Disney Did You Know? - A Great Way to Pass the Time!

Started by DisneyManiac, July 08, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

captain rocket

Just off to work, will post tonight if no one can get it!

captain rocket

OK as no one has come up with the answer, here it is!
Oddly, it is inside the Princess Pavilion. I never even noticed it until I was editing some photos recently. It is at the bottom of the Royal proclomation  which I believe is inside the front entrance ( I am not a regular in the Pavilion!) and says something along the lines of her Royal Highness being delighted to grant an audience to visitors to the Magic Kingdom. Who knows there may be more somewhere!

stormflm595

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on July 18, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
Disney Did You Know #18

There's a McDonalds inside Disneyland Park at DLP. Does anybody know where it is?

really?! i'm going to look into this!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: stormflm595 on July 25, 2014, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Sulley's Arms on July 18, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
Disney Did You Know #18

There's a McDonalds inside Disneyland Park at DLP. Does anybody know where it is?

really?! i'm going to look into this!

I can't believe loads of people haven't been on saying "...it's obvious. For some!"
BTW, I've never seen it, but it is definitely there ;)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DisneyManiac

captain rocket

DisneyRon

Hmm, that's a difficult one, I sure didn't notice the golden arches inside the park last time I went. :o

My guess would be back stage then, but I doubt that's the case. What are we missing?

DisneyManiac

Don't know why I'm thinking of Café Hyperion.

stormflm595

I google mapped it and the location for the Village one comes up and then one inside the park, somewhere in Frontierland  :o I've never noticed it, maybe it's hidden extremely well or it used to be a Mcdonalds and got changed to something else? Or it could have been one of those stands where they sell a product of Mcdonalds inside the park, such as the fries which they have or used to have in WDW?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

itslizi

I had to take a look on Google Maps for this mystery McDonalds, and there is one located in Frontierland...

As that sounds a little crazy, I did a little search and came across this:

"Disney has signed on with McDonalds. They will open 2 McDonalds restaraunts at Walt Disney World and 1 at Disneyland Paris. They will start selling McDonalds french fries at the WDW parks, first at a restaraunt in Frontierland."

This was posted in October of 1997 over here... http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/secrets/Parks.html

daddyof2

When we visited in 2002, I think the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue (or somewhere near) had food that seemed very McDonalds-like

DisneyRon

Given that it's supposed to be in Frontier Land (note: I certainly wouldn't have guessed that), the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue is a likely candidate. It is certainly structured like a McDonalds restaurant, even if the interior is very different. :) No Golden Arches either if memory serves.

gothprincess

Disney and McDonald's parted ways when "Super size me", came out and people realised shock horror fried food is bad for you :o. That's why you don't get disney toys in happy meals anymore.

Factoid however many "The Lion King", was originally going to be called "The king of the jungle", until some genius realised that lions don't live in the jungle.

Sulley's Arms

McDonalds is on Main St USA, but behind the Liberty Arcade.  As I said before,  I've never seen it myself, or even  caught a waft of their unmistakable aroma, but it is there, and for CMs only.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]