Time to celebrate...

Started by Anthony, October 02, 2004, 11:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I got my lovely Aladdin Trilogy DVD today, and found something we should all celebrate - a DLRP advert on a UK Disney DVD!!!  This hasn't been seen for more than 5 years, so well done DLRP!  :D

What does everyone think of the Aladdin SE?  I think the film looks and sounds amazing, and the making of is the best i've seen yet on a Disney DVD.  It's a shame they couldn't bother putting decent extras on the RoJ and KoT DVDs though...  :(

PAT_MAGIC

Hi Baloo i thought that u couldn't get the DVD till Monday cos yesterday i pre ordered the DVD trilogy from disney online.  Also did u get the free limited edition poster. :D

Anthony

Well i ordered the Aladdin Trilogy from http://www.play.com becuase not only did it cost just £29.99 but they always send out new releases the wednesday before, meaning you get them on the saturday even if they aren't out till monday!  :D

Let me know what the poster's like though, just so i can be jealous!  :wink:

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah i will that is if i get it cos i accidentely put the wrong name in for the billing and now they r saying that it is too late to change, so that is bad. :cry:

experiment627

I love this SE! It's such a wonderful movie and they put some really nice extras on that DVD.

I like how they used the show at DCA as the frame for the documentaries.

But it's absolutely obvious that Robin Williams didn't want to have to do anything with the DVD - which is a petty.

But overall, a great movie and a great edition.

Anthony

Now I look back at the DVD, it's a shame they didn't include more extras based around the time of the film's release - tv previews, more trailers, work-in-progress versions etc.  This is something they did very well with Snow White and Beauty and the Beast.

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah it is a dead big shame i thought that Robin Williams was not in any of the interviews cos all u saw was him recording and it looked pretty funny, however it is a shame that he is not in it, also i would have loved to see stuff from when it was brought out apart from the trailers.  Also i never got Snow White on DVD so what type of things did they put on that that were from the time.

Anthony

Here are the Snow White special features (listed quite briefly, i should add):

•  Special Feature Information:  
      °  Local Tour By Angela Lansbury  
      °  Dopeys Wild Mine Ride  
      °  The Making Of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs  
      °  Some Day My Prince Will Come Sung By Barbra Streisand  
      °  Heigh Ho Sing A Long Song  
      °  Audio Commentary With Walt Disney  
      °  The Wishing Well  
      °  The Queens Castle Virutal Gallery  
      °  The Queens Dungeon  
      °  Alternate Version Of Snow White Meeting The Prince  
      °  The Dwarfs Mines  
      °  Deleted Scenes  
      °  Disney Through The Decades  
      °  The Dwarfs Cottage  
      °  The Premiere  
      °  Trailers  
      °  Pubilicity  
      °  Vintage Audio  
      °  A Trip Through The Walt Disney Studios  
      °  How Disney Cartoons Are Made

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 72-8005269

Snow White is actually due to be released again in 2009 if i remember correctly, so you haven't got that long to wait really - only 2 years more than i'm having to wait for The Jungle Book!  :evil:  :evil:

PAT_MAGIC

Cool i am so annoyed that i missed it and it is actually 2008 i think according to diney.co.uk and i can't wait or might buy it off someone off amazon like i did with cinderella.  I want to see those.  I wish this much stuff was on aladdin special edition.  I might buy it off someone next year after this streak of paying my mum for all the disney dvd's i have bought lately and then xmas and spending money for dlrp and can't forget the next couple of disney dvd's that r comming out mickey's twice upon a christmas looks so cool on the ad for it on the aladdin special edition dvd.  So yes i want to go and buy it alos i bought beauty and the beast brand new direct from amazon earlier this year which was great cos i didn't have to pay over priced prices. :D

Kristof

I don't think the double dvd was released here  :cry:   Wish we had those extra's too.

PAT_MAGIC

really i have to say that not that much makes its way to belgium does it god i would love to know why they don't.  Also having no disney stores must be annoying aswell cos they r great when it comes to everyday disney items.

Kristof

Yeah, it really sucks.  Although lately, a lot of things are coming out here like the Treasures volume II, 3 Musketeers first, ...

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah the amount of DVD's coming out at the moment is great and also thank you very much Raptor for buying me the Volume II of the Walt Disney Treasures i really am greatful. :D