Silver Spur Vs Steakhouse in the Village?

Started by Livvipivvi, May 03, 2014, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hi all,

I am looking to reserve out tables for our evening meals, but am having serious trouble deciding where to go.  There are just so many places that we want to try, but not enough time!

I'm trying to eliminate by looking at similar places and choosing one.

Which is better The Silver Spur Steakhouse in the park or the Steakhouse in the Village?

TIA :)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

captain rocket

The Steakhouse has had consistently good reviews on here, but I found it overpriced with poor service! Maybe I was unlucky! What may sway your choice may be what time you want to dine, Silver Spur often closes fairly early in the evening whereas the Steakhouse in the village stays open later.
If the food is ok in both, the best ambience is the Silver Spur in my opinion and that is where I would choose to eat.

polar vixen

I second that, haven't tried the steakhouse in the village yet, but love the theming at the silver spur, always found the food gorgeous!

spacemountainplatypi

I'm gonna go with silver spur, theming and food are both fantastic.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

BoristheSpider

I am yet to try Silver Spur but can vouch for the one if the village being lovely & the waiter we had was very friendly.  It is a bit of a weird atmosphere in there though, the front part is ok but if you are near the windows feels sort of like you're in a conservatory & the tables aren't very well spaced out x

danogian

Haven't tried the Steakhouse, but we were in the Silver Spur a few weeks ago, and agree the themeing and atmosphere are brilliant. I had the sirloin, and it was probably among the nicest steaks I have ever had, although my wife had the entrecote, and it was a bit ropey.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

Livvipivvi

Fab, thank you all, thats a really good help :)

If the atmosphere and theme are better in the Silver spur we will go there.  The Steakhouse sounds nice too though, so we will keep that as a second choice if the Silver Spur closes too early when we are there :)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

never2old

We tried the Steakhouse in the Village on our last visit, last February, and were slightly disappointed. The menu seems to have been reduced, and though the food was very good (even if over priced), service was rather slow (despite it being rather quiet in the restaurant). I would go back, but I'm not dying to, if you know what I mean... It's a shame because it was one of our favorite restaurants.

bad-pink-tink

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

fd1972uk

Fancy Silver Spur myself, more to the theming.

We're doing a kind of Cowboy day (or more evening).

Intend to go to Frontierland, goto Silver Spur and then finish off later at Wild Bills.

On HB+ but assume I can choose the steak option, as don't like the HB+ option for main course.

FD

captain carroll

Would i need to make a reservation for silver spur?

LotsoHugginBear

The cowboy evening sounds pretty cool! But do you know that you get food at the Buffalo Bills? Might be a bit much if you just had a meal at the Silver Spur.

once.upon.a.dream

love silver spur! Think its my favourite restaurant along with Blue Lagoon  :)
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

giorgio1712

Just returned from our trip and it seems we had a different experience to most on here. Silver Spur was awful whilst the Steakhouse in the Village was amazing. Both service and food were shocking in Silver Spur. Waiter forgot to bring bread, forgot to bring drinks we asked for and also disappeared when we were trying to pay the bill. We were also made to feel bad because we were ten minutes late for a reservation but ended up being in there for 2 hours due to the poor service! The food was also appalling for the price it costs, my duck was cold as were the sweet potato fries. The Steakhouse in the village was our best restaurant experience of the week with an awesome waiter and very good quality food.