[Rumour] Marvel to be theme for third park?

Started by Kristof, July 31, 2014, 11:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyfanGermany

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on July 31, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Having a dedicated park would also remove the likelihood of Marvel creeping into the existing parks because, frankly, Disney & Marvel don't mix; they're just owned by the same company.

Thats my opinion too! Exactly!  :P
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

Soap

Imagine the queu in front of that....... ::)

"Well yes kids, daddy is going to wait here for a few hours yes......"
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

polar vixen

Heehee. I think it'd be a good move. Who wouldn't want to meet Thor?! I certainly wouldn't be complaining!

DLP-Photos.com

To be fair, it's not an idea that personally gets me as excited as Ratatouille or even better some more unique additions or respectful updates of the classics, but objectively it would be a smart move. As many have said you would attract an all new group of guests that could bring in not just more guests to this park but also more guests to the other parks.

Financially it would also make a lot of sense (and way more sense than Avatar Land, which to me is still quite vulnerable). Disney has the marvel movie franchise planned far into the 2020's so I'm sure we'll still see the Marvel super heroes in the cinemas then and don't forget how many fans Marvel has who became fans already from the comics. They will come to this park no matter if the films are still succesful or not.

Whether the universe is big enough for a park on its own? With many years of comics origins and at that time 20+ films I don't think this would be a problem at all. And remember that superhero films are often about making it is as extraordinary as possible and that is a pretty good start for a theme park! I would expect high themed areas and attractions and not just the cheap rollercoasters and such that Universal used the rights for in the U.S.

Would I prefer a unique third park with brand new, original attractions and stories? Of course, I think we all would - but at this time I don't think anyone could pull that off or get the financial backing for it. Not even Disney! It is the age of franchises and I think we just have to accept it and in that case I would much rather welcome Marvel than Avatar to be part of Disneyland Paris :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

DisneyRon

Separate lines for the ladies and gents obviously.
Thor, Loki, Captain America and Ironman for the ladies.
Black Widow, Pepper (perhaps as Rescue), Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk for the gentlemen.
;D I see massive lines for both of those meet & greets. :P

cyrilthemilkman

Financially it would make sense, you get the guests staying at the resort for longer periods, 5 days to a week instead of the normal couple of days.  Therefore more money spend yada yada.... but I think they would need to upgrade disney village to offer some evening entertainment as well, as a marvel land is likely to attract a different kind of visitor (not exclusively but will bring different people in who wouldn't of normally come to disney), who would probably be youngsters/couples etc without kids, so having some evening entertainment would be another no brainer in my eyes. 

Plus where would a third gate go, unless they move the parking lot, a third gate couldn't fit around the resort hub.

seraphelle

Personally, I would wait in line a long time to have a meet and greet with Thor or Loki. A very long time, indeed.  ;D ;)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

seraphelle

Quote from: DLP-Photos.com on August 01, 2014, 01:27:02 PM
don't forget how many fans Marvel has who became fans already from the comics.

Totally agree, there are lots of folks who are enjoying the films over the past few years and are excited about those planned for the future, but who started out as kids buying the comics.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Esti

I think it would be a great idea. I don't like Marvel attractions in DLP or WDS, but a third park, that's completely different. They have lots of opportunities, as the Marvel Universe is so big, full of characters and with a rich history. If they do it right, it can be spectacular.

Also, as it has been said, it could attract a different kind of guest, one that doesn't want to get in line to meet Snow White but would love a picture with Thor. Also, I think it can bring back families that have now teenage kids. I love DLP, but by the time I was 11 I already felt that there weren't many "hard" attractions. Big Thunder Mountain gets old quickly and Space Mountain HURTS. SO. MUCH. It is needing more thrilling attractions without losing the family-oriented ambience. With Marvel they could focus more on that, while leaving the princess-y and cute, fairytale-like atmosphere to DLP.
This could be great for families that have both teenagers and younger kids, people who are originally interested only in Marvel would probably at least check out the other 2 parks and might realize they actually like it, people would stay for longer...

Also, if you go to Disney Stores, there is Marvel and Star Wars merchandise being sold. Kids are now growing up seeing them both together; they buy Mickey mugs and Spiderman underwear, The Avengers are their Disney Princes. You could say Iron Man is the new Goofy.

I hope they do build a Marvel theme park, and I hope they do it in Paris!

loulou169

Quote from: seraphelle on August 01, 2014, 02:09:24 PM
Personally, I would wait in line a long time to have a meet and greet with Thor or Loki. A very long time, indeed.  ;D ;)

Lol! I would be in that queue too!!  :-[  ;)

I love the idea of a marvel theme park. I'm a huge Disney fan but after Disney my next big thing is Marvel. I absolutely love the films and so to have a park dedicated to it would be another area of heaven for me!! If anyone's seen Guardians of the Galaxy you can see the marvel films are just getting better and better and so a theme park dedicated to this genre would never go out of fashion. Considering marvel comics have been out since the very late 30s (know n as timely comics) I don't see this trend ever leaving. There's always going to be that child who buys the comics (most probably begs their parents to go!) turning into the adult who takes their kids.
My kids (11 & 7) are huge marvel fans too and have the DVDs,etc. This kind of franchise would definitely need it's own area as it's so vast and such a different criteria to what Disney is. It would just look out of place in the studios, which is a shame as the studios needs something to bump it out a little in certain areas, so it's own park is the only feasible idea. Both Disneyland are so clever at doing things it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing sometimes in the studios, probably like Toy Story Playland, it's own area you walk into that turns into a completely different land from the studios.

Who knows but it'll certainly be interesting reading the gossip and hearing peoples views. This is quite a controversial idea for a lot of people but I think it's quite simple. Disney needs the people, marvel will attract many, many people from all over the globe so it should be a win win for Disney. You couldn't get a bigger brand than Marvel.    :)
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: Basketca on August 27, 2014, 05:44:07 PM
I think it would be a great idea. I don't like Marvel attractions in DLP or WDS, but a third park, that's completely different. They have lots of opportunities, as the Marvel Universe is so big, full of characters and with a rich history. If they do it right, it can be spectacular.

Also, as it has been said, it could attract a different kind of guest, one that doesn't want to get in line to meet Snow White but would love a picture with Thor. Also, I think it can bring back families that have now teenage kids. I love DLP, but by the time I was 11 I already felt that there weren't many "hard" attractions. Big Thunder Mountain gets old quickly and Space Mountain HURTS. SO. MUCH. It is needing more thrilling attractions without losing the family-oriented ambience. With Marvel they could focus more on that, while leaving the princess-y and cute, fairytale-like atmosphere to DLP.
This could be great for families that have both teenagers and younger kids, people who are originally interested only in Marvel would probably at least check out the other 2 parks and might realize they actually like it, people would stay for longer...

Also, if you go to Disney Stores, there is Marvel and Star Wars merchandise being sold. Kids are now growing up seeing them both together; they buy Mickey mugs and Spiderman underwear, The Avengers are their Disney Princes. You could say Iron Man is the new Goofy.

I hope they do build a Marvel theme park, and I hope they do it in Paris!

Spot on  :) give us some bigger attractions

DisneyGagaChick

So, is this a rumor or is it really happening?