London Auditions 23rd July.

Started by hannahdarling, July 10, 2014, 10:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannahdarling

Who's going?!Hey! I'm Hannah and I'm new to this! I've wanted to audition for over two years for DLP, and now that I'm out of college I can! If you can tell by my username and avatar I am a HUGE Peter Pan fan. My dream would be to play Wendy Darling but apparently my height is too tall for her requirements *sigh*. Anyway, I'd love to be any Disney character! I'm auditioning on the 23rd of this month at the Pineapple studios in London, if anyone off here is going it'd be great to talk and get to know eachother before hand! We can support eachother, give eachother advice and hopefully become great friends~
Inbox me if you're going or if you want to talk!

I have a few general questions for you go-ers.
- What will you be wearing? (I've heard it can be a bit iffy going in Disney themed clothes or Disneybounding~ I was thinking about black leggings and a colourful shirt, it's good to be noticed apparently.)
- What time are you arriving? ( I love an hour from London, and it's good to be an hour early, so I'm going to have to get a super early train to avoid peak times and to get there early!)
- Hair? Up or down?
- Makeup? (Apprently it's good to wear some, if you usually do, but don't over do it! I plan on normal natural foundation and thin top eyeliner)
- Shoes? (I might take my old ballet shoes with me)

Thanks!
But, Peter... How do we get to Neverland?

Abenita

Hey Hannah! I'm Ana, and I would also be attending the recruitment session on the 23rd!
I tried last March, but it was my first ever time and was quite overwhelmed, so I didn't get through all the stages.
You need to wear comfortable clothes, so I would say that black leggins and a bright tank top is just fine! Don't worry about the shoes, though, because you are not gonna wear them at all. You need to take them off for the measurement stage, and people usually don't wear them either during the animation stage.
If my bus is on time, I'll be there an hour early as well. Last time it was not, and I arrived at Pineapple at 9:40, but I saw people coming at 10:15 with no problems!
I would go for a ponytail, as it gives you freedom to move. My hair is quite long, and curly. But it's truly up to you!
People do wear makeup, some of them a lot! I would suggest some basic foundation and eyeliner, as you said. Don't overdo it, mostly because you want to look natural, to make sure they truly look at you.

I hope that helps! And see you there :)

jackbigsey

Hey I'm Jack, I am going to the Disneyland Paris parade dancers audition on the 23rd, I have never been before and I will also be going alone! I really don't know what to expect haha. I don't think I am up to the standard for the audition but the experience should be fun, right? Are people taking headshots with them or just the CV/Resume? Ngl, I'm pretty nervous about the open audition tomorrow!

rjuniper

Hi I'm Robyn and I'm going to the audition tomorrow too and I'm super nervous, as long as traffic and the tubes are ok I'm planning on being there an hour early but we will see. I'm thinking gym trouser and a vest and then hair up and natural make up. I have a dancing background and have danced since a really young age but I dont think I'm at a great standard at the moment as I have just finished uni and got out of it while I was there. Though I do ahve a tendency to be very loud and over enthusiastic so I'm hoping that helps ha. Good luck tomorrow and maybe see you there
Robyn

rjuniper

Oo I forgot too I'm taking my cv with me even though its not really a performers cv but I havent done headshots has anyone else?

Emchappie

Does anyone remember the full dance combination. I wanted to have a go at it at home, I failed here yesterday, and can't seem to find a video online anywhere of the routine :)
Blog: www.whenyourdreamcomestrue.tumblr.com

Previous Visits:
DLP - 1994
WDW - 1996
DLP - 2002
WDW Pop Century - 2008
WDW - Disney International College Program 2012
WDW - Disney International College Program 2013

dazzle_v2003

How did everyone that attended these auditions get on?

Be great to hear your experiences and what you thought the audition process was like.

blancheneige

I got through to the waiting list to be a parade/character performer at the Dublin audition on the 10th July. I was completely shocked as I'd never auditioned before and hadn't really done much dancing for around 6 months! Does anyone have any idea how long I'll probably have to wait to hear from Disney again? I know it's up to 6 months and sometimes never, but on average how long do people usually have to wait? Is anyone else here on the waiting list also?

dazzle_v2003

Congratulations Blancheneige! Good luck. Hopefully you won't be on the waiting list too long.

MermaidLagoon

Quote from: blancheneige on July 28, 2014, 04:12:23 PM
I got through to the waiting list to be a parade/character performer at the Dublin audition on the 10th July. I was completely shocked as I'd never auditioned before and hadn't really done much dancing for around 6 months! Does anyone have any idea how long I'll probably have to wait to hear from Disney again? I know it's up to 6 months and sometimes never, but on average how long do people usually have to wait? Is anyone else here on the waiting list also?

Congrats! I'm also on the waiting list, but for character only (I auditioned in May in Amsterdam) and I wrote November 1st down as a starting date.I don't think there really is an average waiting time, some people get called a week after, some after 5 months and three weeks!
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.