Hotel Kyriad

Started by naisworld, August 08, 2014, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naisworld

Has anyone stayed at the Kyriad? We have bad to extend our break by a day (due to eurostar) and you can get a room there for £39 a night! Was also considering magic circus or explorers if anyone has any feedback! Thanks in advance :)

wishuponastar83

I stayed in March 2012 the room was basic but comfortable, breakfast was nice (included hot choices)  and the shuttle bus was convenient if there was anything in particular you want to know just ask.

I am trying explorers at our next trip only because we want the pool for our 3 year old

naisworld

Quote from: wishuponastar83 on August 09, 2014, 09:44:03 AM
I stayed in March 2012 the room was basic but comfortable, breakfast was nice (included hot choices)  and the shuttle bus was convenient if there was anything in particular you want to know just ask.

I am trying explorers at our next trip only because we want the pool for our 3 year old

Thanks for that. It's only for one night as we are in Santa Fe for 4 nights. It was just so cheap! I'm also thinking of Explorers as we have a 3 year old and he would love the pool, plus we won't have disney tickets for our last day so can hang around the hotel!!

LotsoHugginBear

The Kyriad offers more comfort than Santa Fe and a way better breakfast, so don't worry you'll be fine with this hotel.
Stayed there several times during the last years, last stay at the Kyriad was in March 2014.

Discovery_Mountain

We stayed there once, It was nice but Breakfast was a bit of a scrum and bus to to the parks was so crowded as (when I was there) it picked up at all 4 of the partner hotels. It was bad with just me and my girlfriend but people with push chairs and buggies didn't stand a chance on getting on the early busses.

My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

naisworld

Think I'm going to book it then. It's too much of a bargain at £38!! Does anyone know if they offer the service where they take your luggage to the train station for you?

captain rocket

Bags to the station on a £38 room, optimistic are'nt you!
No, this facility is not available at the Kyriad, there are free left luggage lockers (the best I know at DLRP) or you can take your bags to the station and leave them there for the day.

naisworld

Quote from: captain rocket on August 14, 2014, 12:05:13 PM
Bags to the station on a £38 room, optimistic are'nt you!
No, this facility is not available at the Kyriad, there are free left luggage lockers (the best I know at DLRP) or you can take your bags to the station and leave them there for the day.

Last time we were at Dlrp we were able to pay about £13 each and they took our bags to the station. I just thought the same service would be available in all the disney recommended hotels! 

captain rocket

I think Disney would make the point that the luggage transfer to the station is one of the reasons that makes staying in a Disney hotel a better experience than staying elsewhere, albeit in a recommended partner hotel! As I said, there are good quality self service lockers at the Kyriad so you could leave your bags there and just send one nominated member of your party to collect them or use the left luggage lockers at the railway station which is located on the first floor. Whatever happens enjoy your visit and your hotel stays!
Just for info, I am an AP holder and go to DLRP 3/4 times a year so always book the cheapest hotel which is often the Kyriad. I have stayed there a dozen or so times and would definitely prefer the convenience of Disney hotels but I am not a millionaire!
I had to extend a visit by one day a couple of years ago and got a night in the Santa Fe for £38 a room! And that was the cheapest deal around! So it does happen some times.

naisworld

Quote from: captain rocket on August 16, 2014, 09:30:38 AM
I think Disney would make the point that the luggage transfer to the station is one of the reasons that makes staying in a Disney hotel a better experience than staying elsewhere, albeit in a recommended partner hotel! As I said, there are good quality self service lockers at the Kyriad so you could leave your bags there and just send one nominated member of your party to collect them or use the left luggage lockers at the railway station which is located on the first floor. Whatever happens enjoy your visit and your hotel stays!
Just for info, I am an AP holder and go to DLRP 3/4 times a year so always book the cheapest hotel which is often the Kyriad. I have stayed there a dozen or so times and would definitely prefer the convenience of Disney hotels but I am not a millionaire!
I had to extend a visit by one day a couple of years ago and got a night in the Santa Fe for £38 a room! And that was the cheapest deal around! So it does happen some times.
Thanks for that. I think I might wait closer to our stay as I've sometimes seen the disney hotels on expedia. It would be much easier to book one night in one of those!  :)