How to add photos???

Started by pialykke, July 06, 2014, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

I have been trying all morning to add photos to a post, uploaded them to flickr, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get them to embed on my post???
I've tried inserting every single link from flickr between the img brackets, but all I get in my preview is a red cross.... So which do I use, do I have to delete some of it (and what part?) and is there no simpler way to upload photos to this forum?  ::) ::)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

nathalie

If you click your picture on flickr, click right mouse button, preferences, and copy the URL from the picture, and put them in the IMG tags?

I'm not familiar with flickr.  I use Photobucket for many years now.  You upload a picture, and next to it are at least 3 different ways of copying the link, including the tags for whichever website you need them.

norhel

Quote from: pialykke on July 06, 2014, 03:12:34 PM
I have been trying all morning to add photos to a post, uploaded them to flickr, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get them to embed on my post???
I've tried inserting every single link from flickr between the img brackets, but all I get in my preview is a red cross.... So which do I use, do I have to delete some of it (and what part?) and is there no simpler way to upload photos to this forum?  ::) ::)

The link you are putting between the img-tags, are you using the link from address line (ie where you for ex. write magicforum.eu) or are you using the link from the image itself? When I add pictures here from Google, I have to right click on the picture, choose "copy image URL" and then put that url between the img-tags.

Now, I'm not familiar with Flickr, but the principe is probably the same.
As far as I know, that's the only way.

Hope this help.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

pialykke

I used the url from the image itself.
Decided to scrap flickr, and set up an account with photobucket instead. That worked a treat.
So getting the trip report done now will be very easy. (Just spent most of today just doing day 1, because of the photos......)
Thanx for your replies.  ;D

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe