Late winter/early spring?

Started by daddyof2, June 19, 2014, 07:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

What are people's experiences of visiting in February/March? It's one of the cheapest times of year, but obviously has shorter days and likely to be colder and/or wetter than May or June.

michellemumof2xx

We went in feb for our first time and were very lucky with the weather! One day we had a long sleeved top on and a fleece-no big coats! It was quiet, biggest wait was about 25 mins for big thundrr mountain. Most days it was sunny and pleasant, it did get cold at night, and the park shut at 8pm for dreams. It never rained once and we were made up! Like I say,, dreams was 8pm and then  we went back to our hotel (new york) to swim, play in arcade or to let our girls play withtheir new toys, we even sat in the bar for cocktails or did some shopping. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and have booked again for next feb! Hope this helps  :) Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

daddyof2

It does a little bit, thanks Michelle. Fingers crossed you get decent weather again - we had a day of rain 2 weeks ago so the time of year is obviously no guarantee. I see you're going back to the HNY - any particular reason? (It's actually the only hotel at DLP I've stayed in too) I was thinking SQL if we went...

SGregory27

We went in feb 2013 for 3nts/4days and only had rain one day ( which was Valentines) but it cleared up in time for dreams  :) the rest was sunny but cold.  Thinking of this, out of the 6 times we have been to DLP that's is the only day of rain we have had.  April has been a good month for the weather, September we found to be misty and took its time to burn off.  Pot luck I think

we have booked Feb half term again next year and doing 5nts/6days SL GF rooms as its half term,  so we can have a lazy time ( DDs will be 6y and near 3y) and we can use lounge if weather is bad instead of sitting in room.  We want to see if longer time but shorter days work better for our girls.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

amanda08

I know it sounds crazy, but we actually prefer it when the parks shut at 8pm lol. I think it makes for a more relaxing holiday as you have time to chill out in the evening after dreams and dinner rather then getting back at 11.30pm after Dreams and collapsing straight into bed! We went this year feb half term for the first time in 18 visits and had a fab time. It was busy but not packed, weather was great apart from one morning of rain. I even got sunburn sitting on the wall outside of PM waiting to do baby switch :o

I was nervous about going at this time of year but would definately do it again ;D

michellemumof2xx

Im glad everyone else has enjoyed it in feb too! The weather was just nice, couldnt imagine going in summer when its roasting hot, and super busy! We are going back to the new york as we really liked it there. We did try for sequoia lodge but it came in more expensive as the offer was different, so while my travel agent was on the phone, I said "how much is the new york one for the exact same dates", she then spoke on the phone and the new york was around 180 pounds less as the lodge was on a 3 nights for the price of 2, but new york was 2 nights/days free when you book 2, so it was cheaper. Im not 100% convinced this was true though, as i checked the website the day before and that offer didnt exist, so i cant see why it would change over night, and then it was back to the 2 nights free when i looked again!! (ANY IDEAS) i had never heard of that offer before anyway. Im really looking forwrd to going back there. It would of been nice to try another hotel, like cheyenne but we like the warm breakast, and the pool and im obsessed with new york, so after this trip in feb, I thimk we will miss a year and head off to new york!! Only 241 days to go til were back  ;D
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

disney day dreams

I went in feb 2010 and it was great, we went just over valentines day. The ques had most of the time 5-15 minutes !. The weather stayed lovely too, odd chance of rain but we didn't have any.
Wrap up as it can get quite chilly though  !
Still some bigger time waits in the studios for crush coaster so i would still say fast pass needed in the studios but in the main park we found the 5 minute Que time was just actually the walk to the ride !