My Parisian Summer Trip Report - Part 1-3 online!

Started by DLP-Photos.com, August 01, 2014, 01:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Part 3 - Midnight in Paris

As we were about to leave for central Paris we had our second unfortunate meeting with the RATP system as Kristians Paris Visite card suddenly didn't work. Remember this was the 24h card that we had just bought a couple of hours earlier. Their ticket office was - of course - closed, but there was a man standing outside in one of the "ask me" shirts. His response was just "I do not speak English!" (said in very good English by the way) - he would not help us finding someone who did and when I asked him again he just left with his newspaper. So we went up to the the main train station and went to the SNCF information booth only to be met by yet another worker who didn't understand a single word of English. In the third try we did find someone who could help us and he gave Kristian a new ticket right away. How crazy is it for Gare du Nord to only have TWO service workers on site on a monday in one of the most busy weeks reg tourism throughout the year? And then for only one of them to speak English? :P :P

Right, we got ourselves to Champs Elysées and as we were walking the first steps we were feeling a bit hungry and joked about eating outside on the avenue. Just as we did this we stumbled upon a lovely sandwich place called Pomme au Pain, where I got the most delicious sandwich with a cake on the side and a drink for less than 9 EUR and a spot outside on their Champs Elysees terrasse without paying a single euro cent extra. Brilliant and if you are on a budget and still want to experience the wonder of sitting there for a meal I can only recommend this place!

As we afterwards made our way towards the Arc de Triomph (which never cease to amaze btw) we saw a group of people and photographers outside one of the cinemas with flashes being fired in great numbers. I quickly guessed that it would be some kind of movie premiere and eventhough we only caught the very end of it we were right. Zach Braff was on his way into the cinema and we just managed to get a quick glimpse of him before moving on :)

Say Cheese! by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

After this we took the metro to the main point of the night The Eiffel Tower with lights on. As we arrived at Trocadéro and stepped to gaze upon that amazing view towards the tower it was yet to be lit, so in stead we just went for a quick walk through the Jardins du Trocadéro to get a closer look on the beautiful and ever-impressive construction before returning to the stairs of Trocadéro from where we would be seeing the lights turned on and the little light show at 10 PM. I think it's much better here to just let the photos speak - this was a stunning couple of hours for sure!

Tour Eiffel by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Trocadéro by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

During these hours we had quite a laugh at the annoying street vendors who keeps trying to make people buy their stupid lasers. One poor fella kept telling people that his lasers could be seen on the tower, while having trouble just making them show on the nearby trees! Others invented a brand new word "waterbeer" as they apparently didn't have the time to place an "or" in between the words of the two things they so desperately want to sell. Meanwhile a dance group contributed with a wide range of background music from Amy Winehouse to spanish tango music. It's never a boring night by the Eiffel Tower!

I took a quick walk down to the carroussel by the foot of Jardins du Trocadéro and on my way I was stopped no less than three times by people wanting to have their photos taken. Oh, the despair of walking around with a huge camera and tripod ;)

Right, back to the photos...

After this we took the metro to the Louvre and went on a little stroll from there to the Notre Dame just soaking in the unique atmosphere of Paris in the evening/night - it really IS THE CITY OF LIGHTS! SO beautiful :-) :-) :-)

Musée du Louvre by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Love at the Louvre by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Wheel of Lights by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

The Avenue by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

The Seine by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Pont Neuf by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Locked Love by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

The Seine by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Two Eiffel Towers by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

Notre Dame by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

We were back in the hotel around 00.15 and we were ready for bed before an early start next morning so we could get to to Disney!

When we arrived at Gare du Nord in the morning we tried using the 24h tickets and none of them worked. Even though I am sure I had read that it would be for the the day you used them until the end of next day three police men told us that they weren't valid, so we had to buy two tickets more to get to Disney! We ended up paying waaaay too many money to RATP and SNCF during these 24 hours, but what the heck - we were on our way to Disney now!

Gare du Nord by DLP-Photos by NKA-Photo.com, on Flickr

To be continued...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

andlorna

Hi, Some amazing photos ;D ;D ;D, I cannot wait to see your Disney photos, what camera do you use to take such stunning photos.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

never2old

I'm enjoying reading your TR soooo much!!

And your photos... well, you know what I think of them. And Paris obviously inspires you... There's not one photo in there I don't simply adore. They're stunning. And the ones by night... Whoa....

Can't wait for the next update  :D

vampira

Wow! I haven't had the time to read your report yet, but I have to say I just love your photos! They are so beautiful and you capture all the little details so well, it almost feels like I am there in Paris myself! :D I wish I would be that good at taking photos!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

seraphelle

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

ScarletteDreams

Wow, the eiffel tower at night looks soo beautiful!!!  :) :)

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for all the amazing comments! They make me so happy :-)

I'm so sorry to keep you waiting for the Disney updates but I have just been incredibly busy with intro days at my new school last week and the first proper school day today.

I hope to make the first Disney update within the next couple of days! It might be divided into a lot of small updates :)
/Nicolai

magic katy

Big fan of your photos. Especially the evening photos are magical. And that is not even in Disney!

DLP-Photos.com

Just three previews of what's to come from Disney :)

/Nicolai

DisneyManiac

ilovemainstxxx

fantastic report as always.... ;D
your pictures are so special  , amazing....they make you feel like your there , or want to be there..
really looking forward to your disney days, hope there are some water ones in there..always love your water pictures.. :D

esmeralda

Great report as always and beautiful pics!!!
But when is the Dlp part following?? Can't wait to read it!!!
Julia

DisneyManiac

It's almost a month, are you busy or has it slipped your mind?

DLP-Photos.com

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the great comments - the DLP part will come. The real world has just caught up on me - having just started on my new education I have simply not had the time to continue this report.

But do not fret - even though I have lost my notes I still have 1000 of photos to through :)

They will be posted :D
/Nicolai