Half Board Meal Plans

Started by Bodyfather, July 14, 2014, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodyfather

I will be visiting between 11/8 and 16/8, booked the basic half board meal plan with the Santa Fe hotel meaning I can use the buffet restaurants. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would need to reserve a table at the buffet restaurants or is there usually spaces available with them being buffets?
Thanks in advance

jeakat24

I would definitely book for places like Plaza Gardens etc. In high season you're likely to be waiting a long time for a table without a reservation. In my experience the hotel buffets are usually quieter but I've never been for summer before so I can't tell you if that's typical of August or not
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Mileto

August is a high season. You definitely have to book earlier. Look at the timetable of shows, parades and decide.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

melmel

We are going the same week. How do you book the restaurant do you do it when you get to disney?

mvboetzelaer

Either do that or (better) call in advance. Dining reservations are taken 2 months in advance. Call the dining reservation line (it's a French number, so international fees apply and only French and English speaking operators) and reserve the times you wish. Chances are that restaurants book fully before you arrive in the Resort, specially in high season.
If you know where you will eat don't bother with walking up and waiting in line.