Bistrot Chez Rémy

Started by andlorna, June 19, 2014, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

Just seen the new menu and prices for the new Chez remy restaurant, is it me are they very boring. I thought there would have been a bit more choice than only 1 starter and 3 main meals to choose from ? For such a new fantastic ride and new attraction within the studios I am really surprised that the menu options are very poor.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

orangarnold

Quote from: andlorna on June 19, 2014, 03:51:19 PM
Just seen the new menu and prices for the new Chez remy restaurant, is it me are they very boring. I thought there would have been a bit more choice than only 1 starter and 3 main meals to choose from ? For such a new fantastic ride and new attraction within the studios I am really surprised that the menu options are very poor.

I'm in mixed minds about it, I'd probably weigh up going there or to Silver Spur for an evening meal as its similar food but I would have preferred to see more options for starters. I know the trick with this is its mass produced food for a quick turnover so choices have t be limited but still an extra starter wouldn't go a miss.

aquacat2

It is quite simple but if they are aiming for a 45 min turn around for people then limiting menu options means they dont have so much to prepare.
The restaurant is so well themed even though its not the most exciting menu around I will probably still give it a go.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Andybear

I don't like the sound of the starter or main courses but love the sound of the desserts - so I might go and just have 2 desserts ;)

andlorna

Quote from: Andybear on June 19, 2014, 09:28:40 PM
I don't like the sound of the starter or main courses but love the sound of the desserts - so I might go and just have 2 desserts ;)

That's what we are planning on doing when we go in Feb. The desserts are the best thing on the menu.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

SGregory27

wonder if its going to be on meal plan????

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Samninetysix

I really can't see us going in for a meal. 1 salad starter, beef, fish or veggie mains - and that's almost €30!!. I think it's bloody scandalous. Dear god, how much GP do DLP want to make on a meal??. I really hope that's not the finalized menu.

Andybear

Quote from: Samninetysix on June 22, 2014, 02:18:47 PM
I really can't see us going in for a meal. 1 salad starter, beef, fish or veggie mains - and that's almost €30!!. I think it's bloody scandalous. Dear god, how much GP do DLP want to make on a meal??. I really hope that's not the finalized menu.

I agree - there's very little choice and it's way too expensive.  When I go to DLP in September I'll be going on the ride but will definitely not be going in the restaurant. 

Samninetysix

Quote from: Andybear on June 22, 2014, 02:32:03 PM
Quote from: Samninetysix on June 22, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

I agree - there's very little choice and it's way too expensive.  When I go to DLP in September I'll be going on the ride but will definitely not be going in the restaurant.

Agreed

Andybear

I suspect TPTB think that everyone will be so excited about the ride, they'll have to eat in the restaurant no matter what the choice and price.  If that's the case then they're very mistaken!  Some people might but I suspect a lot of us won't. 

StarGazer

Quote from: SGregory27 on June 19, 2014, 11:58:04 PM
wonder if its going to be on meal plan? ???
Meal Plan Plus I think!

Returning to the main topic, I do not really mind about the food. Since we always go on meal plan (and going to the Studios means either paying the extra for Restaurant des Stars or eating in Blockbuster and saving the vouchers for dining at Disneyland Park), we'll try this one out. I also wonder if those limited options are just test plates for now, and that the real deal will have more choices, although we'll stick with whatever they offer, I guess.
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

Samninetysix

I'll be stunned if that's it, I've never seen a restaurant (and I've worked in a few) with a single salad starter.

Andybear

Since they're planning on a 45 minute turnaround I suspect the menu will stay very limited so there won't be so much different food to prepare - it'll just be lots of the same things.  I don't like the sound of the starter and the main courses so I'll definitely be avoiding it. 

never2old

Well, personally I think it sounds delicious, so can't wait to try it! Though I'll admit with those prices we probably won't be going too regularly!

orangarnold

I think I will try it for dinner ones night on my next visit. The photos of the location make it a must visit for me