Toy Story Mania coming? (rumour)

Started by *TIMMIE*, July 14, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

^Well they can modify attractions to limit the amount of water that lands on the guest. They have a suppression system on Splash Mountain in Tokyo, that way it can run when its the middle of winter.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

samuelvictor

I'm definitely up for Star Tours 2 and Toy Story Mania, both great attractions in the other parks. Until there is an official announcement though I shall be sceptical as these wouldn't be cheap to add. Being that audioanimatronics on existing rides aren't being fixed it would seem that there is only enough money to do basic refurbishments at the moment - especially afte the cost of Ratatouille... however if those 2 new updates could be done for the 25th Anniversary it'd be a great coup for DLRP :)

Only one minor thing - is it just me that would really miss Star Tours 1? Its the only place in the world left to see the show... I'd miss the cool retro "real models not CGI" special effects, and REX... maybe they could do a special commemorative DVD or something for collectors. Or even better, covert SOME of the simulators to Star Wars 2 and keep one original as well? (yeah I know, that'd never happen... but in theory it would save money!)

msRavenswood

I agree with you Sam! As much as I would like to see ST2 come to Paris, I'd also feel nostalgic about the original version! But, I prefer ST2 to seeing Captain Sparrow added to PotC!

samuelvictor

Oh yes definitely. Though I like the POTC films and Captain Jack I don't really like the idea of putting him in the existing rides, as stylistically he doesn't fit in with the classic ride. I mean, I understand why it might make the rides more attractive to a younger audience who knows the films, and I wouldn't hate it or anything, but it seems unnecessary. Updating Star Tours makes more sense as Disney are going to be spending big bucks over the next 5-7 years promoting their new Start Wars films, shows and games anyway, whereas the new POTC film is delayed until at least 2017.

I often see people moaning that Star Tours in its current version feels old fashioned. Maybe I'm old but I just don't see it - its in good condition, the projectors etc are all still good, and I think the film itself looks great, specifically because of the "real life" models and not using cheap CGI which dates quickly. I was watching Episode III the other day on TV and its amazing how "fake" and old fashioned a lot of the set pieces look just a few years later. That doesn't tend to happen with models and puppets, which I think is the current thinking for JJ Abrahms. (not that I'm saying the new Star Tours looks bad, just that the old one doesn't look bad either!) One of the things I am interested in with the new Star Tours is the different branching paths, so its actually slightly different every time you ride it. That's cool, as I know our family will ride it a lot. Last time we were in DLP we did Star Tours at least 5 times during our stay as we all really like it.)

Joey

Love it! But I don't know if we should have two Toy Story themed laser shooting rides?
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

*TIMMIE*

Why not? Seems the same, but the experience is different. It works for the other resorts that have both. :)

DisneyGagaChick

Yay, this has made me happier!  ;D ;D

Dgrey

Quote from: irJoey on August 30, 2014, 11:10:59 PM
Love it! But I don't know if we should have two Toy Story themed laser shooting rides?

Why?:)it's actually pretty much fun

Disney_Wizard

I've been on this ride in Orlando, and it's so much fun! I was worried it would be too much like Buzz Lightyear's Lazer Blast but it's really different, in every way. Can't wait to ride it in Paris ;)

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: Disney_Wizard on September 21, 2014, 12:15:18 AM
I've been on this ride in Orlando, and it's so much fun! I was worried it would be too much like Buzz Lightyear's Lazer Blast but it's really different, in every way. Can't wait to ride it in Paris ;)

We didn't get the chance to ride it in Orlando, the queue was too long & all the fastpasses were gone :(

What was the ride like?

4marco

After choosing the studios as the best of 4 Orlando disneyparks during our holiday last june, our top 3 was:
1. Toystory Midmania
2. 7 dwarfs mining train
3. Testtrack

The attraction is making everybody laugh en having a super funtime! Not having the fastpass is making you wait for 90 till 120 minutes, but it's worth  because of the mega-fun-factor. Digital, 4d shooting all sort of things in differen themes.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: 4marco on September 21, 2014, 07:46:50 PM
After choosing the studios as the best of 4 Orlando disneyparks during our holiday last june, our top 3 was:
1. Toystory Midmania
2. 7 dwarfs mining train
3. Testtrack

The attraction is making everybody laugh en having a super funtime! Not having the fastpass is making you wait for 90 till 120 minutes, but it's worth  because of the mega-fun-factor. Digital, 4d shooting all sort of things in differen themes.

I went on Test Track, the 7 dwarfs train wasn't open & the wait for TSM was way too long :(

What is TSM like?

4marco

In buzz your shooting while your moving, in tsm you'll move to different 3d/4d screens where the shootingaction begins! In each different game you shoote with something else to the screen.  The characters will also throw things back to you, funfactor!

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: 4marco on September 24, 2014, 10:51:46 PM
In buzz your shooting while your moving, in tsm you'll move to different 3d/4d screens where the shootingaction begins! In each different game you shoote with something else to the screen.  The characters will also throw things back to you, funfactor!

Aw no way, gutted I didn't go on TSM IN WDW HS!  :(