Booking up for November today, help please!

Started by pialykke, July 05, 2014, 01:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

I haven't set foot in this forum since coming back from our last trip in March - I haven't even posted our trip report as promised... SORRY! I just couldn't face coming in here reading all the trip planning and reports, I just wanted to chain myself to the fence and stay there forever!

But now we are looking to actually go again in NOVEMBER already!!!!!!! I didn't think we would be going till March/April again next year, but we really want to go for christmas and experience all the decorations - and Jack and Sally naturally.

So now come the millions of questions:
* How busy will it be mid November (Thurs. 13th - Mon 17th?)
* Which characters are out, where, and all in x-mas outfits?
* When the christmas season starts on the 9th - does that mean full blown decorations, christmas parade, santas meet&greet, and everything else? Or do they scale it up leading up to christmas?
* Are all the restaurants still open? (Specifically Caseys, Rainforest Cafe and Bistrot chez Rémy)
* We are pushing the boat out and going to the Auberge on the Sunday for DS6's 7th birthday - he LOVES Cinderella - can we request that she brings the cake?

Hope you can help - I like to plan these things well in advance, and as we are going for DS6's birthday, I want it to be really special for him!  :D
Thanx in advance.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

LotsoHugginBear

During your stay it should not be too busy.
Christmas season runs with all its magic from the first day it's announced.
Most characters wear special costumes.
Which restaurants are open? Who will know  ;) have a look at disbneygazette or dein-dlrp some days before you go.
I guess you can't request Cinderella to bring the cake. Of course you can ask for it, maybe it's possible if she's there. Just ask!

pialykke

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on July 06, 2014, 01:19:01 AM
During your stay it should not be too busy.
Christmas season runs with all its magic from the first day it's announced.
Most characters wear special costumes.
Which restaurants are open? Who will know  ;) have a look at disbneygazette or dein-dlrp some days before you go.
I guess you can't request Cinderella to bring the cake. Of course you can ask for it, maybe it's possible if she's there. Just ask!

Thanx Lotso. I just wondered if other people had been in November, if they knew which restaurants usually close down during that period. I know I can't know for sure till later on... ;)
But yes, will definitely check out Disneygazette. I used that site for our latest visit too.  :D

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

LeesideJim

We normally go around the second or third week in November, Christmas is our favourite time to visit Disneyland if we had the choice of when to go, it would always be Christmas, everything from the ambiance of the Christmas music when your walking up Main St. to the decorations everywhere the giant Christmas tree it makes the most magical place in the world feel more magical. it dose get cold and wet so wrap up well and bring a spare pair of shoes.

The best part of November is that's it's really quiet, we didn't even need to make use of the early magical hours, most of the rides were walk ons for us and the ones that weren't we queued a max of 25 minutes for BTM and TOT only RC and Crush did we queue for more than 35 minutes, 

We had dinner in the rainforest cafe 3 out of the 4 nights we were there, Caseys corner was open everyday that we were there it always busy inside and we didn't fancy sitting out in the cold so we chose to go to cafe Hyperion instead which was always empty and had a live band playing Christmas music.
Cheyenne March 2009
Cheyenne March 2010
Sequoia Lodge February 2011
Santa Fe November 2011
Sequoia Lodge November 2012
Sequoia Lodge February 2013
Cheyenne November 2014
Cheyenne November 2015
Sequoia Lodge November 2016
Sequoia Lodge November 2017
Newport Beach Resort 2018

gemma2806

I went last November for the last week and it was amazing! I will actually be going back around the same time in November 2015 for my partner's 40th as he loves Disney.

I put on my trip report from the 24th to the 30th November 2014 so if you're interested I would (unbiasedly!) recommend having a read as I'm sure I put lots of details in it  :D