space Mountain: Mission 2 you drop through a large field of asteroids just before you enter the loop. Each asteroid has a 'moving' effect projected onto them, but the lowest one on the right which you pass by last has the face of the moon from the original version projected onto it.

How about a little something from an extinct( :cry: ) attraction- Space Mountain: De La Terre A La Lune.

You see that brush thing, that's a spark brush. When the train rushed past guests in the queue (it looked right into the mountain back then) could see it produce a shower of real sparks (only in the dark), adding that extra touch of magic.  :wink:

Quote from: "RnRCj"^You know everything!  :P

Well... it gets me through endless games of 'Guess The Disney Park'  :D

Samninetysix

RnRCj

Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"
Quote from: "RnRCj"^You know everything!  :P
Well... it gets me through endless games of 'Guess The Disney Park'  :D

Of course! It's you! Deadly Avenger! I need to wake up more :P

Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote from: "RnRCj"Of course! It's you! Deadly Avenger!
'Course it is!  :D

Alright, some more. At the entrance to Adventureland there is decorated blue archway that has 'Adventureland' written on it. Where the top, blue part of the arch comes to an end, there is a little corner with the intitals WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) hidden in it. This can be seen at both sides of the arch.

On Adventure Isle ther is huge system of underground tunnels and caverns. If you follow one to a point where you are directly underneath the Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse, look up and you will see the tree's roots creeping through the ground above.

The ride building for Snow White has a tower of sorts emerging from the entrance. Look up at the large arched window on the tower and you'll notice the evil Queen looking maliciously out over Fantasyland.

Another from Boot Hill- there is a large white gravestone in memorial of the 'Hole In The Wallet Gang', 1992. The following list of names are actually imagineers who worked on creating Phantom Manor. The 'hole in the wallet' refers to the huge budget that the team used in creating this lavish, highly detailed attraction.