Ok, 2nd set of questions, think I'm getting somewhere... Please advise if you...

Started by Mrsya, April 06, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

...can.

Planning my little family's first trip and you were all so helpful with my first lot of questions that I thought I'd throw some more out there!  ;D

1. What would be the quietest time for lunch at cafe Mickey?

2. What time is the stars and cars parade and is it near cafe Mickey? Could I coordinate the two?

3. Anyone know anything more about the pause gourmand? Could we claim it as late as 7pm say?

4. How long does it take to walk to the car parks as we're staying at Davy Crockett and will be driving every day?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

polar vixen

First off, you'll love Davy Crockett. we#ve been three times now, and Love it.  From Car parks to Disney parks. it's about a min walk, not long, and there are travelators if you end up towards the back of the car park.  Stars n cars is in the Disney studios, whereas café mickey is in the village, to be safe I'd reckon on 10 minutes to get from one place to the other, and then you need some time to find a spot.
As for the pause gourmande(sp?) as far as I understand you get a voucher for each day that you're there, but I don't think they're dated, and can be used at any time, much like the meal voucher.  I'd ask when you get given them to be safe, unless someone else knows for sure?
You're going before us, so please let us know how you get on the the afternoon treat voucher - I'm eager to know what exactly you can get with it!

captain rocket

The timing for Stars and cars varies, last week it was around 14.00. if you have'nt seen it before it is nothing like the parade in Disneyland park! Basically, it is a series of cars with two characters in each, Goofy leads the parade on foot. As they have taken three cars,Snow White, Monsters Inc and Mary Poppins out for the Swing into Spring show, the parade is a little short at the moment! There are supposed to be extra characters walking the route but there were none last week. It is not known wether the three cars will return to the parade or when at the moment.
My tip for watching Stars and cars is to stand beside Flying Carpets right where it starts, the crowd can be really dense but is always quiet here.
On the basis that the parade is still this early when you go, it would seem best to have an early lunch at Cafe Mickey.

Mrsya

Thanks ladies. Very helpful. I will indeed post about the tea time treat!

hawian rollercoaster

Anyone confirm what you get with the teatime treat . Are cold drinks an option .

daddyof2

We did lunch at Café Mickey 1245 a week and a bit ago, and only just made it back for Stars and Cars

LotsoHugginBear

Cold or hot drink with this voucher as you prefer. The snack depends on the restaurant -  take a look at the menu. At the chalet for example you can get applestrudel or a sweet pretzel.  At Colonel Hathi you can get an Italian fruit cake, other restaurants offer other treats.

hawian rollercoaster

laylanmummyluvdisney

Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

Mrsya

Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies but this is an old thread. We've been back almost a month and had a wonderful time!

Thanks for all your help. The holiday would not have ran as smoothly without this site!!